Jet Blue / JFK

ZPT1022

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Dr
Has anyone ever flown on Jet Blue and what did you think of it? We are strongly considering it for our trip in October, as it seems that we can travel on our preferred dates at a savings of at least $200 from what we have found on other airlines. Also, if anyone has any comments on JFK as I have never flown out of there, we usually use BDL (hartford/springfield). Thanks in advance! :)

Jet blue is an awesome airline... there are a few threads on this airline, just go back about 2-3 pages and read.... I flew with them last year from Syracuse, to JFK, to Orlando (and then back up) and I cant say anything bad about them.

We flew Jet Blue for the first time last May.

Jet Blue is a nice airline. While their fare didn't save us much of anything, the TV's at every seat were cool.

As for JFK...................................................it is a royal pain in the rump, especially compared to an airport like BDL. We won't go through the hassle of JFK again unless we save a substantial amount on the tickets. From the parking lot to the terminal took us an hour :(. The traffic, the layout of the terminals...........yuck!

As for your savings, beware the parking factor. Parking is more expensive at JFK that BDL. Factor in that, as well as gas and tolls, to figure out how much you will really save - and it may not be as much as you thought.

Parking is more expensive at JFK that BDL. Factor in that, as well as gas and tolls,

I don't recall paying any tolls when we've driven through NYC unless we keep going into NJ, so hopefully that wouldn't be a problem. As for parking and such, my FIL was going to drive us in to JFK and drop us off and then pick us up the day we arrive back. Nothing like being spoiled by door to door service ;) How much of a pain is JFK if you get dropped off and don't have to worry about parking and such? Can we even do that? I was just assuming we could. Savings would be at least $200, that is just on airfare alone, not counting the extra night we would have to stay in order to fly Delta on a Tuesday in order to get lower rates, plus that still isn't even a direct flight. To me it doesn't make sense to fly into Cleveland from MCO and then to continue on home :confused: The direct flight was a big consideration since we will be traveling with a two year old and the thought of having to take the car seat out, get the stroller again and change planes just seemed crazy :) It will likely be interesting enough already ;) Thanks for the opinions though! I will definitely keep those things in mind! :)

I never fly with jet blue but was thinking the same thing. also you will have tolls from connecticut. there is a $1 toll on I95 and then you have the white stone bridge Toll figure $10 round trip for all the tolls. What was the price you got for your flight just for a comparison from BDL and JFK

Vinnie C, we usually take I-84 maybe that is why we haven't encountered those tolls? We were looking at a flight out of Bradley, which is around $270 per person (x3 people) or Jet Blue which was going to be approx $190 after the taxes and fees. One of the biggest conveniences was that with Jet Blue it would be a direct flight, whereas flying out of BDL on Delta we were going to stop in Cleveland to get the cheapest fare, the fares increased even more to have the stop be in Atlanta and even more than that for a direct flight. I hope this helps you.

Becky

Tolls - in order to get to JFK you will have to go over either the Throgs Neck, Whitestone, ot Triboro bridges (unless you have a boat ;)) and the toll is $3.50 each way.

As for getting dropped off, sure you can do that and it will save you the parking. That would eliminate some of the JFK headache. Just leave time to account for traffic (the other bad thing about JFK), which can be bad depending on time of day.

YOu are right, the consideration of a direct flight on the day you want is a huge one. That, combined with a savings, would get me to put up with the hassle of JFK.

I assume you exhausted all other options. $190 r/t isn't bad, but it isn't the greatest rate either. I assume you checked Delta/Song out of LGA and JFK? We have done well with them, and our December flight is $159 r/t, all taxes and fees included.

Can't you fly Southwest cheap out of Bradley?

I usually fly out of JFK (I am in southern Ct.) For me it is about same distance, but my parents live real close to JFK and I am used to it. Jet Blue has low hassle factor compared to most of the bigger airlines. It also has a play area for young kids. They are a great airline.

$200 per ticket or for your entire party? Jet Blue is great but getting to JFK will involve gas, tolls, traffic and parking. If the total for your group is $200 it might not be worth it.

jetblue is great, I've flown them several times and have never had a problem. The worst thing about jfk is parking, which you won't have to deal with. Having a 2yo myself, I'd definitely go with a direct flight over a connecting one even if it were a few dollars more.

$200 per ticket or for your entire party? Jet Blue is great but getting to JFK will involve gas, tolls, traffic and parking. If the total for your group is $200 it might not be worth it.

around $200 for our entire party (3 people). I've been told round trip tolls should be about $10 and a tank of gas is $22 for us, and we can make it to NJ and back on one tank of gas without pushing our luck, so thats not too bad. Lucky for us no parking to deal with, my DFIL would be happy to drive us down there. So it looks like with two tanks of gas and tolls we're looking at around $50 which is still a savings of about $150. Plus we get the direct flight. Thank you all so much for your help, Jet Blue sounds like such a fantastic airline, we're so excited. Honeymom, can you tell me any more about the play area for the kids? DD will be two when we go so that might be a good way for her to pass some time before we go (and increase the chance of napping on the plane;) ) :)

Try Song...I priced them out of LGA for the end of Oct and got a rate of $140 rt. Plus LGA is 20 min closer than JFK.

Good Luck

TTFN

Jetsetter90

Just to let you know, I have been looking for fares for end of sept and from BDL and I got a rates of $170 per person throught delta and it is a direct flight

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter