Jet ski rental at casyaway cay

Kendal

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any info in this wether its still offered... The cost, how long,,, more than one rider...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

As far as I know, and from when I did it, you can't rent them. It's an excursion that is regulated and already mapped out for you by a guide.

As far as I know, and from when I did it, you can't rent them. It's an excursion that is regulated and already mapped out for you by a guide.

Was thi any fun?? Did u get any playtime like wave jumping or goin fast cutting up or just a slow excursion

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No going fast and no jumping waves. It is a "tour" where you follow a guide. I have not done this tour but have read many posts on it. I found most info by reading trip reports. Everyone says it's fun though.pirate:

My 23 year old son did this excursion in March when we were there. He expected it to be a very slow moving excursion where he had to follow behind the instructor. He has a jet ski and uses it on the Columbia River where we live. There were a couple others in the group who also had experience with jet skis. The instructor let them play around on them and even let them get going pretty fast. It was a very smooth day on the water so no wave jumping, and maybe this is why the instructor let them play around a bit. I can tell you that my son said it was the most fun he has ever had. He and my husband are booked for this excursion again in September when we are there.

My 23 year old son did this excursion in March when we were there. He expected it to be a very slow moving excursion where he had to follow behind the instructor. He has a jet ski and uses it on the Columbia River where we live. There were a couple others in the group who also had experience with jet skis. The instructor let them play around on them and even let them get going pretty fast. It was a very smooth day on the water so no wave jumping, and maybe this is why the instructor let them play around a bit. I can tell you that my son said it was the most fun he has ever had. He and my husband are booked for this excursion again in September when we are there.
I used to take my jet ski out in the Columbia River Gorge and got plenty of wave jumping in, some days the waves were insane. I bet it would be a blast to be on a jet ski around the Island. I thought about booking one in May but it was a little spendy and was cancelled anyway because of the wind.

I too have done the excursion and had the wave runner wide open. Plenty of opportunity to hall butt.

We did this excursion in May. (DH, DD10, DD11 and me). Some folks went fast, some folks were very slow. There was a guide in front and a guide who stayed behind with the slower group. It was fun

I agree with the above poster- if you want to go fast and jump waves they definitely let you and if you want to go slow, someone will stay back with you. Most people in our group went very fast, I wish it was slow and relaxing but it was anything but that! :)

Any idea if this excursion sells out early? I'd like to book for my boys (at 90 days out) but also want my nephew to go, and my sister won't be able to book until 75 days out.

As soon as your day approaches try to book it -- it fills up quickly...not Cabana quickly, but fast!

Any idea if this excursion sells out early? I'd like to book for my boys (at 90 days out) but also want my nephew to go, and my sister won't be able to book until 75 days out.

For what it's worth.. Our cruise in aug is pretty much sold out. I did my on line check in at midnight at 90 days. I noticed the double riders were already sold out and single riders were still available.

As soon as your day approaches try to book it -- it fills up quickly...not Cabana quickly, but fast!

For what it's worth.. Our cruise in aug is pretty much sold out. I did my on line check in at midnight at 90 days. I noticed the double riders were already sold out and single riders were still available.

Thanks! If I remember correctly, I can't book my nephew's Jet Ski excursion since he's not on our stateroom reservation, right?

Note that they usually have additional availability on board. So as soon as you board, go to the excursion's desk to find out of any open spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter