Jersey Week Peeps, what's your check out day?

Miss Hunnybee

Disney Fanatic
Hi there! They just bumped up the Crowd Levels on Touring Plans (yes, I'm one of those people ;)) for Jersey Week's weekend. I was just wondering, for those visiting during Jersey Week, are you checking out and heading home on Saturday or Sunday? And absolutely NO judgement or Jersey Shore jokes here, I'm originally from the Garden State and proud!!! :thumbsup2

What are the dates for Jersey Week this year? I will be there the 3rd-6th, but I think that's the beginning of the time frame, isn't it? I have a TP subscription but haven't looked. Doesn't matter since we're going anyway and will be at Epcot the whole time, so not much use in looking @ the calendars!

Technically it's November 10th - 12th, but a lot of families spend the week, making it approximately the 5th - 12th. I'm just trying to gage when folks are going home. They bumped Epcot up to a 9.8 :scared1: on the 12th, which seems REALLY high to me for mid-November.

Technically it's November 10th - 12th, but a lot of families spend the week, making it approximately the 5th - 12th. I'm just trying to gage when folks are going home. They bumped Epcot up to a 9.8 :scared1: on the 12th, which seems REALLY high to me for mid-November.

I'm not from Jersey but will be at the world 11/10 to 11/15.

I was at Epcot a few years ago for Veteran's Day weekend and have to believe the crowd level. Last weekend for Food & Wine Fest is insane! There were even long lines at the bathrooms.:scared1:

Here's some photos:
fw1.jpg

fw2.jpg

YIKES!!! But thank you for the photos! I was wondering why it was a 9.8. We always go to Food & Wine Fest on a Saturday in October and it is crowded, but never packed. Will definitely be avoiding Epcot on Friday the 11th and Saturday the 12th! Thanks again!

Heading home Sat. Nov. 12. Always go for Jersey week, and always notice a big increase in crowds the weekend we leave, since it's the end of F&W AND Veteran's Day.

not from jersey but we will be there nov 4th thru 11th. did jersey week 3 years ago and it did get progressively busier as the week went on. still not what i would call crazy busy and the weather was perfect!!:)

I agree with the OP the weather in November is normally close to perfection!

I suspect that has as much to do with it being closing weekend of Food & Wine as it does Jersey week, since the crowd levels for the other parks are still quite moderate. The last Saturday of F&W combined with the Veterans Day holiday is bound to mean a jump in local traffic at Epcot. Thurs and Fri look just as bad for EP even though the numbers for the other parks are much, much lower.

If you look just at EP it is the park to avoid for 9 of the 13 days the festival runs in Nov, and only seems to be recommended due to the 7 day rule for the duration of the festival. ESPN weekend was the same - Studios was the park to avoid for the entire event, but because it was something we wanted to see we braved it and aside from the special events/stage areas the crowds were quite moderate - 30min standbys for RnR & ToT, the usual 60-80min for TSM, no real lines to speak of (<15min) at the lesser attractions and character spots.

We're not Jersey people but that is our end of first term short week so we'll be there. We're leaving Disney on the 13th but the 11th is our last park day; for the Veterans Day weekend we'll be poolside at the Beach Club just relaxing.

I'm originally from NJ and all of my family & friends are still there. My wedding is the 11th and everyone arrives on the 8th/9th and leaves the 12th and 13th. We're there until the 16th so I'm hoping for the crowds to die down after the 13th. :thumbsup2

We're flying to Disney right after school on the 7th, and leaving Disney on Sunday the 13th. DS doesn't miss a day of school!

Heading home Sat. Nov. 12. Always go for Jersey week, and always notice a big increase in crowds the weekend we leave, since it's the end of F&W AND Veteran's Day.

not from jersey but we will be there nov 4th thru 11th. did jersey week 3 years ago and it did get progressively busier as the week went on. still not what i would call crazy busy and the weather was perfect!!:)

I agree with the OP the weather in November is normally close to perfection!

We'll be there from Nov 3 - 12th. And we aren't from Jersey...just worked out that way. :)

We're flying to Disney right after school on the 7th, and leaving Disney on Sunday the 13th. DS doesn't miss a day of school!

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTION!!! I really appreciate it. I hope you all have wonderful vacations :wizard:

I suspect that has as much to do with it being closing weekend of Food & Wine as it does Jersey week, since the crowd levels for the other parks are still quite moderate. The last Saturday of F&W combined with the Veterans Day holiday is bound to mean a jump in local traffic at Epcot. Thurs and Fri look just as bad for EP even though the numbers for the other parks are much, much lower.

If you look just at EP it is the park to avoid for 9 of the 13 days the festival runs in Nov, and only seems to be recommended due to the 7 day rule for the duration of the festival. ESPN weekend was the same - Studios was the park to avoid for the entire event, but because it was something we wanted to see we braved it and aside from the special events/stage areas the crowds were quite moderate - 30min standbys for RnR & ToT, the usual 60-80min for TSM, no real lines to speak of (<15min) at the lesser attractions and character spots.

We're not Jersey people but that is our end of first term short week so we'll be there. We're leaving Disney on the 13th but the 11th is our last park day; for the Veterans Day weekend we'll be poolside at the Beach Club just relaxing.

Great advice! I've never been over Veteran's Day weekend - just happened to fall that way in order to take advantage of the AP discount. We will definitely avoid EPCOT on Friday and Saturday, but will brave it on Sunday. Hoping for a quick walk around F&W Fest at 11:00 on the dot. Hopefully :-)worship:) crowds in Future World will be light as touringplans has that day below a 3...If not, then I will wish I had stayed by the pool at my resort as well. :thumbsup2

I'm originally from NJ and all of my family & friends are still there. My wedding is the 11th and everyone arrives on the 8th/9th and leaves the 12th and 13th. We're there until the 16th so I'm hoping for the crowds to die down after the 13th. :thumbsup2

CONGRATS!!!! I too am hoping the crowds will die down after the 12th - which is why I started this thread. Wishing you a PERFECT wedding weekend at Disney :wizard:

I will be there from the 2nd-11th... I have never been to the Food & Wine.. so we are heading down for our Anniversary. Very excited. But getting a little nervous with the crowd levels changing. I know Epcot will be packed, but does that go for all the parks too.?

Can you please share where you saw this..thanks!!

We are going from Nov 3-12th

Thanks!

I will be there from the 2nd-11th... I have never been to the Food & Wine.. so we are heading down for our Anniversary. Very excited. But getting a little nervous with the crowd levels changing. I know Epcot will be packed, but does that go for all the parks too.?

It made me NUTSO because Sunday is such a small crowd level that I made an itinerary and two ADR's. Then I saw Saturday's number and thought for sure Sunday might change also...So far, so good. From the 2nd to the 11th it looks like the best days for you to hit EPCOT are the 3rd, 6th and 7th. Don't worry, none of the other parks see such high numbers. Right now, only Hollywood Studios gets above a 5 (On the 10th and 11th), so you're good to go. Happy (early) Anniversary!

Leaving WDW and heading back to reality on Nov 12. :sad2:

Awwww! I'll be feeling the same way on the 20th :hug:

Can you please share where you saw this..thanks!!

Go to touring plans .com. With a paid subscription you can view the crowd calendar 365 days out. Without one, you can see the crowd calendar for the next thirty days. It's not always perfect, but it's a nice guide to have.

11/6-11/14. Will actually be at EPCOT on the 12:eek:, have an adr at Teppan Endo. I am staying at BCV so at least its an easy commute if it gets to be too much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter