• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jim Hill is back w. major new US & IOA scoop

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
Our old friend Jim Hill is back to give us the inside stuff-this time on his own website. Check out jimhillmedia.com, where he is confirming the 3rd US attraction to be the mummy coaster!

Speaking of Peter Jackson: Here's one reason that Disney's infamous Imagineers envy the folks at Universal Creative: Universal has the theme park rights to use all of J.R.R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" characters to build new shows and rides around. And here's another reason why Mickey gets jealous whenever anyone ever brings up Universal: You know J.K. Rowling's highly popular "Harry Potter" series. Universal Studios has the theme park rights to all of those characters as well.

Ummm...

"First and foremost is USF's 'Mummy' roller coaster, which is slated to be built inside of the soon-to-be-closed 'Kongfrontation' show building. Those familiar with the design work that's being done on this high tech horror-themed thrill ride insist that this attraction will rival Disney's venerable 'Pirates of the Caribbean' ride for its attention to detail and theming. Plus this indoor coaster will reportedly feature a finale sequence that will leave guests talking long after they've exited the attraction."

Intriguing... very intriguing indeed...

And yes, it looks like the Lost Continent certainly has a future if they can use LoTR.

Since Potter belongs to Warner Brothers, I wonder how we got the rights...hmmmm....

Please folks, do NOT beleive everything you read. Although Jim Hill relays a lot of rumors, most of them are just that: rumors. I can tell you for an absolute fact that there are several inaccuracies in his "article".. especially regarding the cost of the Poseidon Rehab-- that is completely false! Hes just reporting a lot of heresay and internet chatter.

Originally posted by Earl
Well, what can be said about self-web-site-promoting media types?

P.S. - Don't forget to keep going to his site so he can get revenue for the hits on the advertising.

Yeah with 3633 hits so far I'm sure the cash is just pouring in.... :rolleyes:

Why does it have to be a secret if it's already in the works?
And if it is a coaster, I really hope it doesn't go upside down!

Originally posted by Earl
Well, what can be said about self-web-site-promoting media types?

P.S. - Don't forget to keep going to his site so he can get revenue for the hits on the advertising.

Earl, is that a "no-comment" comment, or a "so-wrong-it doesn't-deserve-a-comment" comment?

Regards

Rob

...Ok... Ok then lets take each thing one at a time and you guys tell me where he is "wrong", or how this give Jim "publicity".

Barry Diller might take over Universal Entertainment???

September 25th date of the next Vivendi Universal board meeting ???.

At that meeting they might announce a spin off of Universal's entertainment assets ????

Barry Diller used to be Michael Eisner's old boss and they have a rivalry???

If Barry takes control...Orland could become the battlefield for that rivalry ????

Universal has 3 brand new attraction on the board ???

Mummy Roller Coaster in the Kong building with a knockout finish ????

Shrek going into Hitchcock and maybe taking a couple of swipes at the mouse again ???

Jimmy Neutron going into Hanna ???

IOA ranks with Industry experts as the very best in the US but still has not caught on with the public yet ???? ( I've caught on)

Poseidon's Fury 10M remake not that well received by public... (Does anyone really know the cost?) I mean really?

Horror Nights moved to IOA to give that park another look by guest ????

Royal Pacific...New movies in the works ???

Universal has theme park rights to LOTR, Harry ????

Disney would love to have those rights ????

Disney might not go head to head in the US because they think the US market is tapped out ????

Disney only adds new E-Ticket attractions in the US if someone else is paying. Else it's cheap ( I know for sure this is true)

Disney pouring more money into Timeshares ?????

Universal has or is developing plans for two more theme parks golf courses and water parks on the Lockheed Martin property???

Will Disney respond ???

Will Barry take over ????

From what I understand there may be two points with what he said that are questionable ? Cost of PF and the Third attraction.

Earl I by no means am trying to be an ****** here. I just find it difficult when someone says everything that guy says is not true and then offer no evidence of that.

I personal thought that much of the article was correct, but I'm not an insider these are just outsiders views.

so maybe PF rehab did not cost 10m....I really don't know.

so maybe the third attractioin is not a Mummy coaster.

those are the two points that people have pointed at.

I'm just not getting what your talking about with his Website though. We'll just call you smarter and able to see his motives better then I can on that subject and move on.

Earl, you've really got me confused. The way I read it, it seems you believe the original poster is either Jim Hill or one of his minions posting here in order to attract hits. I have several things disabled, so perhaps I just don't see the link. Is it in the signature? Just a little confused.

As for the Mummy based attraction, it sure has gotten a lot of press lately. But, if you say that's not what it's going to be, then I believe you.

Sorry if my posting this caused a problem for everyone, I can assure you that I have no relation to jim hill whatsoever. I merely thought everyone would like to see the info. I don't really see what I did wrong, so if someone wants to explain it, I will gladly listen!

You did nothing wrong...many of us follow Jim Hill but we sometimes forget to checkup on his latest articles. Thanks for posting.

I think out of all the people that give Universal info, Earl is the one that I believe. Everything that he says is 100% on the mark and accurate. It's fun to talk about rumors and future plans, but we must remember that they are rumors, not truths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter