Jogging trails?

Turtletyson

Mouseketeer
I will be in "training" (a Galloway-style couch-to-5K program) while at Disney. I realize we'll already be walking a lot, but going 6 days (including travel days) without running is really going to set me back.

I found this great article about jogging trails at Disney resorts: http://traveltips.usatoday.com/jogging-trails-walt-disney-world-52753.html

Has anyone used them? If I want to use a jogging trail that's not at the resort I'm staying in, I just take Disney transportation there and show my room card?

Thanks!

:laundy: (this is what I'm doing today - lots of LAUNDRY!)

My fiance runs every morning on vacation and was pleased that he was never the only one out there - there were always plenty of runners, walkers early in the morning. We stay at POFQ and he always runs between POR and POFQ and puts in about 50 minutes every morning.
If staying on property, you could take the transportation to another resort and I don't believe you would have to show your resort key. We have not had to show our key at other resorts.
The only issue is that from a lot of the resorts, you would have to take a bus to a park, then take another bus to the resort you wanted to get to which could be a bit time consuming. I know you can walk to Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin and Beach and Yacht Club from either EPCOT or HS. A friend at work always likes staying at Boardwalk because she can walk there early in the morning and she LOVES it - and since all of those are connected, (I believe) you can probably circle the lake. We have walked from the Swan and Dolphin to the Boardwalk and then to EPCOT so I believe you could just continue the loop around the lake to the Beach and Yacht Club. The monorail resorts and FW would probably be an easier trip from MK than another bus since you can take boats and ferries also.

This link has all the trails for running listed: http://www.disneyrunning.com/index.html

Most resorts have someplace to run, but some are better than others. For example AKL/AKV has almost no place to run other than the treadmills and the short path between the two buildings.

Not sure where you are staying, but we love jogging in the area by the BC. We stay at the BCVs and go running most mornings. Its fun to run down to the Studios and back and there are several ways to make the run longer. I'm using the Galloway training for 1/2 marathon. We did the Disney marathon weekend in Jan and will be going back again next Jan (beside our normal Disney vacation). I did the 5K this year and will be moving up to the 1/2 marathon next Jan. Hubby did the 1/2 and daughter did the full. Its a great weekend if you can possibly fit it in.

like wlv/FW - unlike the other running trails - it is not all cement or pavement - it is some cement, some payment, some dirt, some sand

depends upon what you want

OKW & SSR both go to DD - and you can go from one to another -okay the maps do not show that - but you can

from SSR just take the path to DD

from OKW it is next to building 55

bc/yc the inside path is more fun - but the outside path is definitely longer.

I will be in "training" (a Galloway-style couch-to-5K program) while at Disney. I realize we'll already be walking a lot, but going 6 days (including travel days) without running is really going to set me back.

I found this great article about jogging trails at Disney resorts: http://traveltips.usatoday.com/jogging-trails-walt-disney-world-52753.html

Has anyone used them? If I want to use a jogging trail that's not at the resort I'm staying in, I just take Disney transportation there and show my room card?

Thanks!

:laundy: (this is what I'm doing today - lots of LAUNDRY!)

When we stay at SSR I love running through SSR and then around through DTD especially early in the day when DTD is not opened yet. :thumbsup2

Also I agree with the poster that talked about running around through the Epcot resort area (BW/S/D/BC/YC). I also LOVE running through FW when we stay there too.:thumbsup2

I know everyone does a lot of walking though WDW each day but it's stop and go walking, certainly not going to get the same calorie burn as running and if you're training, Disney touring isn't "training"...:)

BUT all that being said, looking at your ticker it looks like you're not going until May, keep in mind it really starts to warm up in Florida this time of the year, humidity and heat and a run even in the morning outside can be pretty brutal especially if you're not used to the humidity. I used to run everyday and I live in South FL but I always stopped running outside from May until Sept/Oct as it can be unbearable.

Depending on the resort you're staying at though many do have workout rooms so that is an option if you need to do your run on a treadmill. Although not as fun as being outside it might be a lot cooler.:thumbsup2 (most of the work out rooms are pretty nice too:goodvibes)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter