JetBlue & Airbus planes?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
No AirTran from Newburg, NY in 2010 ...:eek: :mad: :furious: :( :worried:

Next choice would be JetBlue out of Newburg.

They do not flew Boeings - what we like.
JetBlue flews Airbus A-320 (not the new Airbus 350's and 380's).

Does anyone like or dislike JetBlue or Airbus A-320 planes ?:confused3

Please help us. We like AirTran - but closest airport is White Plains and has very limited parking (not good for us).
So JetBlue may have to be our next airline.

We have flown SWA out of Albany - but we hate the ABC seating system.

I highly doubt that you would find an A380 on a domestic US route! And the A350 either, not that it is yet in service

The A320 is just fine - it is the workhorse of Europe and more comfortable and more fuel efficient than most Boeing aircraft. I would rather fly an Airbus than a Boeing any day, and I fly Airbus very frequently in various models

Most US carriers are phasing out the older B737's as they are not fuel efficient, and they are far less comfortable

Please help us. We like AirTran - but closest airport is White Plains and has very limited parking (not good for us).

AIRBUS produces a GREAT aircraft, I like BOEING as well, but have no problem flying on an AIRBUS aircraft. The plane I disliked, the DC-10 is long gone from US carriers.

I'm a fan of JetBlue, and the A320 is a nice plane.

Planes fly over our house all the time, as we aren't far from the airport, and we are in the path. My husband and I have a running game of "name the JetBlue plane first". :laughing: It doesn't have as loud a rumble but more of a whine or whistle to it?

and when you are on board the A320, you get to hear the 'barking dog' and the 'squealing pig'! I don't recall Boeing having such animal sounds aboard :rotfl2:

you know, we crazy Europeans, we bring our livestock on board :lmao:

Seriously, though, the Airbus twins have a rather unique sound during boarding and takeoff, which really do sound like a squealing pig and a barking dog.

some of the fear of flying websites caution people about the animal noises as they can be a little disturbing the first time.

Yes! Okay, I'm getting the squealing pig part. It's a few minutes after take off, right?

There are definitely some sewing machine sounds happening? ;)

Hmm, the sewing machine? that must happen when I have already turned my iPod back on :confused: (I will admit that I don't always wait until the double chimes to do so)

If I'm not mistaken, jetBlue's A320 aircraft is larger in size than the Boeing 737s that AirTran flies... and I know they're quite a bit larger than AirTran's 717s. And I think that's all they fly?

Having flown on a 737 and an A320, I really didn't notice much of a difference.

Southwest has recently changed how they board, and for the better. No more cattle call.

Quite frankly... Boeing or Airbus... you're still crammed into a tiny seat. At least with jetBlue, you get slightly more legroom, and a personal TV.

The B737 and A320 series of aircraft are direct competitors, meaning that from a passenger perspective, they're pretty much the same (well, I find that on an A320 I can get up easier, and the aforementioned disconcerting noises, but really, that's it).

That's a good point: Keep in mind that what goes inside the aircraft is the airline's (i.e., JetBlue's) choice, not the airframe manufacturer's (i.e., Boeing's or Airbus') choice, so if you fondly remember the interior of the B737 and don't have fond memories of the interior of A320, then you need to remember which airline because the interiors can be different. As it is, I doubt the differences most passengers perceive between the B737 and the A320 are actual airframe-related differences (the most notable exception being noise profiles), and you could end up on some other airline's A320 that, if you haven't convinced yourself of the contrary before boarding, could be the best you've ever experienced in that size range.

JetBlue also flys the ERJ190, especially out of smaller airports such as mine.

You will fly the E-190 from Newburgh to Orlando on JB. It is a 100 seat Brazilian made jet that is very comfortable. Do not confuse it with the smaller E-145s that many regional carriers like Delta Connection use. They are like apples and oranges.

It is 2 seats on each side so no chance at all of a middle seat and with only 100 people on board you should be able to deplane quicker and start your vacation sooner. Flies at the same speeds as the Airbus and has the same inflight entertainment options as a JB Airbus. I fly the E-190 so I am very biased but you will like the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter