• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jet Blue Flight Change?

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Ijust got off the phone with Jet Blue b/c i was going to change our flight from Sunday and leave 2 days earlier on Friday... my son had a dr. apt i was able to change.. so i figured lets get 2 extra days in ... well. I called Jet Blue and explained how the apt was changed and would validate it with a dr. note and they still said they would change $400 to change the flights... has anyone had them waive the fee...??

nope... it's a $150.00 per ticket to change. I got to the airport alone last trip 3 hours before my left. I saw another flight leaving earlier with plenty of seats available- and they still wouldn't let me switch without the $150.00 fee. That's another reason I like Southwest- no fee transfers!:confused3

No. In fact, my brother cancelled a Sunday flight on Friday due to weather, and flew a different airline on Saturday to be sure to get to his destination on time. Jet Blue charged him $100 to cancel. THEN Jet Blue cancelled his original flight. No credit, no refund, no voucher, no waiver. His fault for not waiting.

I, it turns out, fractured a rib in the airport on my way home that same week. Jet Blue would have charged me $100 to cancel/reschedule my flight, with or without a doctor's note, plus I would have had to pay whatever the fare was the day I DID end up flying - so I went home anyway.

But, in all honesty, being able to cancel a doctor's appointment doesn't seem like it would even be a valid consideration for a waiver of a change fee :confused:

I will be flying southwest next year.. with/without the satellite tv!! Last year Jet Blue called and changed our flight time 4x and even asked us to be bumped and I didnt complain.. oh well.. I learned from my mistake..

Back when the fees were only $25 to change, I suffered an injury which forced us to cancel our plans. They waived the fee and didn't even ask to see verification. However, we fly Jetblue exclusively and our history shows that we use them alot. I'm pretty sure that was taken into consideration. But times are different now.

Every airline with the exception of SW charges to change /cancel flights.

While we may not like it it is clearly stated in the fare rules. If you want a move flexible ticket you will need to spend more. No I do not like it, but I understand the rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter