• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jewellery advice

UK bride WDW 06

Mouseketeer
I know i am jumping on the band wagon at the moment as there are a few threads on here about accessories. But you have all been so helpful I was wondering if you could give me some ideas. I want to wear some earings and a tiara and a mid length veil. Do you think i should wear a necklace? Here is my dress
A557GB.jpg

The beads around the top are clear glass and the dress is a champagne colour. So what colour jewellery so you think?

I think a necklace is always a good idea with a strapless gown, it just seems to finish the look. I'm Irish, and wanted to include some traditions so I got a horseshoe necklace in blue. But I'm sure pretty much anything diamond/crystaly would look very nice. I don't think I'd go pearls but any other shiny stones would be beautiful. As for earrings this is where I got my touch of Disney in, I had Mickeys hehe, also in blue (somehow blue ended up being my color when I was just trying to get my one something blue.) The front pair were small dangles and the back pair were tiny posts. Amazingly that's what everyone noticed (once they got past the flip flops) the super small tiny Mickeys in my ears.

Hope this helps.

Melissa

I think a simple necklace would look lovely. My wedding dress is very similar to yours but in white; i found a necklace set it off beautifully. I have bought a diamond necklace on white gold and the diamonds reflect off my dress which has lots of clear swarovski crystals. I have also got a diamond tiara and short veil and i must say i think it looks lovely!
Have a look at Ernest Jones, they have some lovely jewellery; thats were i got mine - not the cheapest but good quality.

with a tiara, veil, and earrings, it is not necessary to have a necklace with that bodice. However, if you must, I think something simple and elegant - white gold/platinum/silver with diamonds or crystals would be nice. Not a long one either. Perhaps a pendant? If you forego the neclace, just wear some fabulous dangly earrings... :)

good luck!

I like all types of necklace, as long as it matches the dress am wearing!!

i reserve diamond necklaces for parties! They look nice on the neck at night :thumbsup2

hi
Yes I would wear a necklace. Dh bought me a beautiful matching necklace & earrings from the Swarovski shop in Manchester. They do have a website though www.swarovski.com

I also have a strapless dress and i got a lovely set of diamond earings and a gold and diamond necklace. Its very simple but i think it just finishes the look off.

UK bride WDW 06 said:
I know i am jumping on the band wagon at the moment as there are a few threads on here about accessories. But you have all been so helpful I was wondering if you could give me some ideas. I want to wear some earings and a tiara and a mid length veil. Do you think i should wear a necklace? Here is my dress
A557GB.jpg

The beads around the top are clear glass and the dress is a champagne colour. So what colour jewellery so you think?

they say you want the focus to be on your dress and your face. so a broad open bare chest/neck. with earrings if you want, veil and hair jewelry.

but it's really whatever YOU want to do. i LOVE LOVE necklaces. i buy them all the time. but i might fight my necklace fetish for my wedding day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter