• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jet Blue May 09

DisMomAmy

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when Jet Blue will release May tickets? I just booked our flight down to Orlando in April but still need to book the return flight. Just wondering approximately when I'll be able to do that. I usually fly Southwest so I'm not too familiar with Jet Blue's release schedule. Thanks!

I called Jet Blue today and the woman said that it would at least be a good month before May is released. Apparently April was just released- which I kind of figured was the case. I checked it a while back and April hadn't been released, but I wasn't checking it religiously so I didn't know exactly when the schedule came out.

Anyone have any guesses better than "at least a good month" from now?

Thanks Mike&Kris - I still haven't found an answer. I emailed JetBlue and they replied that they are still working on their schedule and I will be free to purchase tickets as soon as they are released. Just in case I hadn't figured that out on my own. :rolleyes1

I'm waiting for May, too...But since I am currently unemployed, I think I can wait a bit..lol...Just hope the flights BOS-MCO in May will be cheaper than Aprils:scared1:

I'm waiting for May, too...But since I am currently unemployed, I think I can wait a bit..lol...Just hope the flights BOS-MCO in May will be cheaper than Aprils:scared1:

Amen to that, SLC to MCO and we are talking in the $450 to $550 range :scared1: I am watching Jet Blue and Southwest and am hoping for a $300 pp roundtrip.:wizard:

I spoke to JetBlue and they said possibly beginning of November. Usually about 5-6 months out, so I am figuring end of November. We, too, are waiting on May to be released to get our return flights. BOS - MCO was only $104 pp for us, I hope MCO-BOS is similar. We do want a Saturday nonstop return so who knows.

Add another fare watcher for JetBlue in May on the list! We have an upcoming May 09 WDW trip and are deciding if we are going to fly or drive down. I vote for flying, but my DH wants to drive. If I can find a realistic flight I think I can convince him to fly.

Last year JetBlue released their fares for 5/1/2008 to 9/02/8 on December 27,2007. We paid $144.00 for our MCO/BOS flight right when they were released. If I remember correctly the fares did decrease from that initial price. Hope this helps someone.

Last year JetBlue released their fares for 5/1/2008 to 9/02/8 on December 27,2007. We paid $144.00 for our MCO/BOS flight right when they were released. If I remember correctly the fares did decrease from that initial price. Hope this helps someone.

Yes, it does. Thank you.

I was just going to post this question, i'm hoping to get a good price on flights from Washington to Cancun and then back to Orlando.
Hope it's soon...

I hope we don't have to wait until December 27th this year!! Southwest comes out with their May tickets November 20th. I hope JetBlue does theirs around the same time. I'd prefer to fly JetBlue back so we can fly into the same airport, but if I can find a great deal on Southwest I might want to grab it - but that would mean arranging transportation other than parking our own car at the airport for the week. :confused3

Airtran has some good deals for May 2nd, but I'm not sure that I can trust them... :rolleyes1

I wrote them recently because we are traveling May 3-16. Here is their response. (sorry it doesn't really help, but they are aware we are waiting)

Thank you for your email to JetBlue Airways regarding the date our extended JetBlue flight schedule
will be published. We appreciate the opportunity to answer your question.

We recognize that you are anxious to make your future travel plans, and regret any inconvenience the
wait may be causing.

Because we're busy adding new flights, new aircraft and new cities, we've been keeping our schedules
short term. We are trying to spare our customers the inconvenience of having the schedules change
after they have already purchased their tickets.

As our Marketing and Scheduling Departments work together to coordinate this growth, our schedule
date is extended and becomes available for purchase. We are not advised ahead of time a specific
release date for the new flight schedule. We encourage you to stay tuned to jetblue.com for the
announcement; when the dates you are looking for are released, you may book immediately online, or
call us at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) and one of our Reservation Crewmembers will be happy to assist
you.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We hope to welcome you onboard a future JetBlue
flight.

Sincerely,

Customer Commitment Crew

That's the same kind of response I got when I emailed them back a while ago...

Let's hope they hear our cries for the May schedule and release it soon because there's no way I'm flying Southwest after I saw their May rates. :scared1:

The waiting is driving me nuts.....:sad2: .
I would like the first flight out of NY and I am hoping that they will not start charging for the first bag....like Airtran.

The Airtran schedule is already out....but they charge for the first bag.
With a family of six....that can add up pretty quickly.
Then you have to pay to select your seats ahead of time.
Another fee that Jet Blue has not started to charge.
Six bag fees....six seat selection fees.....that can start to add up! $$$$

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the schedule will come out real soon.....with no additional fees.

Southwest pricing for May comes out on Dec 9th. JetBLue usually is fairly close to Southwest, so I woiuld expect some new shortly.

I spoke with a Jetblue representative on Friday and she told me the schedules were loaded, just waiting on pricing. I spoke with her at about 3pm that afternoon, and she told me to check back Friday night or Saturday, they should have everything loaded by then. Today is Sunday and obviously, still nothing. Although I was not too optimistic that they would be adding their schedule over a weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter