Joanne and Paul's VR - 4th May 2011

So the first day we are in WDW we will have a relaxing day and try to recover from the 9 hour flight!!
I think we may have a day at one of the water parks (probably Blizzard Beach)
In the evening, we are planning a 'get together' dinner. This is where I need your help!!
I orginally thought of Raglan Road for our dinner but I am not sure how 'noisy and busy' it will be. I have three over 70s in my party and think they would prefer somewhere quietish. Has anybody any ideas where we could eat? Unfortuately, the place we eat must fit the following criteria:-
It must be quietish
It must be waiter service - no buffet (DMIL - 'When I go on holiday, I expect to be waited upon and not have to serve myself' :rolleyes:)
It must not be in any of the parks as some of my guests will not be getting their their park passes until after the VR on the Wednesday (long story)

If anybody has any ideas which fit these criteria and is really nice, I would be so grateful!!!

I like the damask around the tags. But then I am a big fan of damask so I may be biased. I do think that either way is really nice.

Okay I need some honest opinions from you girls - I know I can trust you!!
I have been tweeking my welcome bag and luggage tags a bit and want to know what you think. Do you prefer them as they were originally posted or with the addition of the damask surround (below)?

Damasktags.jpg

I like the first one more than the second one. The border around the first image adds to it, I think. In the second image, I think maybe Donald gets lost in all the scrollwork.

All of the ideas are amazing. You are so organized and creative! Love reading all of your plans!

I don't think you should add the border, I think it distracts you from the image.

I'll have a think about a restaurant.

I like the damask around the tags. But then I am a big fan of damask so I may be biased. I do think that either way is really nice.

I like the first one more than the second one. The border around the first image adds to it, I think. In the second image, I think maybe Donald gets lost in all the scrollwork.

All of the ideas are amazing. You are so organized and creative! Love reading all of your plans!

I don't think you should add the border, I think it distracts you from the image.

I'll have a think about a restaurant.

Thanks girls!!! Your opinions are much appreciated.
Claire - I would be so grateful if you have any ideas about which restaurant we should eat in that first night.

Claire - I would be so grateful if you have any ideas about which restaurant we should eat in that first night.

How fancy a restaurant do you want? If you want somewhere relaxed my first thought is the Grand Floridian Cafe, I've not been so can't comment on the food, but I would think the over 70's would enjoy the hotel, and you can have a drink in Mizners lounge as well and listen to the musicians.

Thanks Claire
I must admit that The Grand Floridian Cafe had crossed my mind too. My VR reception, however, is at Citricos with a cocktail hour beforehand at Mizner's and I kind of feel it might lessen the impact of this if we have been there previously. Am I being silly?
Any other ideas?

Thanks Claire
I must admit that The Grand Floridian Cafe had crossed my mind too. My VR reception, however, is at Citricos woth a cocktail hour beforehand at Mizner's and I kind of feel it might lessen the impact of this if we have been there previously. Am I being silly?
Any other ideas?

No that's normal I wouldn't do that either, i'd forgotten that when I was thinking, let me think again.

Again i've not been but what about Sanaa at Kidani Village, that way they'd get to see the beautiful AKL and there is a nice bar there as well, Victoria Falls, or do you think the menu wouldn't suite the older folks?

Along the same lines what about Artist Point at WL, they have the Territory Lounge.

Claire sweetie
Great minds must think alike!!! I was actually thinking about Artists point myself!! I had not thought about Sanaa though. I must check out both menus. Thanks so much for your help!!

I agree :goodvibes

Thanks so much for all your help girls!!!
I think we will stay with the tags with the plain black border.
Also, I am seriously thinking of having the 'get together' dinner at 'The Turf Club' at Saratoga Springs. Has anybody eaten there? Thoughts?
I love the menu at 'Artists Point' but it is quite pricey. I think Sanaa is out due to the menu choices (I love the sound of them but I think the oldies would struggle with it :thumbsup2)
Thanks for any advice you acan give!!!

So on the day before the VR we are having a couple of events.
The boys are doing 'Grub 'n' Golf. They will be having lunch at 'The Dolphin Fountain' (with no doubt a couple of beers!!!) and then playing the fairways course at Fantasia Gardens.
We are doing small favour bags for all the men containing a cap, a pen with the 'Grub 'n' Golf Donald logo printed on it (thank heavens for Vistaprint :thumbsup2) and a tin of mints with the Donald logo. I might think of some other things to add to these bags before the actual day.
Here's the invitation

gandginvitenewsize.jpg

An example of the favour bag tags

GandGtagsnewsize.jpg

And the cap going in the bags

anothercap.jpg

The ladies will be going for afternoon tea at the Garden View Tearoom at the GF. The dress code will be pretty and feminine and hats and facinators will be encouraged!!! :goodvibes
When I was thinking about a theme for my tea, I realised that, besides Disney (obviously!!) one of my happiest childhood memories was of the times when my Dad would read 'Alice in Wonderland' to my brother and I at bedtime, a chapter a night. This was not the Disney version, but the original Lewis Caroll story with the old black and white illustrations. I decided, to honour that memory, the theme of my tea would be the original version of 'Alice in Wonderland'
Here is the invitation. I originally wanted to do this on old-looking parchment paper, but they looked much better on a cream background

teainvite9th.jpg

The favour bags for this will have to be given out in the lobby of the GF, as the Garden View tearoom does not allow gift-giving

An example of the favour bag tags

letstryagain.jpg

The favour bags will contain, a copy of the original story, an 'Eat me bag' containing a box of these chocolates

d37.jpg

A 'Drink me bag' containing Whitards teabags, a teabag squeezer, and an Alice teaspoon for some and hot chocolate mix, a mini whisk, marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles for the girls who are not so into tea!!
Tags for these bags

eatanddrink9th.jpg

The bags will also contain a teatowel

getimage.jpg

The little princess who is attending the tea will be given a Disney 'Alice in Wonderland' book and an Alice doll

412026709438.jpg

I am so looking forward to the tea with all the girls!!!

Next up... plans for the big day!!!

I LOVE all of your tea favors and designs!!!:goodvibes

I've heard that the Turf Club is pretty good! I've also heard good things about Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West & Kouzzina on the Boardwalk!

I LOVE all of your tea favors and designs!!!:goodvibes

I've heard that the Turf Club is pretty good! I've also heard good things about Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West & Kouzzina on the Boardwalk!

I love all of your ideas!!! Everything looks great!!

Thanks girls. I think (hope!!!) both events will be such fun!!
Minniebride - Thanks for the ideas - I will check them out, although I think that Kouzzina is out due to the 'mediterrranean' menu. We would love it, but we have some very fussy oldies in the party and it is all I can do to pursuade them to go anywhere but the Harry Ramsden's fish and chip shop in Epcot - such boring eaters!!! I will check out Olivias though!!
I figured that the Turf club might be good as afterwards those who were tired could get a taxi back to their resort and those who wanted to carry on, could walk the path to DTD. :thumbsup2

Claire sweetie
You are most welcome if you can make it!!!
It would be an honour to have you there!!

All your plans sound fantastic Joanne, a love how you described cricket 'strange english game' :rotfl:
Your logo is fantastic, love the idea of putting it on the gifts bags and also all the labels and tags you have designed.

How nice you you to use your points for all your guests first 5 nights, any chance of getting another guests so you aren't stuck with 13 :goodvibes i'm sure it won't be unlucky for you.
I hope you have enough in your budget for that dessert party :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter