• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jessica's Make-A-Wish Trip :)

I know I can't believe it :woohoo: we are so excited :dance3: this will be our first family trip to anywhere not counting Grandma's house.

Our Wish Trip was our very first family vacation ever!!! It was Awesome!! And then 4 months after we were back I won a 3 day stay in Galveston Tx about 3 hrs from us!! It was like WDW was a lucky charm for us or something!!! We won so many dreams there and then the vacation afterwards!! Ya'll will have a blast!!

As far as the PassPort goes when we went our boys were given one at the first kidcot station we went to. Then they stamped it at each one. We only did 3 I believe. I'll have to get the Passports out and look at them. I'm going to do some more research but when we were there in 07 they were giving them out not just to us but all the kids around our station that didn't have one. Of course that was in 07 I'll look around and see what I can find out for you.

Is it a long trip? We flew from one corner of the country to the other, so we planned lots of things to make the flight time go by.

We are coming from Michigan...

I don't think there is a "free" passport. I think you have to purchase it at Epcot. Here is a link that shows you what they look like.

http://www.mouseshoppe.com/Merchant5...egory_Code=245

Here is a link to a thread where a Disboards Designer created one that you can print for yourself...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1509917

Thanks so much for the links.... I am going to try a get DD a set of both an autograph book and a passport...

As far as the PassPort goes when we went our boys were given one at the first kidcot station we went to. Then they stamped it at each one. We only did 3 I believe. I'll have to get the Passports out and look at them. I'm going to do some more research but when we were there in 07 they were giving them out not just to us but all the kids around our station that didn't have one. Of course that was in 07 I'll look around and see what I can find out for you.

Cool...free is always better. Maybe there are two different ones.

O.k. What I just pulled up the Passports cost @$9 or they will give each child a free mask that they can color and get stamped at each station.
Maybe the Passports we got were part of the Year of a million Dreams celebration and I didn't realize it. Goodness knows we got a ton of Dreams while we were there.
Or those sites that 5dwarves gave look good. I think I'll make some next time we get to take the boys.

Cool...free is always better. Maybe there are two different ones.

Yeah maybe it was just part of a give a way. Ours did not come in a book or set. We just got the passport and Braeton got a bunch of the stickers. i didn't think much of it at the time because almost every CM we saw gave Braeton a TON of stickers. But looking at the ones in the set, well that is the kind he got! Of course they ended up all over him and his chair before we were even out of the Park that day!!:rotfl:

Hi there!

I just wanted to chime in that my DD really enjoyed the kidcot stops on every trip - the free stuff and doing the passport. We felt buying the passport was worth it at around $10. Here is a link to BradK's guide to kidcot which is very helpful.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/kidcot/

Also, if you are really interested in character meetings, Steve Soares website is helpful with times, etc. if you are trying to find a certain character.

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

Have fun!
Jen

Your other 2 kids wishes sound pretty neat. i'd love to hear the police officer one!!;)
You will be surprised what all you will glean even with just 3 weeks to go. I was absorbing and changing plans up to the night we left!!! And then I LEFT my plan. Yep i Left that hard worked thing at home!!:rotfl: But i had been on these boards for quite a while and had written so much stuff down that I remebered the majority of it. Which is saying a lot if you knew how scatter brained I was!!!:rotfl:

Hi Bill!:goodvibes We were one of those families!!!:goodvibes We met up with Bill_Lin and family in AK and then bumped into them again the next day and watched Beuty and the Beast together. At AK I have great pics of our WISH kids haing a water fight with their Misters and then at MGM (Yeah I know the name has changed but I like MGM!!!:rolleyes1 ) Our WISH kids exchanged pins. It was really sweet.
We also got to meet the other WISH family that Bill and his family met at GKTW with a major spoiler for my TR that I have never finished I'll tell you we got to share a Dream we won for a meet and greet with Cinderella!! The other Wish childs wish was to see Cinderella which could not be granted due to it was part of the Dreams come True promo. Anyway I had exchanged cell #s and we were going to meet later that day. When we won the meet and greet I asked if the other family could have our wish as that was their WISh kids dream. The CM promptly said I'll do better than that they can share it with you. I called the other family up and said Meet me at such and such time. It was so neat. Their little girl was even wearing her Cinderella dress!!! The Dream CMs offered to let us have our own time or to share it. We wanted to share and they let us stay for a very long time. We have some very neat pics of all our kids. My boys had been crowned Prince of the Day earlier by another Dream CM and then with both of the girls in the other family wearing their Princess dresses The CMs were having fits!! Cinderella really made a big todo over them and it was just really special!!!
I'm so glad we were able to meet with these two very special families. It made the memories that much more special.
I would greatly suggest meeting up with other WIsh families if just for a few minutes to say Hi! Nobody understands like another WISH family even if the illnesses are totally different!!
i hope to follow along with this TR if my family could just stay out of the Hospital for a little while!!!;) DH was missing the food their so he decided to have trouble and get admitted last week for a while!!! I think he's decided he'll just eat my cooking for now!!!:rotfl: That's my story anyway!!!!;)

Ahem! We want pictures.

Ahem! We want pictures.

I do have them on CD. The problem is that when we evacuated for Ike I took all my pic CDs with me. When we got back I put them with the gazillion boxes we still have to unpack. So they are here, i just have to finish unpacking so I can find them AGAIN!! And then I'll finish my TR, but I'll get your e-mail or send you a link to my photobuckt account where you can get copies if you want.

I'm so sorry I have not updated in a while we our sick here :( We have all caught the flu or some sort of cold. I will try to post something soon. I hope we get over this before DD's trip :( I would hate to miss it cause of this..

I hope you are all feeling better by now! Only 1 week and 5 days! :cool1:
I hope y'all have a blast and I can't wait to read all about your trip!!

:sick: Hopefully you are getting all of the sickness out of the way!!!

We were sickness free...until our first night. :sick:

So maybe this is a good thing...that you get well before you go!! :)

And if in doubt...your doctor can sign a form for you to postpone it...but that is a last resort, I suppose.

Hang in there!!!!!

Thanks everyone :) I am feeling much better today. I am going to try and post my other two wish kids stories soon. If you would like to read more about them and what we have been through from birth till now you can go to our website Whaley's Angels I am working on trying to update that as well. I will try to get some done tonight.

Thanks again Tammy :)

Wish granted on Mach 19, 2008

We all knew exactly what his answer would be when the Make A Wish people asked him that wonderful question “So Curtis if you could have one special wish what would it be?” His answer of course “I wish to be a cop." His father and I have know that answer for a long time now, cause you see Curtis has LOVED anything and everything having to do with cops for a long time now. He has watched the show C.O.P.S. religiously for years and he is always playing cops. So when it came time for his wish we knew he would have a wonderful time. The MAW foundation sent us to Grand Rapids MI and put us up in the beautiful Amway Grand Hotel for a 4-day 3-night stay. The day we checked in was great they showed us were or room was and it was meet with lots of Ooo’s and Aaa’s from all the kids. The view was over looking city and it was beautiful. That night we were invited to a basketball game between the Grand Rapids police and the bankers the police won the game… YEAH!! :woohoo: While we were there, we meet Lt. Mason after the game he told us to go and get lots of sleep because they had a big day planed for us the next day. That day we had to raise early cause Curtis was to report for duty at 9:00 am. We arrived at the Kent Co. police station and were greeted with a Welcoming committee. We had a wonderful day. We got to tour the whole police department, they took Curtis for a ride in a police cruiser, they showed us how they train there dogs, let Curtis shoot a gun, and showed him the teaser gun and pepper spray plus lodes more. At the end of our day we were ushered into there staff room and was meet with at lest 30 police officers they took Curtis up to the front of the room and gave him the Oath Of Honesty and then officially presented him with the American flag. It was a wonderful day but unbeknownst to us there was more to come that evening. We were invited to the MAW Grand Rapids Gala they told us they had something special planed for Curtis that night. We arrived at the Gala not knowing what to expect the ballroom was wonderfully decorated to look like a castle with a mote around it. We had a vary tasty meal and listened to the MAW people do there speeches. Then they called for Curtis to come up to the front of the room. He was vary nervous and somewhat hesitated at first so his dad went up with him. They asked him what he did that day and he told them (with help from dad) everything that he saw and got to do. So then, they told him they had something special to give him. They called for Lt. Mason (who had been hiding out in the back of the room so we would not see him) to come up. He made his way to the front and stood next to Curtis he talked briefly with him about what he did that day then told Curtis that a few of his friends would like to meet him and give him something special. He then called out an order for them to come forward and from the back of the room came so many officers that I lost count after 50…. They all lined up in front of Curtis and you should have seen the smile on his face. They presented him with a police uniform with a badge, a hat, a scanner and swore him in as the first honorary Grand Rapids police officer. After the swearing in ceremony was done all the officers gave him a salute before leaving the room. It was awesome I must say. However, that is not the end … LOL!!! The next day two officers in and armored swat vehicle picked us up. That was really cool. We went and toured the Grand Rapids police department and then went and toured the jail. That part was a little weird because they took us to the part were the inmates were kept we got to see them in there cells. When we went through the booking and releasing rooms Curtis was noticed by some of the inmates there. They were like “Hay aren’t you that kid from the TV news.” (Oh yeah I forgot the tell you that we were on two or three different news channels) We took pics of almost everything I will try to get them uploaded onto here for you all to see. IT WAS AN AWESOME TRIP!!! I am glad I got to share it with you all. Next up Brandon’s wish…. :love:

That is SOOOOOO cool!!

Curtis the Cop! :)

It sounds like they went out of their way to make a wonderful time!!

I can't believe the inmates recognized him! You have to be a serious celebrity for the inmates to recognize you!! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to hear about Brandon's wish! :yay:

Brandon's story is much shorter... But still wonderful... LOL

Brandon is our youngest child he is 10 and non-verbal. When MAW asked us what we thought Brandon would like my first thought was a shopping spree at Toys-R-Us but then my DH said "How about we get him something that will last a long time. Something he can enjoy as he gets older. Why don't we get him a fenced in play area with a swing set." I thought that was a great idea cause he simply loves playing outside and he loves to swing and it would be something he could enjoy as he gets older. We had it put in last summer. First they had someone come out to take a look at our back yard and see were we could put it. A few weeks later they came and put up a fence with a gate. Then a week or so after that they came and put the set in. It has two swings in the middle with a rope swing off one end. It also has a latter going up to a little clubhouse thing, off one side of the clubhouse is a slide and off the other side is a climbing wall. Then it also has a place for a bar swing. We also got a hammock swing we put that on his old swing set. The day they put it in we had a wish volunteer call us up and said she would like to do something to make Brandon's day a little more special. I told her I don't know what could be better than this. She said she was going to have pizza and pop delivered and asked how many was in the family I told her 7 she said no your WHOLE family... I told her no that would be way to much cause we have a fairly large family (there is 20 or so) she said to tell her anyway. She has several delivered all with different toppings and a few things of pop. We invited the family down and all the kids played on the new swing. Brandon loves it and would play on it all day every day if he could. I will try and get some pics up for you all to see as soon as I figure out how... :surfweb: :confused3 :laughing:

Thanks so much for letting us share our stories with you :love:

Next up Jessica's story.... OMGosh I can't believe we leave tomorrow morning We are Soooo exicted... :woohoo: :dance3:

Thanks again Tammy :flower3:

ONE DAY LEFT!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:dance3: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Thank you for sharing Brandon's story! That sounds awesome! :) Something that will last is a great wish! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter