Jet Tubs and Bath Bombs

This looks like th residue left behind by the Bath & Bodyworks aroma theraphy line of bath oils/bubbles.

I have a jetted tub at home and after I use the above mentioned products I get the same looking funk.

I remember seeing a thread about this. Someone called hotel jacuzzi tubs something along the line of "toilet tub" :lmao: The body oils and the dirt that clings to the oil gets caught up in the jets. You're basically bathing in other people's sweat and gunk. :sick::scared:

If I remember correctly, somebody recommended cleaning that type of tub before using it by filling it with very hot water, squirting in some dish detergent NO NO NO disher washer detergent not liquid dish soap. You would have bubble galore.(works best to cut the grease) and turning the jets on for a while. Empty the tub and repeat with clean warm water to get the dish soap out of the jets.

Sounds like too much hassle for me. I'll just use the shower. :thumbsup2

Standard procedure for us. Check in get to room, fill tub add cascade add bleach. Run jets while unpacking. If any thing gross comes out inform housekeeping. otherwise drain tub and fill again to rinse.

Housekeeping will run a special cleaner in the jets but the smell is strong so I will usually wait to call the next morning when we are going to be out of the room.

Denise in MI

This info came directly from the hot tub service guy we use at home....he also services whirlpool tubs. "Don't ever use a hotel/resort whirlpool without cleaning the jets first. When water drains from a jetted tub, some water always stays in the tubing. So, in essence, even if the tub is cleaned thoroughly by housekeeping and the jets are not run through with a sanitizer...you are taking a bath with whomever stayed in that room before you. The best way to clean/sanitize the jets is to fill the tub up, add a cup or so of bleach and turn those jets on.....leave it run for at least 20 minutes....then drain and run a rinse thru the jets." We never use the jetted tub unless we follow this procedure first.

This is exactly what my husband does upon check in! No dish wash soap - straight clorox!

Hmm,

Is this kind of thing normal for DVC? Are the tubs not being cleaned properly? I mean the fact that several people in this thread have a ritual for cleaning the tubs gives the idea that they're not being cleaned properly and that people actually have to plan for them not being clean.

Am I missing something?

Hmm,

Is this kind of thing normal for DVC? Are the tubs not being cleaned properly? I mean the fact that several people in this thread have a ritual for cleaning the tubs gives the idea that they're not being cleaned properly and that people actually have to plan for them not being clean.

Am I missing something?

It's not that they are not being cleaned properly, rather jetted tubs can not be cleaned properly. It is the nature of those tubs. When the tubs are drained water will continue to set in the jet tubing. After a while all kinds of fun stuff will happen with the water in the tubes. Any soap in the tubes will solidify, the water will become stagnant etc..etc... The next person that fills up the tub and turns on the jets will get a nice surprise... one way to aleviate this would be to drain the tub after you are done, fill it up with water again, add some chlorine and run the jets for a couple of minutes. then drain the tub... But rather than expect the previous guest to do this for you you should just expect to do it for yourself when you check into a room with a jetted tub!

Hmm,

Am I missing something?

I hate to break it to you but hardly anything is cleaned "properly" when you are staying in a hotel (Disney or otherwise) after another guest. From the typical housekeeping staff perspective, if it "looks" clean then there's no need to bother with it and they won't - they're in a hurry to get to the next room. Before you get to a hotel room someone else could have peed on the carpets, drooled on the pillows, puked on the bed, sweat it out all day on the sofa and wiped their athlete's foot all over the kitchen counter. Believe me - no one is there sanitizing the place so it's up to you. We always bring plenty of lysol wipes and cleansers and really give all hotel rooms a thorough scrubbing. But, like jennypenny said, we try not to let it gross us out too much. We do what we can then try to relax about it all or we'd never be able to stay in a hotel room - and we love to travel too much for that.

Terri

I bought bleach at Publix's on our last trip after reading a similar thread on these boards. It didn't take too long to fill and I let the jets run and I felt better about relaxing in the tub each night. I love the idea of buying the powdered blech at the laundry room when we don't have a car.

That brown ring isn't necessarily from a bath bomb. It is the dead skin cells, dirt, and body oil from who ever used the tub last. You HAVE to clean those tubs BEFORE you use them. The only place it seems to take forever to clean is OKW because the tubs are HUGE.

I am so glad I came across this thread since I have never used a whirlpool tub before , this November will be our first in a room with one and now I can be prepared to clean it before using it. Showed my DH this tread and he said yuk , then said he is not using it :rotfl2: oh well more relaxing time for me I guess :rotfl:

I noticed at the Wyndham at Glacier Canyon that we go to frequently they use to have the tubs with whirlpool. Then about 6-12 months ago we noticed they disabled all the whirlpool functions, in all the units we stayed in since they are all just big bathtubs now. These are fairly new as they are still selling developer inventory, I would guess oldest units are maybe 5 years? I would see this being a trend, I'm sure all hotels/resorts have to get sick of calls and people just going crazy about cleanliness etc.

same with us, one of the first things we do is run tub with cleaner and rinse.

Use the BCV tub every day we are there and never had a problem. Lucky I guess. Now I'm not sure its an attraction anymore after seeing that pic.

Glad I stopped to read this thread. I know what I'll be doing in exactly 199 days!! Cleaning out the jets of the jacuzzi!!! :thumbsup2

I noticed at the Wyndham at Glacier Canyon that we go to frequently they use to have the tubs with whirlpool. Then about 6-12 months ago we noticed they disabled all the whirlpool functions, in all the units we stayed in since they are all just big bathtubs now. These are fairly new as they are still selling developer inventory, I would guess oldest units are maybe 5 years? I would see this being a trend, I'm sure all hotels/resorts have to get sick of calls and people just going crazy about cleanliness etc.

If they disable all the functions but still have the holes how do they ever get the inside clean?:confused: At least with the jets functioning you can clean them without the bacteria just builds up inside.:scared1:

Denise in MI

If they disable all the functions but still have the holes how do they ever get the inside clean?:confused: At least with the jets functioning you can clean them without the bacteria just builds up inside.:scared1:

Denise in MI

They have them plugged I believe, not sure on specifics but it just a big bathtub now. Next time I go I will take a closer look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter