• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jodi's bridal journal (posts welcome) - I'm back!

Today, whew, it was so busy-Thank god it made the time go by so fast.

Just a little tired today because my friend also came today, so I don't view myself as being a joy to be around at all.

It will be so tough working out tonight....I really don't feel up to working out...The first day of "my friend" is always so tough and i always feel so sick to my stomach...I might just do cardio. My mother always says I shouldn't over do it or push myself....but I have to! I feel so incredibly fat today. Oh, I hate the bloat of it all. :crazy2:

I can't wait until tomorrow.....We are putting a deposit down on our reception hall.

Well, I will run now, I have to go to the gym. I will report back later.

Gym update: an 1 1/2 at the gym. 45 minute cardio and I also did triceps and back exercises....I am hoping to go back to the gym early tomorrow before putting the deposit down on the reception hall and going out of the day. Oh and as usual when at work I walked up and down the 8 flights of stairs which tends to be a really good workout. ;)

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't had the chance to look at other journals.

Woo hoo!!!:cool1: :cheer2:Today we are going to put down the deposit on our reception hall.

I won't be making it to the gym today. I am just not feeling up to it. I will hit it heavy tomorrow.:sunny:

Hope all is well with everyone else.

Hi Jodi!

Have a great day today! I know you will since you are putting the deposit down on your reception hall.::yes:: It feels wonderful when things fall into place, doesn't it?:teeth: I hope that you are feeling much better today! Take good care of you!::yes::

Tracy:wave2:

Thanks Tracy, I do feel a little better. I don't always feel sick like that but I think it is also due to the heat and humidity that I felt like that.

Yesterday was my cheat day...I didn't go terrible off but I did go off. I always do for Saturday..I need at least one cheat day and it doesn't seem to mess me up on my goals.

We put our deposit down yesterday....Very exciting. I kind of wish I could have looked at the room again and the chapel (they have a chapel on-site).

My FMIL is really excited about the wedding but in a way she has been coming off really pushy. I'm trying to be good natured about it but it was getting a little on my nerves yesterday. She assumed that because I had already looked at bridesmaid dresses that I had the dresses but that was just for fun....I have plenty of time. The reason I say she is being a little pushy is because she keeps asking me about what colors the mothers will be wearing, I won't truly know that until I have the bridesmaid dresses picked out. I want all fall colors at my wedding. It will probably be a deep red color for the bridesmaids and I was thinking a chocolate color for one of the mothers but I know she won't like that because she wanted to wear navy blue.

I have to say- working out I can finally see some toning happening. When I do my triceps..it feels great, I can finally see my little muscle there. The only thing that I am worried about is the back area....Although I work out there it is impossible for me to see what it is looking like. I guess I will find that out when my dress comes in and I try it on.

Today, I intend on going to the gym but I am unsure of what I will work, maybe back, arms, and abs. I know I did them Friday but I want to work them a little harder and I probably won't get to work them that hard during the week.

Everyone has a feeling that I will go down to the size 6...It's great if it happens but I just want to focus on toning the body and not the size. I'm afraid to loose much more weight because I want to look healthy not a skeleton....I'm thinking 6 might be a little bit much...It's so hard to judge what I will look like.

Well, I will update all of you about the gym. Everyone have a fabulous rest of the weekend.

Gym update: hour and a 1/2 at the gym. 45 minutes cardio and abs, triceps, and back.
My gym trip ended up being very stressful....I ended up losing my car keys, I left them on one of the machines, someone did end up handing them in but I ended up sitting around for a good 1 1/2 for them to turn them in. Whew, glad that is over....My key ring has everything on them. I was so stressed out because there has been a couple of car thief rings in the area.....I won't let them out of my site again...They will be around my neck all of the time.

:wave2: Hi Jodi,
Yikes :earseek: ! I'm so glad you finally got your keys back but what a scary hour and half! You are doing a great job, Jodi ::yes:: ! You should be proud of yourself.

I hope you are feeling better today. I think we all know how it feels to be crampy and bloated and not want to do much. I wish there was a magic pill for that :teeth: !

I hope you have a great day :sunny: !

Jodi, I'm just catching up on your journal. Your dress is absolutely gorgeous and I'm so happy that you got to order the size 8!

All your exercise is amazing!! I just made it back to the gym yesterday for the first time in months and I'm hoping to make it part of my regular routine, just like you do!

Glad to hear your car keys turned up! At our gym, we just hang our key rings on a peg-board by the door. We live in a relatively rural area - not much crime - so I guess we're very trusting. :p

Have a wonderful day! :sunny:

Hi Val and Doreen, whew, that was a scary time indeed but I've recovered. I know I said that there was a car thief ring- It's not in the town of the gym (Orange), most of the thief has been in New Haven and West Haven from what I understand (both of them are close by though). Just glad my keys were returned. From now on, I will be wearing them around my neck.

Glad, to see that you are back Doreen....I wish you much success....I know you can do it- We all just need to get into the routine and then it is all good.

This coming Saturday is my next personal trainer session, I can't wait to tell her that I made it into a size 8. :cool1: Now, it is time for me to make another list of goals.

All went well with putting the deposit down this past Saturday. It was kind of funny, me and my DF were waiting to talk to the person at the reception hall; she was working with another couple and when the other couple came out....I knew them- They were at David's Bridal the day that I put in the order for my dress. The bride said how beautiful I looked and was going to start talking about the dress but realized that my DF was sitting next to me. Her soon to be husband started to tease my DF about how he saw my dress- it was really funny. My DF is dying to know what this dress looks like. I am keeping it top secret to most of my family and his family. I don't know is that weird. I just hope that I can keep quiet for a year...I must focus on something else. :headache:

Before Christmas, I hope to make arrangements to get our pictures taken at DisneyWorld while on our honeymoon. I can't make up my mind MGM or Magic Kingdom....I've also played with the idea of both....but I can't afford that. I want to do it as a surprise to my DF because he always trys to take pictures of me and I just don't like what I look like....I hope to have all my trouble spots worked out by next October (2005).

Decided to take tonight off from the gym but will be at it tomorrow night. I did however, keep strong with the diet.

See you all tomorrow. Thank you for all of your great support.:sunny:

Have a great night everyone:wave2:

Today was a little bit better. I heard that people are thinking positively about my work (I just started at my job this past April). It's a good thing because I am thinking about pursuing another position within my company, right now I am I am an administrative floater and the department that I am covering right now has an opening but I doubt that they will let me seriously pursue the position because I haven't been there a year, which is a requirement in moving to another position. I am going to try and set up an appointment with my manager to discuss. Wish me luck!

I'm a little upset about my DF, I think that he is making excuses not to go to the gym with me. :mad: What's up with that? He has also started to show less interest in me in a way, it's hard to explain. I know he is stressed about his job, he thinks that his company is going to fold. I have asked him several times if he wants to postpone the wedding date and he has said "no". I guess you could say things are starting to stress me out too! I feel like I should go out and look for a second job, incase things should happen with my DF's job. There are other things bugging me but this really isn't the place to air them. :worried:

Lets talk exercise- I will be going to the gym shortly....Just wanted to come home for a little bit. I have a feeling I will be very sore tomorrow, I have a lot of stress to work off. I will update all of you to let you know what I worked on. ;)

Gym update Great workout at the gym. It is as follows (I took time to write it out):
Threadmill 20 minutes on the weight loss program level 4. Arc Trainer 10 minutes on the weight loss program level 3, Crossramp 15 minute setting 6 (gluts) level 2- Okay that covers the cardio portion. The rest:
Chestpress - 40 pounds 15 reps (2 sets) and 45 pound 15 reps (1 set).
Lat Pull down(underhand)- 50 pounds 15 reps (2 sets), 60 pounds (1 set).
Long pull (Back)-45 pounds, 15 reps (1 set), 45 pounds, 15 reps (1 set).
Wide chest press- 25 pounds, 15 reps (3 sets).
Pec/Rear delt- 30 pounds, 15 reps (1set), 20 pounds, 15 reps (2 sets).
Incline Chest press- 10 pounds, 15 reps (1 set). 12 1/2 pounds, 15 reps (2 sets).
Bicep Curls- 10 pounds, 15 reps (1 set). 20 pounds, 15 reps (2 sets).
Tricep kick-back- 10lbs, 7.5, and 5 pounds....these were what they call super sets...I did about 15 reps each and 2 sets.
and last but not least Abdominal machine- 60 pounds, 40 reps, 3 sets.

And keep in mind that this is not my full workout....I usually do more. I can spend hours there. I can't wait for my personal trainer session this Saturday.;) Have a great night everyone. :wave:

Hi Everyone,

Did not go to the gym today but I kept up with my diet. Friday night I get to pick up my dress- can't wait I just got the call today. I'm so excited- that really made my day.

I told you how the DF was acting strange, well all is good::yes:: He was acting secretive because he was trying to keep a secret. This past weekend we were at a Swarovski crystal store and I saw this pair of earrings that I thought would really complete my whole bridal package, you see the earrings were hollowed out hearts and the outline of the hearts were all crystal and it was set in 14 carat gold. Well I hadn't mentioned them to him until the next day...asking him if we could go back to the mall in a couple of months to pick these earrings and I explained to him about completing the package I already have a heart necklace (with a few diamond within there), my engagement ring is a heart and I thought oh.....I have to have the earrings. Well last night when DF made an excuse not to go to the gym with me, he went back to the mall and picked up the earrings-he gave them me today. :love:

I didn't like the start to the week but it is ended up being a really nice week. :sunny:

This weekend is my personal trainer session...I can't wait.:cool1:

I will update you all tomorrow about my exercise and everything else.

Ooooh, one more thing I wanted to share about our wedding....guess what is going to be on the top of the cake?

093656_w3.jpg

Have a great night everyone.

Jodi, how sweet of your DF to get you those earrings!! :love: I also LOVE the cake topper! If you want my opinion on the honeymoon pics, I vote for Magic Kingdom - so many scenic spots there! You could have pics taken in the rose garden with the castle in the background!

I'm throwing a WISH party on the healthy living road today - would you like to come?? We've got the music up and our dancing shoes on! We're having a great time and celebrating all those good choices we make every day!!

:rockband: "Celebrate good times, come on!!" :rockband:

:wave: Hi Jodi,
Just catching up on your journal. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you and I LOVE the topper for your cake ::yes:: ! Your workouts are amazing -- you should really be proud of yourself.

Take care and have a great weekend :sunny: !

Hi Jodi- sorry I haven't been around your journal for a while. The boards have been so slow lately I have been having trouble keeping up with everybody.
That cake topper rocks.
Do you think Minnie was at the gym 5 times a week before her wedding so she could look that cute in her wedding dress?:p
Have a great night- Mary:sunny:

Hi Mary, Val, and Doe....Thank you all for checking in on me.

Doreen, I will probably end up going for both sessions at DisneyWorld (for our honeymoon). DF was so very sweet for getting the earrings....I have to say I really didn't expect it. He gave to me now, to make sure they were the right earrings....I can't remember if I told you but I didn't mention about the earrings until we were already home. While we were at the store he read that they are discontinuing certain items and was afraid that I wouldn't be able to buy the earrings on my own. He's so sweet. :love:

Val, Thanks for the great compliment about my workouts (I try). A lot of times I get motivated by the way things work out at the job....instead of wasting energy and taking things out on people I put all of that energy into working out.

I'm glad you all like my topper. Oh by the way, I don't think that Minnie has to work out hard at all....I would like to think that the magic of Disney keeps her looking as good as she does (reference to Mary's post).

I can't wait to pick up my dress...I am doing that tomorrow and good news my mother is going too! Everytime I had asked her to look with me at dresses, she made up excuses. I think my aunt may have said something because I told her last night how hurt I was that my mother did not want to bother with going to look at the dresses, and then when I knew I was going to order this dress she still didn't go with me. :mad: I am so glad that she is going with me. ;)

Okay, on to the workout. Today I did 45 minutes of cardio and worked on my abs for about 10/15 minutes. I really can't wait for my personal trainer session on Saturday. I still have to make a list of goals. I will share that on the journal when I have done that. :teeth:

Have a great night everyone:cat:

Went to pick up "The Dress" last night. I should have never had my mother help me get in the dress. My dress is very form fitting and my mother kept saying are you sure that it fits.....I can't get the zipper up- The girl at the store did it no problem. My mother always has a way of making me feel like the Flintstone's episode where Fred is shrinking in the chair....Anyone know what I am talking about.

It's looks like I won't need to really much alterations at all....I will probably only need the bustle done. I'm so excited! The only thing that I am kind of bummed about is that I won't be able to look at it everyday-I have the dress over my aunt's house.....If it stayed at my house it would smell of smoke. My mother and her husband are chain smokers.

Today, is my trainer session. I can't wait! I will update all of you later. Have a great weekend- I am going to try and look at everyone's post this weekend. I tried the other day but the server was too busy.

Trainer session went well. We worked a little bit of everything. We developed a routine so that I can do a little bit of cardio mixed with the weights. So in the mixup-we work all groups: legs, buns, thighs, arms,back, and shoulders. Excellent workout! I can't wait to see the results in my dress as the day comes closer. The hardest part is working for something that is a year away.

Hope everyone else is doing well. :sunny:

Hi Jodi!

Sorry I haven't posted to your journal for a few days. We have been very busy.::yes::

I am glad that you have your dress! Woohoo! That is wonderful!:Pinkbounc

I am glad that everything is okay with DF. What a blessing to have a guy who wants to bless you with a surprise gift! I bet those earrings are just perfect!::yes::

I love your cake topper!!!! Too cute!::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :teeth:

Have a great Sunday, Jodi! Keep up the good work!

Tracy:wave2:

Oh my, I am so sore. I worked a group of muscles that I never knew I had yesterday....It's not really a complaint because I am thinking of the end result (next year). I really hope to go down a little bit more in inches by then (I'm never happy with the way I look).

My DF was kind of funny yesterday. I was telling him in the dress, I have back fat that I really want to get rid of by next year (I think a pretty attainable goal) and he looked at me and said "You've got nerve, look at how much I have to lose....I have about 60 pounds to loose." He wasn't saying this like he was mad but he was saying it to illustrate how silly he thought I was. He really is trying to loose weight but I think he isn't going about it the correct way. I've tried so hard to get him to go to a training session with me, but he won't.

Today, I do intend to go to the gym today but not sure what I will be doing today but I will post that once I am done.

Congrats on the dress. When I got married I had so much trouble with the bustle at the reception...some fo the loops broke, so make sure they are all secure.

How do you like having a trainer versus doing on your own....do they push you pretty hard? Keep supporting your dad he does not have these boards to keep him on track. Keep your goals up your doing great

Kristin

Originally posted by KLH 1973
Congrats on the dress. When I got married I had so much trouble with the bustle at the reception...some fo the loops broke, so make sure they are all secure.

How do you like having a trainer versus doing on your own....do they push you pretty hard? Keep supporting your dad he does not have these boards to keep him on track. Keep your goals up your doing great

Kristin
Hi Kristin,

Don't worry I am so into having everything perfect. I will be making sure that everything is very secure in the bustle area. Thank god, I think that is the only thing that I will really have to worry about with my dress.

I did get a little bit of a bargain today when I went to David's Bridal. I found a pocketbook that is a perfect match to my dress on display and I asked if there were any others because I really didn't want the one that had been on display (it had a spot on the bottom from dust). They checked everywhere and couldn't find another- I ended up getting it for 15% off. Woo hoo! I love when things like that happen.

Oh, having a personal trainer just gives me extra guidance more than anything else. They know all the tricks how to slim every area. Once you have been working the same exercises over and over- your muscle get used to it and are no longer challenged- that's when your body levels off. So for the next year and 2 months I will be working with her to assure me even more that I achieve my goals. In addition to helping you with exercise properly, they can also give you guidance to the proper diet. It's great they have done all the research which in a way is work but not half as tough as you actually achieving the goals. ;)

As promised I have put together a list of my goals. Unfortunately, I still didn't have my fat percentage measured and have not taken measurements but none the less here are the goals:

:sunny: Slim lower abs
:sunny: Slim down hip area
:sunny: Strengthen and define back- get rid of that back fat
:sunny: Arms/Triceps
:sunny: Legs, trim the fat and avoid the bulk
:sunny: If possible, trim the stomach and start to see definition (like a six pac formation)

Let's hope that I can accomplish...Whenever possible I will add in pictures. ::yes::

Hi there. Love the cake topper. Congrats on picking up your dress. That is exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter