JetsGo Loonie Sundays

beglluvr

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to give all you Canadians out there a "heads-up" about an airfare deal I ran across. Every Sunday, just after midnight, JetsGo has a sale where they offer airfares for $1.00. (I didn't believe it myself until I checked the website). After those are all sold out, they offer some other discounts for the rest of the day. These specials are only for certain days and can only be booked on Sundays through www.jetsgo.net. I was looking up some fares yesterday and I think the one-way fare from Toronto to Orlando (Sanford) was $69.00. It's worth a look if your dates are flexible.

Hope this helps someone get a great deal to Disney or wherever else your travels take you.

I haven't had a chance to check out that deal yet ... I've heard that it starts at midnight MST. I'll stay up late to check it out one night. :)

The prices they are quoting are BEFORE TAXES!

OUCHIEWAWA!:eek:

I checked them out today, and a $98.00 flight turned into a $205.00 flight!:rolleyes:

Only in Canada!

Scratch
pirate:

Do they fly to Orlando all year long or only during the "winter holiday/getaway somewhere warm season" ??
Grover in winnipeg :)

Originally posted by Scratch42

I checked them out today, and a $98.00 flight turned into a $205.00 flight!:rolleyes:

Only in Canada!

Scratch
pirate:

The taxes are crazy! I looked at some flights to Orlando out of Buffalo and they pay about $30 in fees and taxes ... quite a change from what we pay :( Even when you fly in Canada, the taxes are just as high ...*sigh*

Janet is that return or one-way?

even at $205 CDN (RETURN) that's still not bad!

I know the more think about it the better it sounds:scratchin It's those darn taxes!

They only fly in three days out of the week. Saturday, Monday and Wednesday(I think)

Was suppose to get up at 2:00 to see what the $1.00 flights but slept right thru the alarm!:eek:

Anybody else try?

Scratch

pirate:

It seems it's just one leg of your journey but who cares this could change the face of not having to drive to Buffalo! Especially during the winter months!

:jumping1:

Scratch
pirate:

I was just checking out the sale flights as well, but what I don't inderstand is why are the taxes and fees so much higher on the sale flight than on the regular fare? The sale fare was around $61.00 and the taxes were around $100... the regular fare was around $94.00 and the taxes were like $74. The actual savings worked out to about $8.00 per ticket... It was the same on a $1.00 fare (I couldn't believe there was one available at 12:45 pm)... the total fare would still be $270. I don't understand - I know it's expensive to fly out of Toronto, but I don't see why they charge so much more on a sale fare. Anyone else understand it?

It's NOT regular "sales" tax that's added on. It is airport, fuel, "port" taxes & security taxes.So it has nothing to do with the amount of the fare. It's a flat price tax. The total amount in taxes changes very little for the price of airline fees. Eg. $300 fare + 205.00 taxes=$505......$1.00 fare +$200taxes= $201

See usually we don't notice it because usually we are given quotes that include ALL those nasty, little hidden taxes that the Americans don't paid.
"Guess that's why we have FREE health care!":rolleyes:

because the taxes and fees are much more on the sale fare than the regular fare. I understand what MaMudduck is saying and that certain fees are a set amount, but wouldn't that make it approximately the same except for the difference in the GST? Sorry that I'm not getting it, but if these fuel, airport and port fees are a set amount, shouldn't it be that the total taxes & fees would be the same? I sent an email to JetsGo asking them to clarify this for me because they just seem to be sucking up the discount by making the fees higher.

Don't quote me on this cause I haven't worked in the travel industry for 10 years, but the discrepancy in the additional charges may be due to departure fees/fuel levies/airport fees, etc. that are charged in Canada but not in the US. For example, there might be a fuel surcharge in Canada with Jetsgo leaving from Toronto, but Florida might not levy a charge like that, which leaves you with a different price outbound than returning.

Just a possibility.

N. Wisco

nwisco:

Thank you for clarifying that for me. So I guess these JetsGo deals are great for people flying out of Toronto.

Originally posted by Scratch42

Only in Canada!

Scratch
pirate:

I am a Canadian living in the US and don't worry Canadians aren't the only ones gouged by HIGH TAXES.

British Airways was running a promo last week for the 100 years of flight, offering trips to London from any US gateway city for $100 each way, so $200 a ticket, after good ole Uncle Sam had his way with me, the flights came out to $300+!

So don't feel like you're the only over-taxed ones on the continent, your cousins in the US are giving up a very comparable % of their income to the greater good.

That's the one thing I found strange after moving down here, everyone in Canada thinks the US has it so much better, lower taxes, more freedom etc! I am living here and I can tell you that Canada is not too far away from the US tax-wise, and thanks to the Patriot Act down here, it can be argued that you're more free in Canada.

That's my 2 cents (US$).

RW:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter