jewelery on eastern

peanutgirl

DIS Veteran
I want to purchase a diamond tennis bracelet on the 7 day eastern. Does anyone have a recomendation?

Thanks, Peanutgirl

I have bought many pieces of jewelry from Ballerina Jewelers in St Thomas on Main Street. The shop doesn't look like much but you can get some good deals. Ask for an appraisal on whatever you buy. Keep your reciepts and if you're lucky to go back to St Thomas some day, take your receipts for an additional discount.
Happy Shopping

I would definitely recommend Splash on Front Street in St. Maarten. Friends have bought from them for years and DH bought me a beautiful diamond ring this past summer! They are family run and I can't say enough good things about them. Honest, fair and excellent quality. They don't advertise much, because they get a lot of repeat business and word of mouth.

They used to be way, way, way down the end of Front Street - one of the last shops, so the only way they could stay in business is if people knew to look for them or were return shoppers. (I say that because any jewelry store in the middle of Front Street gets TONS of pedestrian traffic!) We got a postcard from them a few weeks ago that they had moved up to the center of the main street - near the courthouse.

I heard good things about Ballerina's from a fellow shipmate.

Go to the shopping talks, they are very helpful. If you want to make sure you got a good deal, bring it back to the guy (sorry, I forgot his name) who does the presentation.

Remember to follow the tips (I forgot :sad2: and ended up disappointed)
-Remember to walk out of the store, they will deal
-ask to go out in the sun to look at it. I didn't and I didn't notice a pretty large flaw until it was too late.
-check out other places before you buy. I wanted just a smaller stone in a ring and didn't see any in the first and only place that I bought the ring.
-Don't settle if you don't see something you really like.

We use Caribbean Gems and have for years, in October my husband bought me 2 ct diamond earrings, paid almost $4300.00 for them. finally gave them to me this Christmas, I brought them to a local jeweler her in Ct for an insurance appraisal, they appraised out at replacement cost of $9,800.00!!!! I almost died! We have been using this store since the early eighties. Always great to work for!

Ballerina in St. Maarten on Front Street gets my vote too. DH bought a gorgeous ring there last year. It took almost 2 hours from the start of negotiations to finish - we had a few Heinekins on them too. The salesman was great - he encouraged us to take it out into the sunlight and after we had come to a price he told us to go and look at other stores first. So we went and of course I did nto find anything I liked as much as that ring so we went back and purchased it there. They then sized it and we were off with my new ring. I have not seen anything like it anywhere else and I always get complements on how pretty it is.

I reccomend the House of Rajah in St Thomas. They beat other shops by 25% or more. We have a private jewler here and have taken the pieces in to be appraised. They have appraised at up to 50% than what I paid. When I was burglarized my blue and white diamonds are what got the crooks caught. They were appraised by an independent appraiser for the pawn shop and the value was consistent with the 50%. We have ordered things via mail from George (owner) and have never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter