• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Job Interview Nerves

nocomment711

Ces Soirees-La
Hey guys.

I'm in need of some pixie dust. Back in May I lost my job due to failure on a practical exam. Now I have a job interview in the same field (down in Orlando), and I'm super nervous that I'm going to say or do something that's going to mess this up.

Interview tips would be great as well as some pixie dust.

Thanks for reading.

Calm down
On the failing of the practical exam, can you explain how you have improved since then? Don't focus on the negatives. And think before you speak!

Good luck!

This is a tip I usually give my employees. Find two - three things work related that are impressive / you are most proud of. Identify the key details, and quantify whenever possible. During the interview, find a way to incorporate these events into some of your answers, even if it takes you a bit off topic. Practice doesn't hurt either.

This is a tip I usually give my employees. Find two - three things work related that are impressive / you are most proud of. Identify the key details, and quantify whenever possible. During the interview, find a way to incorporate these events into some of your answers, even if it takes you a bit off topic. Practice doesn't hurt either.

Ditto and double ditto about the practice.
Remember, this is really one of the very rare times that someone will ask you to tell them about yourself where they actually want to listen to your answer.
You need to sell yourself, not brag but be confident.
Let us know how it goes and good luck. Walk in knowing you wil get the job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter