Jet Blue tells passenger to sit on the toilet

I think there is more to the story, and I'm interested in the complete details. With that being said, if it is true, he has every right to sue, what Jet Blue did was incredibly unsafe. They violated FAA rules.

I find it hard to believe that if that was any one of us, that we wouldn't be suing too. If it is true, and that was the pilots decision, his license should be revoked, that would be beyond poor judgement.

I really have a hard time believing this is true. If it is, this has to be a violation about a dozen different FAA regulations, the pilot would know better. I'm waiting for the other side of the story on this one.

MTE.

There must be more to the story.

This is beyond ridiculous. Dying to see what World News Tonight has to say about it.
Really hard to believe that this happened.
Kerri

I don't believe it. The other passengers would be ticked that one lav was essentially "out of order". If it is true, he should have plenty of witnesses. I will not believe it until at least one comes forward.

How many seats are on the plane and how many toilets? Nobody was complaining about the "occupied" lavatory? Why did it take months to file the lawsuit? Sorry, I don't buy this story. If it did happen, he should be compensated EXACTLY the monetary amount he PAID for the flight!

I don't believe it. The other passengers would be ticked that one lav was essentially "out of order". If it is true, he should have plenty of witnesses. I will not believe it until at least one comes forward.

I agree, the sniff test fails miserably. Heck, I would take the jump seat for all the legroom! No needto send me to the bathroom!

I hope we don't have to wat too long to find out both sides.

Frankly, if I was sent to sit in the toilet, I would have made a big stink (so to speak:lmao: ). There would be PLENTY of witnesses.;)

No confirmation on the news yet. The longer it goes without a credible news story reporting some corroberation, the more likely this story is all a fabrication.

How many seats are on the plane and how many toilets? Nobody was complaining about the "occupied" lavatory? Why did it take months to file the lawsuit? Sorry, I don't buy this story. If it did happen, he should be compensated EXACTLY the monetary amount he PAID for the flight!

Does that mean that if you bought a ticket across the country, you would be happy to sit in the lav?

Why? If true, they violated FAA regulations and they need to be held accountable; first to the FAA and then to the passenger.

You aren't saying that $2 million is reasonable,are you?:confused3

Maybe he will get lucky and get the judge who wanted a couple million from the dry cleaner for his pants.;)

No confirmation on the news yet. The longer it goes without a credible news story reporting some corroberation, the more likely this story is all a fabrication.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24585615/

Is MSNBC "credible"? Clearly Jet Blue will not and can not comment on the subject of litigation. The FAA will do the bulk of the investigation because the accusation is a serious violation. I don't think we will hear anything for a while.

Actually, he doesn't deserve anything, even if the airline did what he claims, because he was a non-rev. The airline may be subject to a fine, but I want every penny of that should go to the treasury, a punitive fine paid to the FAA.

Actually, he doesn't deserve anything, even if the airline did what he claims, because he was a non-rev. The airline may be subject to a fine, but I want every penny of that should go to the treasury, a punitive fine paid to the FAA.

I would disagree. Flying free doesn't mean someone should be subjected to flying "unsafe". If the airline is fined, every penny should go to the treasury and if his lawsuit prevails, every penny of the award should go to him and his lawyer.

Please read the message you were replying to again, Dawn, more closely this time. There is no corroboration of the claim in the article; the article (which I read earlier, today) contains no quotes by other passengers, nothing other than what the complainant claimed.

And I don't think we will see any one way or the other until the investigation is complete. If the manifest matches the number of seats, there is no case. If they have an 'extra passenger", he may have a suit.

I would disagree. Flying free doesn't mean someone should be subjected to flying "unsafe".
No one said it did. Who are you arguing with, Dawn?

The issue is that a complainant should recover damages in a lawsuit, how much the complainant actually lost. Even if the claim was 100% true, the loss is worth $500, or less. Your implication that the $2 million is anywhere close to reasonable is way off target.

I really have a hard time believing this is true. If it is, this has to be a violation about a dozen different FAA regulations, the pilot would know better. I'm waiting for the other side of the story on this one.

That was my thought. The story is just too far out there to be true. There has to be more to it than the press is telling. You may have noticed they're only telling one side, so far. I think it's all about selling the story.

When Mutlu expressed reluctance to go sit in the bathroom, the pilot, who was not named in the lawsuit, told him that ''he was the pilot, that this was his plane, under his command that (Mutlu) should be grateful for being on board,'' the lawsuit said.

Here is the most telling thing, the pilot who made him do this was not a part of the suit! Sounds a little stinky to me. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter