• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jetblue preboard?

stevil73

Earning My Ears
DW and I will be traveling with our 3 toddlers. Two of them will be in car seats in the plane. I know Jetblue has family boarding, but does anyone know if I can get on even earlier so I can have the car seats strapped in before DW and kiddos get on the plane?

DW and I will be traveling with our 3 toddlers. Two of them will be in car seats in the plane. I know Jetblue has family boarding, but does anyone know if I can get on even earlier so I can have the car seats strapped in before DW and kiddos get on the plane?

Call Jet Blue and ask. I doubt it, however.

JB does indeed have boarding for those that will need addtl time to get situated...and having two car seats certainly meets that qualification!!! I doubt you will be able to get on prior to family boarding though. You can ask at the gate....that's about the only sure-fire way to know.

I tend to doubt it as well as that's why they allow you to preboard in the first place.

As the web site says:
http://www.jetblue.com/travel/kids/?intcmp=hd_travel_kids

JetBlue offers pre-boarding for families with children under the age of 2, so you can have early access to overhead bins, secure car seats and get your kids comfortably seated on the plane.

It also gives the following information:

-an infant safety seat should be placed in a window seat; it may be placed in a middle seat or aisle seat as long as the other seat(s) remain empty or occupied by another infant seat. An infant safety seat may not obstruct a Customer's pathway to the aisle.

-infant safety seats may not be placed between two individuals.

-an infant safety seat may face backward if it is FAA approved and properly secured by the parent/guardian

-only one lap infant will be assigned per row of seats on each side of the aircraft.

-lap infants may not be seated in emergency exit rows

-any infant seat used during flight must remain secured to the passenger seat at all times, even when unoccupied.

We are bringing my 3yo daughter on her first flight in a couple weeks and we decided to go with Jet Blues "Even more" stuff. We figured the expedited security alone was worth it, but also to be able to get on early as being 3yo she does not qualify for pre-boarding normally.

Looks like the original poster would board in the third group: http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BI...000048770481,K=1464,Sxi=3,Case=obj(381591)#s1
help.JetBlue.com said:
JetBlue's boarding procedure is as follows:
  • Silent Boarding is for those customers who have requested or appear to need*assistance in boarding*and in the gate area.
  • Priority Boarding for Mosaic and Even More® Space customers
  • Pre-boarding for families with children under the age of two and customers needing additional assistance
  • General Boarding
  • Rows 20-25******
  • Rows 15-25
  • Rows 10-25
  • Rows 5-25
  • All remaining customers
  • Unaccompanied minors

I doubt it. That is why they have Family Boarding. You may want to call them to ask where the carseats can be though. Most airlines require them to be in the window seat. I'm not sure if they will let you do a window and middle though.

I would say you go on during family boarding and install the seat and she board at the end of general boarding. This will give you time to install the seats and minimize the time the kids are seated.

Also, selecting seats toward the back of the plane will have fewer passengers interfering with him installing the carseats (or he them).

And if either carseated child is a seatkicker, put another member of your party in front of that child.

Some gate agents have had me truly pre-board to install the car-seat (with 'silent boarding'), other have used the sequence mention above (after the even more space people). Despite what you find-out from phone people, it will be up to the gate agent to make the decision.

Additionally, it will depend on the airport. We use JetBlue out of Long Beach all the time and they do NOT do preboarding for anyone at all, not even disabled that need the chair to go up the stairs or down the aisles.

We also traveled with 3 carseats on the plane. I don't remember it being an issue. I do remember at the time the flight attendants weren't able to help put the car seats in,, but were very good at organizing people around us. What we did was, I stood in the row behind/beside or in front of our row(s) and DH strapped the seats in while the rest of the plane boarded.
Traveling with kids is challenging, but worth every second.
Good luck. And I agree, call JB.never hurts to ask.

thanks for the advice. I guess we will see what the gate agent says and just deal with whatever we get dealt. Not a big deal either way for us, especially since we will be on our way to Florida

We also traveled with 3 carseats on the plane. I don't remember it being an issue. I do remember at the time the flight attendants weren't able to help put the car seats in,, but were very good at organizing people around us. What we did was, I stood in the row behind/beside or in front of our row(s) and DH strapped the seats in while the rest of the plane boarded.
Traveling with kids is challenging, but worth every second.
Good luck. And I agree, call JB.never hurts to ask.

They FAs still are not able to assist with installing seats. Liability. Same with car rental agencies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter