Jim Shore Disney figurines

wendow

We create happiness.
Does anyone collect these? I have some other Jim Shore items but I love his Disney stuff and would like to find the best place to buy it from so that I can slowly begin collecting? Does anyone know? Thanks!

Hello! Love Jim Shore! I have the Princess Sonata collection.

tumblr_lqfvzfjNqK1qdfv3oo1_500.jpg

(These)

Along with a few more of Belle, as she is my favorite princess. I'm not much of a collector, so I'm not really sure how many more (if any) I will purchase, but my suggestion to you is to first check on the Jim Shore website to see how much they are selling any piece for. After that, look to Hallmark stores (not online, in store) as they sell them several months after they are released on the Jim Shore website for less money, and without the trouble or cost of shipping. If you are still finding them at outrageous prices (generally $50+ for mid sized) look to ebay. Be careful to read over descriptions of the item, and the seller's policy. If it sounds sketchy, it is.

Truth be told, it's not hard at all to find what you are looking for. Just be patient and wait to buy it until you can get the best price.

Have fun!!

Ebay usually has some pretty good deals on the figurines. Also, I'm not sure if you have American Greetings stores where you live but sometimes I can catch them when (usually around the holidays) they have them on sale plus buy one get one 50%.

I've bought all mine either in the parks or at Hallmark. My husband just got me a few for mother's day from Amazon. I have no idea how much he paid for those..:scared:

There are a couple of Jim Shore figurines on Disney Movie Rewards - one Mickey, one Donald. Each one is 1500 points. I have one I got from DMR several years ago - Mickey waving a flag in front of the Statue of Liberty.

Thank you everyone for the ideas of where to look! I had no idea that hallmark stores sold them. I saw the Mickey one on the DMR and I may get it just to start off my collection. Where are they sold in the parks? I have never seen them!

Thank you! I'll check it out when we are there in December.

Be careful to read over descriptions of the item, and the seller's policy. If it sounds sketchy, it is.

I have found a couple on eBay. What sort of sketchy things do I need to be concerned about? Thanks!

They have TONS at every Hallmark store I have been to so check those out :) When at WDW I get them at World of Disney!

My mom and I both collect them. We typically buy them from Hallmark or Amazon. We price shop to make sure we're getting the cheapest price on a piece before we buy it- some Amazon sellers have good prices, and we're prime members, so free shipping is always a plus for us.

wendow said:
I have found a couple on eBay. What sort of sketchy things do I need to be concerned about? Thanks!

Sorry, just now checked back.

If they appear to be selling them in mass quantities, that's not a good sign. Ebay will tell you how many of the item they have sold, and how many they have left. There are tons of people who buy Disney things and resell them, but not generally in horribly mass quantities. Anything above a total of 7, you should be wary of. There is a chance they are cheap duplicates.

I would also recommend not buying any that offer free shipping from China.

If the seller does not allow refunds, there is a high chance something is wrong with the item. They may or may not disclose it, but as a general rule, it's just wise to keep away from anyone unwilling to take an item back. You never know how you may feel when you get it. I've returned several Belle's because their faces just weren't doing it for me.

If you have any allergies, reputable sellers should warn you of allergens from their home. If you have any concerns, directly message them.

And, maybe it goes without saying, but always check the sellers reviews. And by, checking them, I mean making sure there are more positive than negative, and looking into the negative to find out exactly what the problem was.

My local Hallmark store in the mall always has Disney Jim Shore stuff. You may also want to check out QVC. He's on there from time to time.

Sorry, just now checked back.

If they appear to be selling them in mass quantities, that's not a good sign. Ebay will tell you how many of the item they have sold, and how many they have left. There are tons of people who buy Disney things and resell them, but not generally in horribly mass quantities. Anything above a total of 7, you should be wary of. There is a chance they are cheap duplicates.

I would also recommend not buying any that offer free shipping from China.

If the seller does not allow refunds, there is a high chance something is wrong with the item. They may or may not disclose it, but as a general rule, it's just wise to keep away from anyone unwilling to take an item back. You never know how you may feel when you get it. I've returned several Belle's because their faces just weren't doing it for me.

If you have any allergies, reputable sellers should warn you of allergens from their home. If you have any concerns, directly message them.

And, maybe it goes without saying, but always check the sellers reviews. And by, checking them, I mean making sure there are more positive than negative, and looking into the negative to find out exactly what the problem was.

Thanks! I don't buy much from eBay so I would not think to check all this or be aware of certain things :)

I work at a Hallmark store and we carry them. If you have a Hallmark Crown Card and an associated email address, you are always getting coupons or Reward dollars which can be used to purchase them.

Hallmark corporate stores are currently running a special promotion of an additional 50% off sale items. The sale just started today. The two stores that I visited had a couple of Jim Shore Disney pieces in the sale. I bought a Jiminy Cricket Wish figure for $7.50. I also saw a reclining Mickey figure.
There were also several Precious Moments Disney figures in the sale including a Jiminy Cricket and a Buzz Lightyear snowglobe and some Britto Disney items such as keychains, totebags, and figurines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter