JetBlue Flight Prices

gsmith0113

Mouseketeer
We are looking at flights from Newark to Orlando for November and it seems the flights are going up in price (almost daily). I know this is a long-shot, but does anyone have an idea if these will come back down once it gets closer to the date? From what I've seen online, the "sweet spot" for booking tickets is about 27-114 days in advance.
Any advise is welcome.
Thanks!

I have never, ever found a 'sweet spot' for booking airfares. 27-114 days prior is a pretty sizable window. My flights for my Nov-Dec flights to DL and WDW were booked almost as soon as possible.
I fly JB a lot. I remember fares going down in the past, but in recent years, not so much. They 'might' go down a little, but probably not enough to make it worthwhile to wait. Usually, fares go up. It's truly a case of supply/demand. Only so many seats are offered at lower fares. When those are gone, so are the lower fares.
If the airline feels there are too many empty seats, they could lower fares.

We are looking at flights from Newark to Orlando for November and it seems the flights are going up in price (almost daily). I know this is a long-shot, but does anyone have an idea if these will come back down once it gets closer to the date? From what I've seen online, the "sweet spot" for booking tickets is about 27-114 days in advance.
Any advise is welcome.
Thanks!
Don't know about Jet Blue, but heard on the news yesterday that United is ceasing all flights from JFK and moving them to Newark. Who knows, maybe with opening new schedules, pricing will be "decent" for you. Good luck!:wizard:

Don't know about Jet Blue, but heard on the news yesterday that United is ceasing all flights from JFK and moving them to Newark. Who knows, maybe with opening new schedules, pricing will be "decent" for you. Good luck!:wizard:

The only flights United had at JFK were to and from LAX and SFO, so this move to EWR shouldn't affect any other schedules.

So much depends on when you fly...is it a holiday weekend? Some days are cheaper than other...time of your flight also affects the fares.I have flown JetBlue almost exclusively since they came to Boston. The past few years (3 or 4) flights have never gone done after we bought them and actually have sky rocketed most of the time. We do not fly to MCO during any school vacations either. Our flights for October have doubled we bought them. I generally buy our flights the day JetBlue releases them. Good Luck!!

So much depends on when you fly...is it a holiday weekend? Some days are cheaper than other...time of your flight also affects the fares.I have flown JetBlue almost exclusively since they came to Boston. The past few years (3 or 4) flights have never gone done after we bought them and actually have sky rocketed most of the time. We do not fly to MCO during any school vacations either. Our flights for October have doubled we bought them. I generally buy our flights the day JetBlue releases them. Good Luck!!

Nice to see you around...haven't noticed you posting for awhile!! I have to agree though.....I seldom see JB go down in price anymore. My flights tend to go up, and sometimes they go up a lot!!! I'm flying home from MCO to Worcester in Dec. My dd is going to be studying abroad, in London from Sept to Dec. On the off chance that she might want to join me in WDW, I booked her a seat on my flight going home....she flies home mid-way through my WDW stay, so thought she might want to fly to MCO vs BOS. The fare was $88!! I grabbed it. She has decided not to join me....so yeah, I'm out $88, but if she had decided to join me, that fare home would be close to $150! And could go higher.

Thanks all, booked this morning. just didn't want to risk them going higher than now (they already went up $40 each).

Nice to see you around...haven't noticed you posting for awhile!! I have to agree though.....I seldom see JB go down in price anymore. My flights tend to go up, and sometimes they go up a lot!!! I'm flying home from MCO to Worcester in Dec. My dd is going to be studying abroad, in London from Sept to Dec. On the off chance that she might want to join me in WDW, I booked her a seat on my flight going home....she flies home mid-way through my WDW stay, so thought she might want to fly to MCO vs BOS. The fare was $88!! I grabbed it. She has decided not to join me....so yeah, I'm out $88, but if she had decided to join me, that fare home would be close to $150! And could go higher.

Thank you for noticing me....often I feel invisible here!!LOL!! I have always appreciated your insight.$88 is an amazing fare...and who knows maybe she will change her mind

Thank you for noticing me....often I feel invisible here!!LOL!! I have always appreciated your insight.$88 is an amazing fare...and who knows maybe she will change her mind
Nah....it would mean flying out of Gatwick vs Heathrow, and by herself!! She's not making that flight on her own!!! So, she misses out. Maybe no one will book that seat next to me......yeah, that's going to happen!!

If the price goes down, will JB give you a credit?

As long as you are within 14 days of booking (otherwise, there's a $75 fee):

Honoring the Lower Fare

In the event that a fare on a JetBlue-operated flight decreases after purchase, customers may rebook travel at the lower fare on the same flight with no charge if rebooked within 14 days of the date the original ticket was purchased, and prior to departure. Any difference in fare will be returned in the form of a JetBlue credit, good for one year from the date of issuance. Effective August 14, 2014, there is a $75 fee associated with honoring a lower fare on tickets exchanged 15 days or more from the original purchase date.

For questions on JetBlue's honoring a lower fare policy, please contact JetBlue Reservations at 1-800-JETBLUE for assistance.

http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BI...00000027720124,K=5480,Sxi=18,Case=obj(400810)

I miss the days of $89 one way flights from Jet Blue. The last time I saw these offered was in January/Feb 2015 when we booked for our September trip. Flights since then have not dropped once. They have increased from 40-100+ per way. I check daily for deals....what gives? I cant find a one way flight from any airports in New England to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter