• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jesse's Wish Trip MAW!!!

JasmineOtt

Earning My Ears
Hi! My name is Jasmine and I am Jesse's older sister. My brother Jesse was just granted a wish from Make a Wish! We haven't met with his wish granters yet, but we are excited to start the planning process! We have a lot of questions we are anxious to have answered and would love any info or tips you can give us.

Cast of Characters:

Jesse, my brother is 18 years old and has severe Cerebral Palsy, a seizure disorder and is tube fed. He is non-verbal and cannot walk. He has been hospitalized (admitted) 60 times for a variety of reasons. He laughs and smiles and loves his family.

Me: My name is Jasmine. I am 22 years old and Jesse's older sister and respite caregiver.

My parents: Tammy and Steve. Married 30 years and parents to the four of us kids. My brothers Jared, 28, Jacob, 26, me, and Jesse. They are Jesse's primary caregivers.

We are also hoping to bring my husband, Tom and my son, Jayden, 16 1/2 months old. We would love to bring my older brothers, but don't know what it would cost and their availability.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I know many people have posted much more detail about the wish child's condition(s) than I have, so feel free if you have any question, ask away!

We're so excited to be beginning to plan this trip!

We have a date set to meet with Jesse's wish granters! August 11th!

Yeah for a date!! I can't wait to hear about how it went with the wish granters!! And just think the next big date you will get is the date of the trip!!! Hooray!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Jesse is lucky to have so many people in is life who are able to provide the care he needs. I have done a little respite care and I know it is a great benefit for the families. I'm sure your parents must feel blessed that all of you are able to help out like that. :goodvibes

I'll be checking back to see how your plans are coming!! :goodvibes

Let me know if you have any questions!!:confused3:confused::)

Happy Planning,

Madeline

Well, update to the plans. It's been awhile. But now we're meeting with the wish granters this Sunday!

Well, update to the plans. It's been awhile. But now we're meeting with the wish granters this Sunday!

Yeah for meeting with the wish granters!! I saw you post on the wish trippers thread and I am so happy for you I had to pop right in here and let you know!! :cheer2:

Have a great weekend, :goodvibes

Madeline

Jesse's wish granters came today! They were awesome. It definitely heightened our excitement to feel like this is actually going to happen, and possibly soon! Due to our schedules it looks like the only weeks we could all go as a family is during December or early January. I know that that's a busy time for Disney, but I hope MAW can make it work. We asked them about staying onsite because although GKTW is amazing, Jesse can do very little there, and the ease of being onsite rather than travelling would be a tremendous help. They said although they've never done a wish where the wish child stayed onsite at Disney, nothing is impossible. They weren't able to give us any concrete answers though. They said the wish coordinator makes all the decisions, they mostly take information back to her and she works out the details. So we hope that this part of the wish can come true, especially with our busy dates.

Jesse's wish granters came today! They were awesome. It definitely heightened our excitement to feel like this is actually going to happen, and possibly soon! Due to our schedules it looks like the only weeks we could all go as a family is during December or early January. I know that that's a busy time for Disney, but I hope MAW can make it work. We asked them about staying onsite because although GKTW is amazing, Jesse can do very little there, and the ease of being onsite rather than travelling would be a tremendous help. They said although they've never done a wish where the wish child stayed onsite at Disney, nothing is impossible. They weren't able to give us any concrete answers though. They said the wish coordinator makes all the decisions, they mostly take information back to her and she works out the details. So we hope that this part of the wish can come true, especially with our busy dates.

Hooray for meeting the wish granters!! pixiedust: I'm glad that all went so well!! :cheer2:

I hope that they can accommodate the dates you need and an onsite trip!!!

I can't wait to hear more!!

Happy Planning,

Madeline

This is our family on my wedding day, December 31st, 2011

My brother, Jacob; My mom, Tamara; My dad, Steve; Me (Jasmine); My husband, Tom; My brother, Jared; and Jesse, The wish boy!

Jared's girlfriend Eden, Jared, Mom (Tammy), Jesse (Wish kid), Dad (Steve), Jayden (my son), Tom (my husband), and Me (Jasmine)...:)

Jacob's missing from this pic because he was unable to visit, but we're still hoping he can join for the trip!

This was taken on my parent's 30th Anniversary, June 25th, 2013.

Jesse's wish granters giving him a key to the wishing room and a token for a wish. pixiedust:

Side note...Jesse LOVES balloons. He plays with them for as long as they have air.:)

I got pictures posted! :)

We're coming up on the two week mark since we met with Jesse's wish granters. They said it could take a couple weeks to get a coordinator and things set up. They told us if we hadn't heard anything in two and a half weeks to give them a call. Things are getting antsy. :goodvibes Sunday will be two weeks, so I guess we're going to have to wait a bit longer... :rotfl: Just so excited!

Guess we'll have to read more trip reports and look at more Disney stuff to pass the time...;)

Hooray for pictures!!! :dance3: What a cute little son you have!!! :goodvibes

Oh how I know the wait can be so tough!! I agree reading trip reports and Disney stuff helps to pass the time!!! :cheer2:

I can't wait to hear when you get news!!!

Madeline

So since we met with the wish granters on September 1st, it was one month yesterday. They told us it would take about two weeks to hear from a wish coordinator. We called one of Jesse's wish granters after about two and a half weeks and she said she would try calling to see why we hadn't been contacted. Well, she called today and said she still didn't know why we hadn't been contacted. So she called a different person and finally got an answer. The woman she had been calling doesn't work for Make A Wish anymore! :upsidedow So I guess now they're going to put a "rush" on it. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Thank you all for joining along! Hope everything is going well for all of you!

YAY!!! So glad you finally heard from the coordinator! It seems like it has been a long time for this part of the process for you all so I hope the rest of it goes off without any big bumps!!!

terra

So since we met with the wish granters on September 1st, it was one month yesterday. They told us it would take about two weeks to hear from a wish coordinator. We called one of Jesse's wish granters after about two and a half weeks and she said she would try calling to see why we hadn't been contacted. Well, she called today and said she still didn't know why we hadn't been contacted. So she called a different person and finally got an answer. The woman she had been calling doesn't work for Make A Wish anymore! :upsidedow So I guess now they're going to put a "rush" on it. Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Thank you all for joining along! Hope everything is going well for all of you!

Oh no... so you were waiting for a call from someone who doesn't work there. :confused::confused3:rolleyes: Good thing you thought to check on it!!!! :thumbsup2

I hope that the RUSH will mean you will be getting some good news soon!!! :idea:princess::wizard:

Happy Planning, :yay:

Madeline

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter