• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Job relocation opportunity - which city would you choose?

Which city would you choose?

• Boise ID

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colorado Springs CO

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Grand Junction CO

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Eugene OR

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Phoenix/Glendale AZ

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Tucson AZ

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Rockville MD

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
We are empty nesters in our early 50s. DH loves to mountain bike.

I don't know much about most of those cities, so a lot of research would be forthcoming, but I've heard great things about Colorado Springs.

Eugene Oregon would be my vote. The AZ cities would be too, too hot in the summer time. I find Colorado to be too "dry" for my tastes (altitude makes for low humidity levels which I don't find enjoyable). Eugene is a beautiful city with a great climate. Not too hot. Not too cold (although they can get snow in the winter, it's pretty rare). Perfect level of humidity. Not too big a city. Not too small of a city. Just right.

I like them all except MD ;)
More research for sure. ID can have rough winters.
Eugene is nice.
I live in AZ, so like Phoenix and Tucson too.

Which city would "I " choose none. But for you, ITA any CO.

I would avoid OR since it has a personal income tax. I know the state is sales tax free, but it has one of the highest income tax rates in the nation.

I picked either Colorado location. Not familiar with which city is better, but have heard many great things about Colorado.

I work in Rockville, MD (but live in VA) and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. MD has a high cost of living, being in the DC metro area. Lots of traffic. There are areas to mountain bike but maybe not as accessible as some of the other options. It certainly is a good location for those who like culture, museums, good schools, city life nearby. If I were an empty nester in my 50’s I might consider a warmer climate where I could retire without relocating.

I love the Pacific Northwest so I'd pick Eugene, OR.

I enjoy CO, but I really only know Denver.

Grew up in Scottsdale, AZ but boy it has changed A LOT since I left in 1997 (it's really become a mini L.A. to me) so I personally wouldn't return. Tucson still seems more laid back however.

Happiness is all what you make it though. Good luck if you decide a new adventure!

I would avoid OR since it has a personal income tax. I know the state is sales tax free, but it has one of the highest income tax rates in the nation.

along the same lines-Idaho taxes items that are not traditionally taxed in other states, most notably-food. it may not seem like a big deal, but when you think about the average person/family-groceries are a significant portion of their monthly expenses so having to pay at minimum a 6% sales tax on that expense adds up pretty quickly. we live near the Washington/Idaho border, and to say that the Wal-Mart, Costco, Target and other food stores near our state line are somewhat frequented by Idaho residents is a gross misunderstatement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter