Jogging on the Fantasy

dad4dis

Mouseketeer
I recently began running, or should I say jogging to my exercise routine. I would like to continue jogging while on the Fantasy next month. Is the track good for jogging or will I need to use the treadmills in the fitness center?

Deck 4 can get a little warm, and you will have to share the space with the walkers, but it was just fine.

Love jogging on the boat! The best time for me is early morning. If you can get up and be on the track by 6:30, there will be a handful of joggers with you, a few walkers and crew, the sun will begin to rise and the air is still cool with a slight breeze from the ship. Its a great deck for jogging, very wide, smooth, just narrow in the pass-throughs. I believe its a half mile each time around. I find the treadmills more difficult as I'm trying to stay in a narrow space while the boat is rocking back and forth. I find myself grabbing the side bars to stabilize.

Another vote for running early in the a.m. Deck 4 is also were shuffleboard is which adds additional challenges as it gets later in the day and more people are moving about the ship.

Iran late morning and never had an issue with shuffleboard or walkers are crowd. Running back 4 is one of my favorite things to do on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

There shouldn't be any noticeable rocking when cruising in February. Of course, I have a hard time keeping straight on the hamster wheel in the gym!

Don't forget to do the CC5k

2.5 laps = 1 mile.

I agree that first thing in the morning is a great time to go out and run on these ships. There are usually a handful of runners/joggers and walkers, so you might occasionally need to slow down to get around a walker (depending on where you are on the track....it is wider along port/starboard than forward/aft), but if that's the worst of the problems -- and it is -- then it's hard to complain. My only complaint would be the one or two people who obviously don't notice that EVERYBODY else is going a different direction -- ha! There are signs to help with that (counterclockwise, as I recall).

2.5 laps = 1 mile.

I agree that first thing in the morning is a great time to go out and run on these ships. There are usually a handful of runners/joggers and walkers, so you might occasionally need to slow down to get around a walker (depending on where you are on the track....it is wider along port/starboard than forward/aft), but if that's the worst of the problems -- and it is -- then it's hard to complain. My only complaint would be the one or two people who obviously don't notice that EVERYBODY else is going a different direction -- ha! There are signs to help with that (counterclockwise, as I recall).

When DH & I WALK around deck 4, we walk the opposite way of the runners because then we can see them coming & move out of their way since we are going much slower. If we are going the SAME direction, we sometimes don't hear them coming and end up slowing them down. We like to walk side by side holding hands which makes us too wide to get around easily, so if we are going the opposite way we move one behind the other till the runners pass.

When DH & I WALK around deck 4, we walk the opposite way of the runners because then we can see them coming & move out of their way since we are going much slower. If we are going the SAME direction, we sometimes don't hear them coming and end up slowing them down. We like to walk side by side holding hands which makes us too wide to get around easily, so if we are going the opposite way we move one behind the other till the runners pass.

Sounds good to me (and very considerate), and rest assured that things like that do not bother me for more than about two seconds, if even that long! We all (myself included, of course) also have to realize that there might even be people out there who are just exploring the ship, relaxing on lounge chairs, playing shuffleboard, etc., and couldn't give a rat's patootie whether people are trying to run or walk for the sake of getting exercise. I tend to start a cruise with a few days of morning exercise to counteract all the food, but as the days go on, I tend to find myself in the rat's patootie category!

Also be aware that deck 4, port side, is a designated smoking area from 6pm to 6am. If you run at night, like I do, this could be a problem. So plan accordingly if smoke bothers you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter