JITA with Hollywood & Vine 8am res - July 4 - Will this work?

micheledb49

Earning My Ears
I made an 8am Hollywood & Vine res on July 4th. DHS opens at 9. Will the JITA sign up be open at 8am or will we need to make sure to leave breakfast by 8:40 to head over there. We are pretty much just doing this breakfast to get in early for JITA and are okay with leaving before we see all of the characters.

thanks!

They won't be signing up before park opening. I have never eaten at Hollywood and Vine, but I'll give the same advice as I do for Crystal Palace. When you order your drinks, ask for your check. At Crystal Palace the servers can get busy filling drinks and clearing dishes and not notice that you want to leave. Remember to take your child with you.

It appears that under the current sign up rules, you do get a benefit by eating at Hollywood and Vine. I saw this blurb in an easywdw post;

"Disney changes how they sign kids up somewhat frequently. At the moment, they are letting those with early Hollywood & Vine breakfast reservations sign up before breakfast, which is potentially another benefit of an early morning."

As of February, when we were last there, they were still allowing signups at 8:00am solely for pre-park ADR guests. We had an 8:05 at Hollywood and Vine and signed up before breakfast with no issues.

From what I'm reading (and hoping, since we are gearing up for the same strategy for May), this hadn't changed. Good luck!

In early April we did not have a PPO reservation but were let in for Jedi Training sign-ups at 8:20 when the park opened at 9. Every show except the first 2 were available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter