job at disney?

tinkfan4ever

Mouseketeer
I was thinking it might be fun to get a part time job at disney, maybe downtown disney retail. How do you find out about jobs there and where do you go to apply?

Disney Casting is right across the street from Downtown Disney. I've never worked there - but, I bet it would be just like almost any other high-paced job. Sure, you will be surrounded by Disney atmosphere and for some - that may make it fun. We asked a young lady working at Pecos Bill's yesterday if she enjoys her job and she said "YES - I love being surrounded by Disney."

Some cast members clearly look very miserable, too. Just depends on one's personality and circumstances for working there, I suppose. While I think a retail job in one of the park stores would be fun, I think I might also grow to resent the fact that I'm stuck working and am not passing through on my way to another attraction. Getting in & out of the workplace has got to be difficult for some employees, too. Parking so far away has got to get old, fast!

If you're looking for something like that, your best bet is to stop by casting or call the jobline (407) 828-1000 Monday through Friday, 8-8. If you call the Jobline, even when they're closed, there's a message that runs through some of the jobs they're currently hiring for, so you can get an idea where the big need is, but they're pretty much constantly hiring for entry level type jobs (retail, attactions, quick service, etc)

Most of the jobs posted on disneycareers.com are administrative, management, etc - they don't usually post openings for retail and such unless there's a huge need (they always post Magical Express openings, Photopass photographers, etc - must be a pretty big need for them)

First of all, for a part time job here you have to be living down here.

Normally to become a Casual Temporary (CT) you have to have worked here regularly. This means if you are in a "snowbird" situation (several months during fall/winter/spring) or college program. Once you have CT status, you would be expected to let them know of at least two days availability during each subsequent trip you have down here.

To be Regular Part Time you have to have availability at least two days a week but can specify which days. As RPT you can also let the schedulers no (at least three weeks ahead of time) of dates which you will not be available so they will not schedule you for those days.

Calling Casting during regular business hours will get you the best information.

This got me thinking: what neighborhood do most of the cast members reside in? There is nothing but hotel chains and restaurants surrounding the parks, so I imagine it is a long commute even for those who live near WDW. Also, I heard there's this thing call the Disney Cast Bus. Anyone know what that's about?

bunnywabbit! said:
This got me thinking: what neighborhood do most of the cast members reside in? There is nothing but hotel chains and restaurants surrounding the parks, so I imagine it is a long commute even for those who live near WDW. Also, I heard there's this thing call the Disney Cast Bus. Anyone know what that's about?

CMs I worked with live all over Orlando. A lot live in Kissimmee, there are a TON of apartments along 535, a ton on the roads on the other side of Disney. You'd be suprised at how many residential areas are hidden behind the hotels and strip malls.

The only cast bus I know of is for the college program. They have buses that run to the anywhere students need to get to work (and also make stops so students can shop offsite - get their groceries and stuff) so that they don't have to have a car while doing their program. Might be another bus, but those are the only ones I'm aware of.

I just checked out disneycareers, and it looks like it has been neglected a little.

Just thought this thread was interesting and am currently in my second year in Law School (evening program though), so I was interested in what positions Disney offered, although I think it is totally unrealistic, but it is fun to investigate anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter