• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jiko!

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
Jiko - Wednesday September 6th

We stayed at the AKL in February and fell in love with this resort. We came back for more yummy food at Jiko!

We started with the Lamb "Patis", wich was pulled lamb rolled in phyllo, onion salad, and mint-cilantro chutney:

DSC00943.jpg

WOW, was this good! I wasn't expecting it to be so tasty, and I admit I was a little afraid of the sauce. But, it was very good! :teeth:

Next, I had the Wood-Grilled Filet Mignon with macaroni and cheese and red wine sauce:

DSC00944.jpg

I had this in February, and I had it again this time. It was amazing. I recommend the beef cooked medium. The red wine sauce is so tasty, and I don't even like wine!

My Mom had the Pan-Roasted and Maize-crusted Halibut with vegetables of the moment, tomato butter sauce, and crispy sweet potatoes:

DSC00945.jpg

She LOVED it! I don't love fish, but I really liked it too. The sauce was very good with the fish.

We finished off with the Flourless Chocolate Mocha Cake:

DSC00946.jpg

We don't like coffee or mocha, but our waiter assured us that it would only taste of chocolate. He was right. It was quite yummy, and tasted more like chocolate brownies than cake.

Overall, the evening was great. The service was really good, and the food was fantastic!

Rating: paw: paw: paw: paw: paw: (Five Animal Kingdom paws out of five)

Jiko's is our most favorite restaurant EVER! Dh & I put the kids in daycare and have gone there our last two trips. So funny that you and your Mom had the exact same things dh & I had! :) Our first trip there I asked our waitperson for recomendations and she said the halibut. I NEVER would have ordered that but OH BOY it is so good that you want to lick the plate! Dh loves the filet.

We also got the flourless cake and were very impressed - YUM!

Now I am really hungry for Jiko's! :thumbsup2

Glad you liked it!

Jill

I'll be dining there in 6 days for my birthday - my eyes are on that filet!! Thanks for the pics and review; I can't wait!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Darn Darn Darn Darn! We leave Thursday and don't have Jiko (or any 2 TS) on our plan. I could withstand your Le Cellier, AP and Wolfgang Puck reviews, but you got me with this one! We have only done Jiko once and I had that filet and seeing it again almost made me cry. What am going to do ? :confused:

Great reviews! Thanks for taking the time.

thanks for the rave review! We were unsure looking at the menu but when we saw your pictures and realized they were the entrees we intended on getting we were so excited!!!

I am sorry but whoever came up with filet with red wine sauce served over mac and cheese was a doofus. I can't see it. I don't want to taste it. Just me I guess.

dawgfan said:
I am sorry but whoever came up with filet with red wine sauce served over mac and cheese was a doofus. I can't see it. I don't want to taste it. Just me I guess.

One of the best entrees at Jiko! :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed it. Jiko is such an excellent restaurant. It fits in so nicely with AKL. :) The lamb appetizer looked fantastic.

we have ADR's there for May, and now I can't wait!! The lamb patis looks
wonderful (and that was what I was planning to order!), but now you have
me torn, since I know DH will order the filet and mac & cheese (two of his
most fav foods in the whole world, not just WDW ) I was planning to order
the halibut, which also looks amazing, but that filet sure looks good......
Maybe I'll order the halibut, and steal bites of DH dinner when he is not
looking!:idea:

It's not like any mac and cheese I'ver ever tasted, and I wanted to lick my plate, the sauce was so good. The filet was so tender I could cut it with my fork. The best meal I have ever had at WDW.

Thanks for the review - we're going to try Jiko for the first time in May and that fillet looks yummy to me! :goodvibes

Even though I've read this review a couple of times I always enjoy it. DH and I have ADRs in May (while dd is at Simba's cubhouse) and I can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter