Jet Blue bag fees changed again

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Good luck to all JetBlue flying folks in figuring out your bag fee :sad2: this is a bit next level doing peak/non-peak on top of before 24 hours/within 24 hours

JetBlue's newest chart can be found here

That’s interesting how the landscape has changed after the pandemic.

When we flew domestically, it was always Jet Blue when possible.
One of our hacks was to carry unchecked bags until boarding was called. Invariably, the crew looked for volunteers to check bags free of charge. Didn’t change how we packed but was nice to get on and off the plane, arms free.

Seems like another way to make their fares APPEAR lower to someone who doesn't fly a lot when shopping online and comparing prices. TOTAL fare will be a combination of base fare + seat assignment + checked/carryon fees. Practices/prices for these vary by airline.

Now required or still optional? I’ve never paid for a seat assignment on a domestic flight 😱
It could depend on fare class. I believe Basic Economy (Blue Basic on JB) doesn't include picking your seat at the time of reservation. You could always wait for the airline to assign you a seat for free in these cases, usually about 24 hours before the flight. (It may actually be assigned when you check in for your flight, I've never purchased this fare class.)

It could depend on fare class. I believe Basic Economy (Blue Basic on JB) doesn't include picking your seat at the time of reservation. You could always wait for the airline to assign you a seat for free in these cases, usually about 24 hours before the flight. (It may actually be assigned when you check in for your flight, I've never purchased this fare class.)

I have done Blue Basic a few times now. If booked far enough out you MAY be able to pick and purchase seats in advance. If you choose not to pay or are unable too it will be assigned to you either when you check in or even as late as at the gate when you arrive.

I traveled on a BB fare last summer and purchased my seats when I purchased the fare each way. Last December when I traveled BB I was unable to purchase seats in advance. For the outbound flight I was assigned seats at the 24 hour mark when I checked in. For the inbound flight my seats were assigned at the gate. We were actually just about the last ones on the flight. If my DD had been older they would have assigned us an EMS exit row but she missed by a year. We ended up being assigned EMS middle seats in different rows. My daughter said she loved not having to sit next to me :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yet another reason I cherish my JetBlue Plus card. I know TrueBlue points are not worth nearly as much as other currencies but the AF pays for itself just from the bag check fees alone.
Yeah between bag check fees and the 5000 annual points with the plus card its well worth it to me.

As far as the points I find them to be pretty good - and far better than say TAP - the tap points are almost worthless.
That is one CC I regret getting.

JetBlue charges around 18 per seat if you want to sit in an aisle or window seat now. For about half the plane. That just started a month ago. These are not even more space seats. Those are the same as always and more expensive. This includes blue fares also

Sadly they are changing. They don’t make money and are trying to make profit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter