• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Rest.

cmatt

islandman wanna be jimmy buffett is my hero
Do I need to pay a gate fee to eat at the resturant ?

best transportation from either wdw contemporary or from orlando airport marriott

thanks cmatt

While I was in WDW my BF and I went there by taxi cab. We didnt have a car with us. The taxi was about $30-$40!!

No, you dont have to pay to get in. It was nice there, it has constant videos of Buffett playing, and a big volcano in the corner that "erupts"! In the bathrooms, people write all over the walls to leave the mark that they were there! Check out the gift shop too. The food is pretty good. My BF, a real Parrothead ,was in heaven there!

I had reservations at 8pm and I didn't have to pay to park. I am not sure about transportation becuse I has a rental car. I had the crab cakes, they were to dye for, hardly any filler at all, mostly crab meat then of course I got a rasberry Margeritta, make sure if you are of age you try one, best drink I have ad like that in a long long time, it was perfect

I'am also a parrothead die hard islandman wanna be :bounce:

is it by the city walk or out side of the studios ?

did you have PS before you went ? thanks goofy girl

you better believe I'am going to try several of those rasberry margaritas and love crab cakes , cant wait

2000 didnt go to his place in the big ez

2002 didnt get to his place at key west

2003 going to make it at orlando thanks cmatt

we are comming a day early to orlando airport hotel
says its 8.5 miles away 16 min. thats why I thought the hotel might shuttle one way ?

:bounce: :bounce:

Margaritaville is in City Walk. You can park in the Universal Studios parking garage, it is free after 6pm. You take a bunch of moving sidewalks from the parking garage and follow the signs to City Walk. You can't miss it.

All of City Walk is free as well. I think you have to walk through City Walk to get into either of the parks.

Enjoy! I had the Cheeseburger in Paradise in Key West. What a cool place!

cmatt...call Margaritaville Orlando...407-224-2559 there is an Office Administrator there named Melissa...she is OUTSTANDING! This girl went above and beyond for us last July, and I never did get the chance to meet her, but she may remember my username as she commented on it. I could have spent my entire trip at JB'S. I am sure Melissa can give you the best/current info you need. If you can swing it, book a night at the Royal Pacific Resort on the Ent. card, it is a 5 minute walk along the waterway from resort to citiwalk. We got the resort for $99 last July 4th...it is beautiful there! I am rambling, I know...Margaritaville is smack dab in the middle of both US and IOA. It is right B4 the bridge over to IOA. As JustHolly said, you can't miss it...well, I miss it, I wanna go back, I would REALLY try for RPR if you are coming in a day early...have a great time...FINS UP! (don't forget to take your camera!)
Pam

Like someone else said be sure to visit the gift shop. They had lots of stuff for parrotheads but I settled for a shot glass and that missing salt shaker. ;)

We had great food too and it was quiet during lunch when we visited. Enjoy!

We got to citiwalk by shuttle bus from DW, we called and got reservations the day before we went. Info at any DW resort will give you the number, I believe the roundtrip fare was about 6.00 apiece, not bad! We ate at Margaritaville without ressies, just walked in, food was good, no cover charge.

The gift shop was awesome. We got tee's, license plate, and flip flops (blew out our last pair LOL). Have fun.

We just ate there a few weeks ago - OUTSTANDING!!! Our waitress was awesome and they had a girl walking around on stilts making balloon hats for the kids. As mentioned they have a volcano that errupts which is very cool. The fajitas were incredible!! My dh liked it so much he went out and bought the Jimmy Buffet's greatest hits CD. We did get there after 6:00 and the parking was free. City Walk is a great place to go too. Have Fun!!!

Originally posted by FINFAN
cmatt...call Margaritaville Orlando...407-224-2559 there is an Office Administrator there named Melissa...she is OUTSTANDING! This girl went above and beyond for us last July, and I never did get the chance to meet her, but she may remember my username as she commented on it. I could have spent my entire trip at JB'S. I am sure Melissa can give you the best/current info you need. If you can swing it, book a night at the Royal Pacific Resort on the Ent. card, it is a 5 minute walk along the waterway from resort to citiwalk. We got the resort for $99 last July 4th...it is beautiful there! I am rambling, I know...Margaritaville is smack dab in the middle of both US and IOA. It is right B4 the bridge over to IOA. As JustHolly said, you can't miss it...well, I miss it, I wanna go back, I would REALLY try for RPR if you are coming in a day early...have a great time...FINS UP! (don't forget to take your camera!)
Pam

So, will any of you Parrotheads be at MOTM? Woohoo... just got all my ressies finalized.... KW followed by WDW! Life is good! ;)

Originally posted by goofygirl
Yes it was!!

Did you catch JB on the Today Show on Friday?

If you want to see some great pics from the Today Show, go over to: http://www.buffettfan.net/gallery/album46 Many of those were taken by a friend of mine who was in the VIP section. There are even more if you join Amy Lee's Yahoo group. Details and links at Buffett News. ;)
Alpine, as usual, was amazing! Can't wait for Tinley Park in Aug... and I'm goin' to Las Vegas in Sept.... then KeyWest/WDW in Oct/Nov!!!! Wooohoooo!!!! :) To top it off, we have Peter Mayer & Co. doing a free show here in just a couple weeks. Life is definately good! :sunny:

If you are just making a trip one evening from WDW you may want to call ahead. We had a corporate event a few months ago, and had half of Citywalk reserved/blocked off. (Margaritaville on back, that whole section) I saw a lot of people at the ropes who were very angry at not being able to get to some of the restaurants, but they were reserved exclusively for the event from I think it was 6 pm to 11 pm. Not sure how frequently something like that happens, it was great fun though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter