Jet Blue? changing fares daily

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi-anyone else notice this? Looking for air fare for this late August. I check prices in the morning, and by night they've changed! I don't remember them changing throughout the day-over night I can see. Anyone else seeing this? Unfortunately, the fares usually is higher when I check later in the day!

I've seen it happen. With all the airlines.

If they sell out of the seats they've allotted for that lower price, they bump the price up for the next set of seats. There's time's I've not been able to get my family of 4 for all the same price because they only had 3 seats at the lower price.

But they might do the same thing again sometime in the future....it doesn't mean that lower price will never return. It might mean that, but it might not.

I've had it change in minutes. It is all based on a computer program and percentage sold etc so one time fiance bought the last ticket available at a price point (they didn't tell us that) and as soon as he was done buying on points he processed mine on cash and the price was roughly 50 more each way.

I guess the lesson is, when you see a good fare to jump on it! I'm trying to coordinate fares with what is available at DVC. Maybe I should just book BLT and hope for air fare to come down a bit, and get the dates I want at BL. I have stickies and notes all over!

Yes. I booked our JetBlue flights. Out of curiousity I kept checking prices. They went down! Then back up. Then down again. Etc etc.

I guess the lesson is, when you see a good fare to jump on it! I'm trying to coordinate fares with what is available at DVC. Maybe I should just book BLT and hope for air fare to come down a bit, and get the dates I want at BL. I have stickies and notes all over!
That's the worst! I'm never sure which to book first. I'm beginning to think that if I'm not sure about my DVC dates, and availability, I should start booking with SW! At least I can change my flights with no charges...just pay the difference in fare!

Yes, they are up and down. More so than ever lately. I'm watching my fares for three different trips.

I downloaded an app named Hopper where it watches your fares and advises when to book. This is the first time using it, so I can't comment on reliability, but I like the concept.

I'm currently looking at JetBlue for our vacation in October. Coming from Boston to Orlando. I'm not very educated on flight costs..etc. For the last week or so, total cost for 2 adults and 2 kids under 10 is $2,881 (non-stop) Saturday to Saturday. The return flight is double the cost of the departure. That seems high to me, but I am wrong? or should I wait and see if it drops? Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

I'm currently looking at JetBlue for our vacation in October. Coming from Boston to Orlando. I'm not very educated on flight costs..etc. For the last week or so, total cost for 2 adults and 2 kids under 10 is $2,881 (non-stop) Saturday to Saturday. The return flight is double the cost of the departure. That seems high to me, but I am wrong? or should I wait and see if it drops? Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

Is your return day a holiday by any chance?

We're leaving Boston on the 21st, and returning on the 28th.

I figured flying Saturday to Saturday might raise prices, but this seems quite high. I'm hoping it comes down.

I figured flying Saturday to Saturday might raise prices, but this seems quite high. I'm hoping it comes down.

I booked 4 tickets for September, ny to Orlando. I did the middle category that includes one checked luggage per person. For all 4 it was $1,009.60.

I keep checking out of curiosity and at one point same flights went to $3300! Now it's back down to $2400. But still way, way more than I paid.

Wow, that's a good price! I hope I get somewhere near that eventually. I'm doing the middle option as well. It's been stuck at $2881.60.

I'm going to keep checking back. There's still a lot of seats left, but I'll feel better once it's booked!

Wow, that's a good price! I hope I get somewhere near that eventually. I'm doing the middle option as well. It's been stuck at $2881.60.

I'm going to keep checking back. There's still a lot of seats left, but I'll feel better once it's booked!

I booked feb 5th the day the next set of dates were released including mine. Yeah, we def got a good price thankfully

Delta has tickets for $243.60 each..so $974.40 total for your family...both flights would have a layover..there was only one flight out on 10/21 11am-4:58pm with 1 hr40 min layover in LGA..and there were multiple flights on 10/28 that would work...I did price this for main economy so you would be able to pick seats since you are traveling with kids and includes a carry on bag per passenger...hope this helps!

I just looked at your dates. You could get it for $1800 if you're flexible on times. I know, not ideal times but it would save $1000

Thank you for the responses! I will try those suggestions if I'm really stuck with the flight prices. I'm trying to stick with non-stop and the times I've chosen (the less take off and landing for my brain, the better!), but I'll be flexible if need be.

I'm going to give it more time and see what happens. Based on what I've read, I'm not in the 'prime booking' window yet, so I'm hoping things drop to under 2000. Flights can fluctuate so much, it's crazy.

Mine were nonstop options. Outbound flight would be around 1230-330. And return would be 845pmish - 1145pm. So def not ideal times. But def doable and for a savings of $1000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter