Jodi's bridal journal (posts welcome) - I'm back!

Have fun trying on that dress. princess: You sound very on track with everything. Good for you.:D

Jodi-
Thanks for sharing your journey with us- it is fun to see you prepare for such a happy event. It must be a blast planning a wedding and a trip to WDW all at once. You said you would have preferred to elope because you don't like beiong the center of attention. You are doing so well with your healthy plan- hopefully that will give you lots of confidence.
You are going to look great!
Mary:sunny:

Originally posted by CheapMom
You said you would have preferred to elope because you don't like beiong the center of attention. You are doing so well with your healthy plan- hopefully that will give you lots of confidence.
You are going to look great!
Mary:sunny:
Hi Cheap Mom and Wilderness....Thanks for keeping up with my journey. :)

Cheap Mom (Mary) You are so right....I wanted to get back into my routine and lose weight so that I might be a little more confident getting up infront of all of those people.I mean in general, I am quite a shy person....sometimes people misunderstand my silence and think that I am a snob :snooty: At my wedding I just want to relax and have fun.

I am hoping that when I go to try on the dress tomorrow they say that I have gone down another size.....I'm not counting on it though- that just wouldn't be fair to myself. Although, my jeans are getting much looser. I think I am almost ready to go down one size and after that I would only have one more size to go. I am so excited at that thought. :rotfl:

Tonight I am going for my walk on the beach, I probably won't update the journal after that....It will just be too late. We are not starting to walk until 9:00, so it will be a little bit cooler.

I will be sure to write after going to the bridal store tomorrow. I will let all of you know how I make out.

Best wishes to all :wizard:

Originally posted by jodistar

Tonight I am going for my walk on the beach, I probably won't update the journal after that....It will just be too late. We are not starting to walk until 9:00, so it will be a little bit cooler.
Last night, I didn't walk on the beach but we did go for a brisk walk for 45 minutes....Not as much as I wanted to get done but at least it is something. :confused3

I think today if I have the time I will dig around for my size 5/6 jeans....7/8's are getting very baggy. I didn't really take notice of that until yesterday. Anyway, hopefully I fit in the 5/6. My goal is my old 3/4 jeans. I know most of you are like that is pretty small but you have to consider that I am 5 "1". If I was taller I would say everyone has a cause for worry.:crazy2:

Wish me luck with the 5/6's! ::scared:

Once I loose the weight that I want, I just want to maintain but also firm up. So I think I have a lot of work yet. The thing that really annoys me is the way that the media (entertainment) view beauty as being a waif model (sorry if the spelling is off- I'm not always the best). You know everytime I go to the bridal shops around here there always seems to be one of those type of people in the shop trying something on at the sametime and they are ever so flawless....What a downer:eek:

My DF is now trying to lose weight too! He has some pretty big goals to achieve before our engagement photos are done in October. I think he is being a bit too tough on himself, I would go for a smaller amount of weight to lose for the pictures, then worry about achieving the bigger goal for the wedding but I don't want to say anything to discourage him. I hope he is able to achieve all of his goals. :thewave:

Everyone have a great day. I will catch up with you tomorrow. :wave:

Originally posted by wilderness01
Have fun trying on that dress. princess: You sound very on track with everything. Good for you.:D
I had so much fun today. Went and got my hair done- I even had my stylist put it up for me.

I went to the bridal store and tried on my dream dress, tiara, and veil. I felt like such a princess. I think this is the dress. The first time I tried it on it felt right and I had tried on many other dresses that day but the only one that totally hit me like this is it, was the one I tried on for the second time today. I think I am going to go for it. I took pictures, I have to get them developed and put on disc and then I will share them all with you.

I ended up buying the tiara today. I figure buy piece by piece in the long run it is the easiest for me. While I was at it, I earned some Disney points (I charged it on my card). I really can't wait to go to Disney again. I just wish I was getting married there!

It is kind of funny when I came out with the dress on today the whole place grew quiet, including the other bride trying on dresses. They all pretty much told me "that is beautiful, that is your dress." I've never ever had that kind of reaction. I know I am going to knock my DF over when I come down the isle next year. I told him before, I just want to see him cry- I really didn't mean it in a mean way; I just want to take his breathe away and I think this will do it. Oh my god, I can't wait to share the picture. :hyper2:

At the hair salon today, I even made an appointment for me and my bridal party for the day of the wedding next year. I have gone to the same shop for years and the owner suggested that I do that because the time fills quickly when weddings come up. Everyone at the salon is very excited for me. This August it will be 6 Years that me and my DF have been together.

Ooh, I am chatting way too much! I am just so happy. Over the next couple of weekends I will try and update my website with pictures and then leave the link on my journal.

Still trying to lose weight so I haven't bothered to order the dress yet but I will probably the end of August. It was at the suggestion at one of the girls at work that when I give my wedding date to the people at the bridal salon I actually give them one or two weeks before the actual wedding (things happen) great idea, I did that today.

I haven't been able to find my 5/6 jeans. I hope I can within the next couple of days.

Tomorrow, is back to the gym for me. Have a great day everyone!:cheer2:

Jodi,
Congratulations on finding your dress!:Pinkbounc The first dress that I tried on was "it" for me too. Plus, it was on sale: an added bonus!:teeth:

Keep up the good work with your exercise and menu choices and those size 3/4 jeans will be yours!

Have a great Sunday, Jodi!

Tracy:wave2:

:wave2: Hi Jodi,
Congrats on finding the perfect dress. I knew mine the first time I tried it on as well. Have a great day :sunny: !

Had a fabulous workout today. Cardio, abs, and Circuit training. I love it when I can have a workout like this but the gym has been so packed lately. I guess, I should go later at night during the week with that I just worry that once I go home for a little while will I really want to go to the gym? I don't really know but I don't think so. ;)

I am looking so forward to this coming Saturday- I have a personal trainer session in the morning and in the afternoon I am going with my bridesmaids to look around and get ideas for their dresses. :scratchin It was kind of funny, last night my DF and I had a conversation about this little trip and he was saying how his sister hoped that I didn't think she was being pushy. I say that it is funny because I did kind of think that she was being pushy at first but it might be helpful to look now. So that they get ideas of what I like and I get a sense of what they are confortable wearing.

My goal by August is to get down to a 8 in the dress size. I am currently at 10 according to the bridal store. Although, I say that I want to get down to an eight by the end of August but my ultimate goal is 6. Don't get me wrong I would be happy with an eight, it is still an accomplishment but I would love to be a six. I talked to the salesperson at the bridal shop and asked how much could they actually tailor the dress? How many sizes. They said up to two dress sizes. So my goal is to order the dress in an 8 at the end of August and then hopefully have the year to work on getting me down one size.

I hope to be brave enough to get a weigh in done at my personal training session on Saturday but we will see...I hate stepping on those things, besides I know that I am gaining in muscle so that is tough to walk in and have gained weight (that happened to me once) although my body fat was down....So they said I should be happy....I'm losing in inches and body fat just not physical weight. Anyone else have that problem?

Last night was a little bit of a cheat night but I don't feel bad about it! I work hard at the gym and going for walks that I don't think one cheat will hurt me....It hasn't in the past. I'm back today and doing well.

Oh, dropped off the film today and they will hopefully be done on Tuesday. I might be able to share with the rest of you by next weekend. :cool1:

Yesterday, I received my order from Disney World. I don't think I shared with the rest of you. I had ordered ornaments from Disney World (Mickey Icon), they are blown glass. The reason I ordered is because my DF and I are trying to get ideas for favors for the wedding. I think we have decided...It was my idea to bring a little of the magic into the reception! ;) Walt would be proud :teeth:Actually, he might be a little scared that I am so obsessed with Disney lol.

Well, I hope everyone has a great start to their week. :wave: Until tomorrow!

Oh happy rainy Monday everyone:umbrella:

Still going strong with my diet. Although, today was a little trying on the patience. At my job I am an administrative floater and the person that I covered for, for the past 3 months came back today. It was just really ackward! I had nothing to do for a good portion of the day. I am just waiting for the next assignment. Until then I just take care of the overflow work which isn't much since it is summer time.

I forgot whose journal I had been reading but one of you were using a pedometer. I thought that that was such a great idea that I mentioned it to my DF and he ended up getting me one over the weekend. I will use it this week when I go walking. Thanks for such a great idea. :worship:

I hope everyone is doing well. :wave2:

Almost forgot to mention. DF and I returned his jar of change this past weekend. He had $50.00 in the jar....We turned that into Disney Dollars~Now we have $175.00 saved in Disney Dollars towards our honeymoonprincess:

Hey, did anyone notice my new clippee. I wish they had size clips like down one size, two sizes, etc. I am the type that doesn't necessarily lose weight but I do go down in size and in inches.

Valerie and Tracy....I am so glad that I am not alone in finding the dress that is "the one" from there first shop. I can't wait to place the order for it in late August.

Later this month we will be putting the deposit on the reception hall. Things are really coming together.

Hey Jodi!
That new clippie looks great!:smooth: You are doing a fantastic job! :Pinkbounc

I'm really glad that things are coming together for you concerning your wedding. Planning a wedding is a lot of fun, but a lot of work! You are doing a great job! ::yes::

Congratulations on the Disney Dollars too! I get my Disney "fix" by going to the Disney store and buying my DDs. The cast members there always think that the Disney Dollars are for the girls and ask them about their trip. The DD are really for me!;) Okay....and my girls, too.:teeth:

Have a great day Jodi!

Originally posted by toystoryduo
Hey Jodi!
That new clippie looks great!:smooth: You are doing a fantastic job! :Pinkbounc
Thanks!

Congratulations on the Disney Dollars too! I get my Disney "fix" by going to the Disney store and buying my DDs. The cast members there always think that the Disney Dollars are for the girls and ask them about their trip. The DD are really for me!;) Okay....and my girls, too.:teeth:
Yeah, It's great to reward yourself with Disney Dollars although I think the castmember think I am a bit strange; like hey lady where's the kid? :p If they only knew it was me and my DF's way of saving for our trip. princess: I can't wait to go again!

Hi Everyone,

Picked up the pictures today. I know that this is the dress for me. I can't wait to order it. I just want to wait until I can get down one size. :hyper:

I was tried to put the photo here but I wasn't having much luck but I promise I will put it up. I guess, I am a little more tired than I thought (usually I am good at figuring this stuff out).

Still going strong with the diet and went to the gym today. Did cardio, circuit training, and abs. The only problem is I did it so late that I just fear that I won't be able to fall asleep....you know how it is when you get the blood flowing.

I still can't wait for this weekend to work with my personal trainer. I have to write down some goals for weight and what I want to firm etc. Then I will tell her how she has until the end of August to whip me into shape (to get into a size 8) and then after that she has one year to get me down one size smaller than that. :teeth: Some of you may read that and not realize that I am a little shorter than 5 "2". So height plays a part in it. That and sometimes I feel as though I am a bit top heavy. That is why I like my dream dress it makes me look smaller.

Well, I hope everyone has had a good day. I think I will try and get some sleep. :angel:

See you tomorrow:wave2:

Jodi- can't wait to see the dress-
Remember- wedding dresses are sized really wacky so don't stress about that. When I got married 10 years ago I was 125 pounds- I am 5'6" and I had to wear a size 12 wedding dress! every other dress I had was a 6 or 8. That was depressing.
Have a great day!
Mary
:D

Jodi, I'm reallly enjoying hearing about your wedding plans! I always laughed when people said "you'll just KNOW which dress is the right one when you try it on". Well, they were right! I got mine off the rack - it was the end of that 'year' and they were clearing out for the next year's styles. It sure was a beautiful dress! I hope you love yours as much as I loved mine! I can't wait to see the pictures!!

Hope your day is filled with :sunny: in spite of the rainy weather!

Originally posted by CheapMom
Jodi- can't wait to see the dress-
Remember- wedding dresses are sized really wacky so don't stress about that. When I got married 10 years ago I was 125 pounds- I am 5'6" and I had to wear a size 12 wedding dress! every other dress I had was a 6 or 8. That was depressing.
Have a great day!
Mary
:D
I know, I really hate that. It kind of gets you a little down but I want to see if I can't get down one more size- If I do that it will be an accomplishment and I wouldn't be able to beat myself up too much!

It's kind of funny the bridal store had even warned me that dress sizes run small so they will be approximately two sizes bigger than what you normally take. :earseek: I think that they were afraid that I would break down and cry if I wasn't a certain size....I actually went in there thinking I was going to be much bigger so I was really surprised....Pleasantly! ;)

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I didn't get a chance to check other journals yet. I will hopefully get to that at one point tonight.

I am going to update my website tonight....I'm not all that sure how long it will take me but I hope to have some of the pictures up for all of you. It gives me another reason to update the site. My work wanted me to update the site as well, so they know my style. I was hired as a backup for some of the web people (incase of vacation, pregnancy leave, etc.).

Things are still going well with the diet. If anything, I haven't been that hungry anyway. Don't know why, I just feel really drained of energy lately. I thought once I got back into my routine and took vitamins etc. I would feel better. I guess I will have to schedule a check up at some point.

Work went so well today. I met with my manager and we made up my goals for the rest of the year. She wants me to do all creative/technical things which is fine by me- I love it. I just hope that I can achieve all the goals set for me. They judge if you do all the goals and how well you perform on whether or not you get a raise or not. I could really use the extra cash- I just got done paying off my father's funeral last week (it took me a year to pay off). Now, I have to work at tackling the bills that I have made since being in school. I'm not that bad off (at least I don't think so!).

If I should get my website up. I will post the link later tonight.

Have a fabulous evening everyone and thank you so much for the excellent support. :tongue:
:wave:
I'm off to update my website.:bounce:

Wow, did today ever go by fast. Lots to do at work, got home went to dinner with DF and then looked around in a couple of craft stores....from there straight to the gym. We spent two hours there. He is braver than I, he stepped on the scale and he already lost 8 pounds. :bounce:

Like I said I want to lose weight but my ulimate goals is to firm up, slim down and lose inches. I will say that I always feel like I don't look my best and I feel fat but I am working through that and now that I am working out....I am starting to feel better about myself. It's tough for me though, I was always the chubby little kid going up and the awkward chubby kid in High School etc., well, after spending that long being the chubby kid...that is kind of all that you see in yourself, does that make sense? :confused:

Diet is still going well. I can't wait to meet with my personal trainer this Saturday. I hope that we can focus on those parts that I don't really like on my body. I have pictures to prove it.

My mother says she is starting to worry about me...Thinking that I have an eating disorder (I don't....I assure you I eat every meal....they are balanced). ::yes::

I haven't heard from my walking partner, so I guess that I will probably go to the gym with my DF...It was fun tonight. We both did cardio and circuit training...we spent nearly two hours there....We both just lost track of time. :eek:

Well, I really should get to bed or else I will never get up in the morning. All the best to all of you. :angel: :cat:

Jodi,
I love your dress!!!!! It is beautiful! :Pinkbounc Girl, you are going to look like a princess: on your wedding day! When your DF sees you....:earseek: WOW!!!! . :teeth:

Have a wonderful day today, Jodi!:sunny:

Jodi,
I love your dress!!!!! It is beautiful! :Pinkbounc Girl, you are going to look like a princess: on your wedding day! When your DF sees you....:earseek: WOW!!!! . :teeth:

Have a wonderful day today, Jodi!:sunny:

Thanks Tracy....What a great compliment!

Note to others- I did have my photo up but was concerned about the size of the photo.....So I am currently trying to get the picture up again. Hopefully, I will be able to do that soon! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter