JetBlue vs Southwest

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by Samantha_Mommy, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Samantha_Mommy

Samantha_Mommy Mouseketeer

Is their pricing the same, who has more of the deals?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tower

Tower DIS Veteran

Best bet is to compare for yourself. Sometimes SW is better, sometimes it's not.

4. JMJ3553

JMJ3553 Mouseketeer

I found Jetblue to have better pricing, but like the OP said... it could go either way. There are a lot of variables to take into consideration when comparing the two...

I am leaving from Ct in November and I found Southwest to not even be comparable to either JetBlue or Delta, but I have flown with Southwest before and had them be the best deal... you never know :confused3

5. roxysmum123

roxysmum123 DIS Veteran

You gotta price shop. Pricing is in a similar range but rarely the same and it depends on when you look.

6. disneyfan2

disneyfan2 <font color=red>Dreaming about a Mouse<br><font co

Jetblue allows you to pick your seats, and they have tv's in each head rest!!:lovestruc

7. lizzyb

lizzyb DIS Veteran

This!

Even if Jetblue is a couple bucks more I book with them because of the above but by chance this time they were the cheapest.

8. 3pletprincesses

3pletprincesses DIS Veteran

We always had better prices with Jetblue except for this year as I was getting anxious seeing the prices raise and book when Us airways had a sale... now I regret it. jetblue seats went down and I'm stuck with Us airways where you have to pay $ 25 each way per baggage and there's no tv on the plane and not a direct flight. Oh well live and learn. I'm always a last minute perso nand have always doen well but this year as I planned a trip for 8 people, I got anxious looking at the prices raise and raise and didn't want to go back to people and say well our airfare are over $400 each.

9. mommylo

mommylo Mouseketeer

I guess the only advantage of SW is if the prices go down, you can re-book without a "penalty". I booked my December trip way back when and the prices have come down twice, so I now have a nice $200 credit for the next trip:banana:

10. dsneygirl

dsneygirl <font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font

This is why we prefer SW. You can rebook, move, change flights etc without fees as much as you want. Also no charge for checked bags. (not sure about Jetblue)