• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jetblue Even More Speed-worth it at Logan?

meg8017

Mouseketeer
We have the option of adding this to our tickets for $15 pp at Logan. Any feedback on the security there recently? Just wondering if it's worth it. We are a party of 5 with a double stroller if that makes a difference. TIA!

When flying JB I always upgrade to the extra leg room seats; just more comfortable to be able to stretch out more. That said, I'm guessing this is just for BOS to JFK, so it's a very short flight.

We used JB last April out of Logan, and I was surprised at how slow they were, slowest airline I've ever experienced at Logan. Would I spend $15 pp to get through security quicker--I'm guessing that's what you're talking about? No--I would plan on getting there earlier. I was with a family of 4 kids; the security guy thought I was actually supervising them, but the parents were there; as a result, he let me avoid the full body machine and I got to run to the gate to let them know we were there. (Our bus was stuck in traffic for an hour which made us late.) Do plan on extra time; it'll get you ready for MCO's security line!

I'd save the money for a Ghiradelli ice-cream cone, cookies and cream in a chocolate dipped one. :yay:

It will not be worth it for you for 5 people, especially because you will be holding up the line with a big stroller (not criticizing). Just be there early and go through the regular line.

I can go through the faster security lines due to airline status and often it isn't much faster than the regular lines anyway.

We usually purchase extra leg room seats thanks to dh's long legs. So we do extra speed even with a double stroller. We're pretty fast at the whole process so there is minimal delay due to the stroller. However on the way home from mco they would not let us use extra speed line. I was mad because we had paid extra for that but what are you going to do.

Just used it this past week between BOS and MCO with our 3yo and an umbrella stroller and loved it. You said only $15, is that just for security or are you getting extra leg room and early boarding? We paid $30 each way and got on first and extra leg room, which was very nice.

thanks for the replies. The $15 is just for the expedited security. Our flights have gone down so we have a credit with Jetblue, so we would only add it if we could use our credit to pay, otherwise definitely not. But I would hate to pay only to have them not let us use it. (and lose the credits)...that's not right if you paid.

thanks for the replies. The $15 is just for the expedited security. Our flights have gone down so we have a credit with Jetblue, so we would only add it if we could use our credit to pay, otherwise definitely not. But I would hate to pay only to have them not let us use it. (and lose the credits)...that's not right if you paid.

I was told that airfare credit can only be used for airfare, not the "Even more" stuff. I asked about it when we changed my FIL's flight and had a credit.

I agree, if you pay for "Even More" you should be able to use it, unless any restrictions are clearly spelled out. I looked under JB's FAQ about Even More and it does not list any. I wonder if the PP ran into an overzelous TSA agent? Hopefully they asked JB what happened and got a refund.

We just flew from BOS to MCO on JB. We also are a party of 5 with a double stroller. The TSA agent noticed my DW trying to maneuver the double stroller through the security line, and pulled us from the line and let us through the handicap access. So we really had no wait. Even if we did have to wait, it was probably no longer than 10 minutes. I fly JB from BOS often for work and the security line has never been very long. I would keep the $15 pp in my pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter