• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jogging stroller and the WORLD

wedindis'00

Mouseketeer
We our thinking of bringing our In-step double jogging stroller...

Do you think this is too big for the ..
a. parks
b. monorail
c. stores

Thanks

We have brought our in step double jogging stroller on two trips now and would not do without. This X-mas might be the last time we bring it because our kids are getting older.

I can't comment about stores because we usually left it outside just out of respect to others for the space it takes up. No problems at all in the parks or on a monorail.

I initially went back and forth between purchasing two umbrella strollers or the jogging stroller. I'm glad I went with what I did. You can't beat the ease of pushing it and turning it.

We took our instep jogging stroller as well and planning on it again this year.
Too big for:
a) Parks: No. it works well and worth taking it just for this.
b) Monorail: I don't think we took it on the monorail but I think you will need to fold it up.
c) Stores: Yes, too big. Leave it outside.

For use the jogger was the way to go because our kids are getting bigger so they fit in it better and will nap in it. That also means that during the times were we need to fold it up, they can/will walk.

Question for the owners of jogging strollers: Does the jogger feel uneven or hard to push when one child is walking?
I have been thinking of taking the plundge on a jogger.
Thanks.

Question for the owners of jogging strollers: Does the jogger feel uneven or hard to push when one child is walking?
I have been thinking of taking the plundge on a jogger.
Thanks.

I have a BOB duallie and dont notice anything when one kiddo is out.

Also,
1) no problem in the parks
2) you would need to fold it down
3) I agree with the others: leave it outside if you can

Have fun!

The only time we felt our single jogger was too big was getting off and on the tram. So if you're using your vehicle and then the tram, just remember that it's going to have to be folded down. We only took ours because it came with the infant carseat carrier. Next time we're taking a lightweight.

We our thinking of bringing our In-step double jogging stroller...

Do you think this is too big for the ..
a. parks
b. monorail
c. stores

Thanks
Ours is a single Dreamer Design jogger, but most doubles are really not seem a lot bigger. I saw quite a few double joggers on our last trip and as long as they have a front swivel wheel (as opposed to the fixed kind which is for serious runners) I think you'll be fine. They just started retrofitting all the monorails and the few times we rode on it, none of the cars had the center divider in them any more, making them all much more stroller and wheel chair friendly. You shouldn't have to fold up your stroller for the monorail unless it's really packed (like the end of the day). We took our stroller into the stores but I would have willingly left it parked outside if it was just too crowded for it to be there.

The only time we felt our single jogger was too big was getting off and on the tram. So if you're using your vehicle and then the tram, just remember that it's going to have to be folded down. We only took ours because it came with the infant carseat carrier. Next time we're taking a lightweight.

ITA. We didn't rent a car on our most recent trip, but did on the trip before that. When we parked the car, either dh would walk the stroller to the TTC, while I and ds took the tram, or we all would walk (w/ds in the stroller) because dh just felt it was too big a pain getting on and off the tram with the folded jogger. We needed the exercise anyway :). If you have a AAA membership, then there is a special parking area for AAA members near the HC parking that is really close to TTC. If you can park there then you wouldn't need to take the tram at all for MK. You should check with AAA to see if you have to buy your park passes from them. I think you need a special pass to be able to park there. If you do a search for "AAA Diamond Parking pass" on the Budget Board you'll find lots of threads about it.

hth!

The disney parks are set up to handle their own double strollers that they rent out and also wheelchairs, so we have no problems getting around with our double jogger. We have taken it to disney 10x in the last few years and have never had any issues in the parks.

Do we take it in the stores? No. We just park it outside if we shop, just like we do for rides and restaurants.

Is it too big for the monorail? No. As I said above, we've taken it to disney 10x and we have always been able to just roll it right on the monorail.

We have the Instep double jogger and we don't have a problem in parks or on monorail. Dh is the official stroller pusher so he just stays outside in the smaller stores because he would rather slit his throat as to go shopping with me...hahaha

The newer buses have a spot at the very front entrance that we stuck our stroller in while we ride. On the older buses DH just got on the bus in the handicap entrance and stood with the stroller so he did not take up seating.

I am not sure how big your kids are but, we used a sit and stand stroller. The smaller child will sit in the front will the larger child and sit on the back on a bench or stand. We found this was soooo nice and well worth the money that we spent. It folded up pretty nicely and was not overly bulky(for a stroller) I also has alot of storage underneath it.

A double jogger is a bit cumbersome to lug around, but it is very much worth having comfortable/happy kids. Our biggest issue was on the bus, my sweet husband was great about folding it up and sitting with it while I held two sleeping princesses and all our junk!! :)

I have taken our double jogger that last few years. The first time we went with two kids, one was a large (tall!) 3.5 years old the size of a 6 year old and the other was a tiny 7 months old. Since DS#1 hadn't used a stroller at home in close to a year and was very active, I only brought a single. I also brought a front pack for DS#2 in case DS#1 needed a break. DS#2 spent a lot of time in the front pack. lol

Next year, I took the jogger for my even taller 4yo and my still tiny 15 month old. DS#1 is predicted to be 6'4" or 6'5" while DS#2 is predicted to be about 5'10"--there is a huge difference in their sizes; at 4yo DS#2 wears the same clothes DS#1 wore at 2yo. There was no other stroller that could held both and I wasn't lugging two strollers, especially if DS#1 didn't use a stroller a lot. I was nervous about it, but it was the best move I've ever made stroller wise.

It rolled onto the boats, even the one from WL to MK. It rolled onto the monorail, in the handicap car, although I was always willing to fold it. CMs just said not to bother. We drive, so taking the bus doesn't happen a lot, but we do from time to time. Wasn't a problem there. I would fold it prior to entering the bus line and the drivers had me enter through the handicap entrance. I set it in front of us and seated our family in a way that it did not block the walk way. If a bus was full, we waited for the next one to be the first on so that we could position ourselves in a way that did not bother anyone else. I did not take it on the trams in parking lot. I just walked from the car to the entrance and vice versa. We usually beat the tram too! Especially when crowded.

Even if it had been a hassle (for us--I would not have allowed it to bother others) with transportation, I probably would have still taken it. How often are you dealing with the transportation compared to your time in the parks? Not to mention it was wonderful to have in the parking lot, hotel, boardwalk, DtD, etc. We were frequently getting envious looks, given kudos, and being asked questions about it.

I had no problems in the parks. MK has a few tight fits (It fits, but you have to have it lined up just right) through some of the turnstiles, but the other parks have more than enough room. I would take it into stores, unless the stores were crowded. But that is because I had sleeping children in it. It fit fine. Disney is set up to handle their own double strollers and my jogger is no bigger, probably slightly smaller, than their doubles.

It pushes like a dream. Last trip we mainly used it for DS#2 (then 3) and DS#3 (just turned 2), but some nights it was DS#1 and DS#3 sleeping in it since DS#2 is a night owl. I find it does not matter who is in it, which combination, one child or two children, that stroller moves better than ANY stroller I have ever pushed, including my Peg (the mall stroller) and my sister's Mac.

Mine is a Schwinn. It has the swivel front wheel, which does need to be locked before folding. It does not have large wheels or a front wheel that sticks out (it's under the footrest). Mine also is super comfy (according to DS#1), has individual recline seats that have a thick removable pad, a large sunshade, a decent basket below, side storage pockets, a peek-a-boo window, cup holders, and carrier clips. Our model is no longer made, but the Safari is close to it in looks.

I had heard that they actually removed the middle barriers in the monorail, so you can fit doubles in there without folding them down.

As for uneven weight distriution - I would tend to think it wouldn't be a problem....but it also might depend on what kind of stroller you have. I have a Valco Twin and I can't tell a difference if there's 2 kids, 1 kid, or no kids in it....it always pushes easily and evenly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter