John and Jessica's Wedding - - June 2010 SBP

love the guest book! :thumbsup2 It'll be so fun for you and your hubby to look back at everyone's comments after the wedding

So today in NY was really BEAUTIFUL out! So I got up really early to get my errands out of the way, so that DF and I could spend our day playing tennis and work on my tan:thumbsup2

So today my task was to complete the welcome bags. I went out to the mall, Christmas tree shop, and Target to get this done(big mistake on Easter weekend! SoO BUSY!) So here is a list of what I have in the welcome bags:

-chapstick- with spf 15
-shout wipes
-sewing kit
-hand sanitizer
-disney playing cards
-disney pens and notebook
- lint roller
- tylenol
- mini first aid kit
-Welcome folder (welcome letter, hidden mickey doc, interesting facts doc, personalized itinerery, window cling)
- Personlized wedding CD with music used from ceremony
- personalized tank top for maid of honor and bridesmaid
- sunscreen
- Finding Nemo gummy snacks
- tissues
- beach ball
- rolaids and/or tums
- ponchos

still need to get:
batteries
aloe
print out contents of welcome folder
Snacks & water (will get once down in Disney)
Hair Elastics
Gum

Also, like Andreah did, we are making all of our guests a "Passport" of all vital information. I have finished each page, its just a matter of printing them out before I can post pictures...but these things are pretty awesome!:goodvibes

I booked Loftis Production Services, Inc to steam my gown and DF's suit. They were cheaper than Carolyn Allen's and after hearing conflicting reviews on C.A. and only postives about Loftis, I decided to book her. I am paying $65 for my gown to be steamed and because I mentioned her website, DF's suit will be steamed for FREE!!!!! Woohoo!

Those sound great! I wanted to do the passport thing from Andreah as well but am still trying to figure it out (sadly a bit of a perfectionist ;))

Can't wait to read more :)

Those sound great! I wanted to do the passport thing from Andreah as well but am still trying to figure it out (sadly a bit of a perfectionist ;))

Can't wait to read more :)

I just finished up the Passports..I just have to find the time to take the pictures of them..I'll post pics soon..if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Wow, your welcome bags are so full of good stuff, your guests will love them :goodvibes I can't wait to see them assembled!

I happened upon your journal today and read the whole stinking thing...you had me hooked girl! Your wedding looks like it is going to be amazing! I love the colors you picked and the guest book, and flowers for your BM's and flower girl, your dress, your hairstyle...I love it all and can't wait to see it all come together for you. I had 30 guests and worked sooooo stinking hard on the welcome bags and all the little extras, but was so excited when it all came together for me.

A few quick notes...I had Ana from Beauty Especial do my hair and it turned out amazing...even better than I had planned and it stayed put all day (even through the wind and the rain)! She was a sweet heart and so good to work with.
Also, the flip flops are such a good idea...I speak from experience. My BM's and I all wore flip flops for the wedding, reception, and desert party. They were so comfy and kept us cool too. No one ever saw them either...our dressed covered them up!

I can't wait to hear some more...subscribing now :surfweb:

Anna Marie

Your welcome bag sounds awesome!! I definitely want to learn how to make the window clings and the passport sounds great. Love the new hairstyle too. I'm obsessed with braids.

oh wow good tip on the steaming! I still haven't scheduled my appointment...I need to do that this week! How much did Carolyn Allen's charge for steaming? I couldn't find prices on their website and haven't contacted them yet.

Where did you find this other place, online? Thanks! :banana:

Hey Wendy! Someone on the boards somewhere reccomended them. Carolyn allens charges 75 for gown and I believe 25 for suit?? The woman that is coming to steam is really quick to email and is very accomodating. Sorry if this message is filled with misspellings, I'm using my phone...LOL

As many of you have read in the past few days, I heard about a nasty site out there that just mocks us brides. Well, I happend to find one just by googling and of course found myself there being made fun of. It takes all the fun away and I just think its in my best interest to delete my thread and stop posting. I will still check in day to day to see others but will no longer be posting. Sorry

oh no not another one! Siiigh. hang in there

Not sure where this is happening but it has happened before and it is so sad. All brides on here (and grooms also) have been so wonderful and helpful to all other brides. I got so many great ideas for our wedding and always try to pass on informtion to those that ask for it. I hope you stay around.

Linda

As many of you have read in the past few days, I heard about a nasty site out there that just mocks us brides. Well, I happend to find one just by googling and of course found myself there being made fun of. It takes all the fun away and I just think its in my best interest to delete my thread and stop posting. I will still check in day to day to see others but will no longer be posting. Sorry
I'm sorry you feel that way but deleting your PJ is just giving the other board exactly what they want and more fodder to criticize. I hope you reconsider.

Hi, Im a new soon-to-be Disney Bride and I just want to say that before I started my PJ I read through all of the PJ's by all the lovely Brides on here, and it has really helped me to get info and etc. Ive noticed a few brides on here make these complaints about another site, but I think, there's always gonna be haters in the world. But you gotta do like jay-z said, "brush yo shoulders off"...lol...because obviously your doing something awesome worth them mentioning. I plan to keep my PJ going, and if the haters comment, o well. They arent going to stop my show. But just know that all of you other brides help the newbies like me through the process and we appreciate it :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter