Jiko or Sanaa?

TRBelle84

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to decide between Jiko or Sanaa for our first night at WDW (we're staying at AKL).

We've eaten at Jiko three times where we have not eaten at Sanaa. Money/ DDP is not of concern.

Thanks!

Jiko is my favorite restaurant in Disney World, so it's weird for me to advise against it. But if you can't do both, I think you should try Sanaa. It's very good and worth trying.

Actually, if you can swing it, I'd have an appetizer in the lounge at each. Both have good entrées but even better appetizers. You could do something like have a drink and bread service at the Sanaa lounge and then go have an appetizer and dessert at the Jiko lounge.

I think Jiko is just superior for food and ambiance and it's a must do for each of my trips but if you come to WDW a lot and want something new, go with Sanaa.

I also like Sweet Melissas idea if you have the leisure time. That sounds like fun.

I like Jiko, but our last few experiences there were not stellar service as in the past. I factor that in with food quality at the signatures (anywhere really) because of the overall role it plays in the dining experience.

We've had several meals at Sanna over the last year and a half and it keeps improving each time. When I say improving I mean that it went from good to exceptional. Although far more casual than Jiko, the dining room is beautiful and the animal viewing adds something special to the meal.

We love the bread sampler (although we just ask for the plain naan anymore). I like to use the sauces to compliment my entrees. The service has been outstanding. As silly as it is, the manager calling the next day/evening to thank you for coming really is kind of nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter