Jet Blue now charging for checked baggage.

manning

Just for that I have requested it
Wonder when Southwest will.

Next will be carry on then what you are wearing

JetBlue has gone downhill. Poor customer service and flight experiences really turned us off to them. And now charging for baggage? Nothing sets them apart from the big (bad) guys now. Such a shame.

JetBlue is charging for a checked bag if you buy a ticket in their lowest fare class, Blue. You get one free checked bag if you buy a Blue Plus fare and two free checked bags if you buy a Blue Flex or a Mint fare.

It's a weird structure. I just looked at it before I came over to the Dis. The first checked bag cost is more than the difference between Blue and Blue Plus. It's a small savings to book the lowest class and do only the two carry on things. Going to get uglier in the overhead compartments. Sigh. I have no choice other than drive 3 hours one way for Southwest at another airport, and that negates all savings.

I am surprised they took this long. Pretty soon no one is going to be checking bags in. I know many who just use a carry on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter