Jodi Arias Trial Part 7 GUILTY 1ST DEGREE!!!

How long will the jury deliberate in the GUILT phase? VOTES ARE PUBLIC.

• Up to 4 hours

• 4 - 8 hours

• 8 - 12 hours

• 12 - 16 hours

• 16 - 20 hours

• 20 - 24 hours

• 24 - 36 hours

• 36 - 40 hours

• Over 40 hours

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
VERDICT: Count 1: 1st degree - GUILTY - 5 premeditated, 0 felony, 7 both premeditated-felony

Per Beth Karas, what to expect with closing arguments and deliberations

Thursday and Friday, May 2nd and 3rd, Closing arguments.

Jodi Arias Murder Trial, First Thread
Jodi Arias Murder Trial, Second Thread
Jodi Arias Murder Trial, Third Thread
Jodi Arias Murder Trial, Fourth Thread
Jodi Arias Murder Trial, Fifth Thread
Jodi Arias Murder Trial, Sixth Thread

Livestreaming
links
:
KPHO
ABC15
AZcentral

Per Beth Karas, as interviewed by JVM (May 2, before court):

"MANSLAUGHTER BY HEAT OF PASSION WILL BE INCLUDED.

The judge will give instructions on pre-meditated and the alternative theory of felony murder; she will then tell the jury there are two lesser included charges to premeditated murder (not felony) and that's 2nd degree murder and manslaughter that the DT asked for and got...the sudden quarrel or heat of passion (a low level homicide which carries 7 - 21 years)."

JODI ARIAS SENTENCING SCENARIOS

Capital Case Sentencing Instructions, per the AZ Bar

If guilty of 1st degree murder

• we go into an aggravation phase (was the death caused in a cruel manner, did she know Travis would suffer)...the jury will deliberate a second time.
  • jury decides life or death. If they find it was not cruel, they'd vote not guilty and the sentence would be life.
  • if life, judge sets sentencing for 30 - 60 days; JUDGE will decide if she'll ever be eligible for parole...either LWOP or life and eligible for parole in about 25 years.
  • if death (Jodi knew Travis would suffer), then we go into the sentencing phase...the DT would ask for leniency, the jury would deliberate a third time, then she will be sentenced immediately to death (sentenced immediately, not executed immediately). The jury COULD deadlock at this phase, there'd be a mistrial for that phase and there'd be a new jury for that phase only.

If guilty of 2nd degree murder

• the judge sentences her, to no less than 10 and no more than 22 years. JA would get credit for time served...4 1/2+ years. If the judge sentences on the lighter end, she could be out when she's 40.

Per Jingasaurus on HLN:
"I think even manslaughter may go to the jury. It's never used here I understand but there is a heat of passion manslaughter. So I think one question is will the defense ask for that and will the judge give that."

Arizona Department of Corrections...all sorts of info, including Inmate Info

The Twelves Jurors Chosen to Deliberate

Willie calls Dr DeMarte a *****?

Humorous Trial Blogs, March 2013
Humorous Trial Blogs, April 2013

The Tragic Road Trip

BearcatsFan's List of Juror Questions for Jodi (liar/murderer/defendant)
BearcatsFan's List of Juror Questions for Richard Samuels (defense PTSD "expert")
BearcatsFan's List of Juror Questions for Alyce Laviolette (defense DV "expert")
BearcatsFan's List of Juror Questions for Janeen DeMarte (prosecution expert psychologist)
BearcatsFan's "List" of Juror "Question" for Amanda Webb (Walmart employee)
BearcatsFan's List of Juror Questions for Deanna Reid (Travis' former girlfriend)
Uncle Remus filling in for BearcatsFan's List of Juror Questions for Michael Melendez (computer forensics)
BearcatsFan's List of Juror Questions for Det Esteban Flores (in rebuttal)
BearcatsFan's List of Juror Questions for Dr Kevin Horn (ME, in rebuttal)
BearcatsFan's List of Juror Questions for Dr Robert Geffner (defense expert, AKA "The Burper")
MaryAnnDVC's List of Juror Questions for Dr Kevin Horn (ME, in sur surrebuttal)
BearcatsFan's List of Juror Questions for Dr Kevin Horn (ME, in aggravation phase)

Courtesy of T-Man:
Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure

History of Jodi's defense counsel

Follow the Murderer on Twitter

Jodi's attempt to get a plea deal.

Timeline of Important Dates
Per Uncle Remus: "I posted that link further back in the thread somewhere and it's generally pretty good with the exception of this:
September 2006 Travis Alexander met Jodi Arias at a conference in Las Vegas. At the time, Alexander was a 30-year-old motivational speaker and legal-insurance salesman. Arias, then 28, was living in Yreka, Calif., and was trying to make it as a saleswoman and an independent photographer.
Jodi wasn't living in Yreka when she met Travis, she was living with Darryl Brewer in Palm Desert, CA, in the house she and Darryl bought together. Darryl testified to this earlier in the trial."

All sorts of info, courtesy of Uncle Remus:
Det Flores Investigation Report
Medical Examiner's Autopsy Report
Various Court Documents...includes Indictment, State Charges, Evidence Processed, Motions
Capital Punishment in AZ
AZ Capital Case Sentence Hearing Instructions
Crime Scene and Trial Photos at the bottom of this article.

Jodi's reflection in Travis' eye??
eztv_58_hd_ird_cnnc_hd_rx558_2013-04-15_13h34m21s_0.png

48 Hours: Picture Perfect...the whole show on youtube, thanks to PebblesMK.

Per Uncle Remus:
Uploads of the trial testimony.
croakerqueen123
tawnidilly

Crime Scene Floor Plan, in pieces

screen_shot_2013-01-02_at_2.39.24_pm.jpg

screen_shot_2013-01-02_at_2.40.25_pm.jpg

screen_shot_2013-01-02_at_2.42.45_pm.jpg

Part 7. :faint: Unbelievable!

Thanks Mare for doing this for us! :flower3: :worship: :goodvibes

Thank You Mare! You are awesome!!

I left you a response on the other thread.

But here is a thought for everyone. Why would you take a picture of your hurt finger at work? For evidence you injured it? But you wouldn't keep records of abuse or broken finger?

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial 2m
We should be treated to juror instructions before Juan starts his closing arguments. Counsel is still in chambers.

So much for starting promptly at 9:30 AZ time

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial 2m
We should be treated to juror instructions before Juan starts his closing arguments. Counsel is still in chambers.

So much for starting promptly at 9:30 AZ time

Counsel in chambers??
What is Nurmi motioning for today????

Poll??? Will we eat up this thread just on jury instructions and closing arguments, or will we get to deliberations? :confused3 Or should we do "how long will they deliberate (in 3 or 4 hour increments, up to...?) and then if we get to the next thread (which I think we will) should that poll be the guilty/acquittal options?

Woohoo home just in time... and of course my PC miraculously fixed itself while I was gone :thumbsup2

Think Im gonna make dinner now while we're waiting and put it up for later

Poll??? Will we eat up this thread just on jury instructions and closing arguments, or will we get to deliberations? :confused3 Or should we do "how long will they deliberate (in 3 or 4 hour increments, up to...?) and then if we get to the next thread (which I think we will) should that poll be the guilty/acquittal options?

I think how long will jury deliberate work.

Hi Everyone! I am off today and tomorrow from work so I am hoping to be able to contribute to the thread in real time which is a nice change of pace.

Holy Cow last night's testimony went on forever especially for those us of who are limited to watching HLN. I hope the jurors and JM are rested and ready to go!! Justice for Travis!

Wow 7 threads, this has to be a DIS record. Thanks Mare!!

Because I am computer challenged, can one of you savvy people put up a dessert bar for some of us????

I need sugar to get thru this........... Thank you in advance;)

Woohoo home just in time... and of course my PC miraculously fixed itself while I was gone :thumbsup2

Think Im gonna make dinner now while we're waiting and put it up for later

Glad your computer is fixed! Whatcha making for dinner? I've had dinner cooking for about 3 hours now.

Jean Casarez just reported that it's been 80 years since Phoenix has sequestered a jury and the old court house had sequestration dormitories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter