• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jersey Week or Last week in October?

mystery222184

DIS Veteran
We are trying to decide which week to choose for our trip next year. We generally go in November/December for Christmas but would like to try Food & Wine! :thumbsup2

We thought Jersey week would work out well as we could do the Halloween Party, Food & Wine, and end with the Christmas Party. However, we know the crowds will increase, especially if the marathon is the same time. I'm sure the end of October would be calmer. I'm also uncertain if the flights will be much higher that week even well in advance (I'm traveling out of Newark, NJ)

Which would you choose?? :confused3

We just got back from doing the last week in October and I loved it. I found very reasonable airfare (from the Midwest). The crowds were low (I thought), the weather was perfect. I would definitely do the last week in October over Halloween, or the week before, again.

Jersey week flights out of Newark are crazy, even well in advance (about the same as Christmas).

We just got back from doing the last week in October and I loved it. I found very reasonable airfare (from the Midwest). The crowds were low (I thought), the weather was perfect. I would definitely do the last week in October over Halloween, or the week before, again.

Ditto this! We were there 10/24 - 11/1 and crowds were low [manageable] for the most part. Typical weekend F&W crowds, but we go against the grain most of Saturday to avoid the rush. Weather was perfect too. We'll be going back the same time next year [10/23 - 10/31].

we just got back from jersey week. the prices of flights were almost the cost of vacation @Disney World. we actually drove down and back. crowds were not that bad except at the first night of the christmas party.It was crowded. i usually fly out of newark too . i tried flight prices out of atlantic city , trenton, and philly.they were all expensive for jersey week this year . we did have a great time .:)

Just got back from jersey week at WDW and we loved it! I got lucky and found airfare back in March for $167 per person roundtrip, so the airfare did not kill us. We arrived 11/6 and left 11/12 so I cannot report what crowds were like before the 6th, but we were pleasantly surprised that it was not as crowded. We got on everything more than once. MK was our most visited park and lines did not get long besides Enchanted Tales with Belle. We go early and leave midday and come back night. The xmas party on Nov 8th was absolutely the highlight of our trip and we walked on everything! We were spoiled with amazing weather... November never lets me down, as unpredictable as the weather can be, we have been lucky that each of our Nov trips have had gorgeous weather. No rain, high 70's, low 80's, sunshine and breezy, no humidity! I never had to wear a hoodie.

My sister was just there the last week of October for her honeymoon and they also loved it, but it was much hotter than this past week was. It only rained on their last day and crowds were low to moderate.

I think either week is good. There was a lot more going on during Jersey Week and I was expecting much bigger crowds. I am glad I did because I was not disappointed, that's for sure! :thumbsup2

Just did the last week of October, and the crowds were quite manageable. Looking at the waits on the Lines app, it seems like the crowds picked up this week and last week. We are pretty good at adapting and changing to the situation, so we were pretty much always hitting rides with minimal waits.

We just got back, and jersey week crowds are not bad if you plan it out. But you have a better shot at free dining by going the last week in October

!

We just got back on Tuesday. We travel jersey week every year. This year was a little tough during the weekend probably because of the marathon. We tried food and wine but it was too crazy. The worlds were mobbed with people an hour after it opened.

We just got back on Tuesday. We travel jersey week every year. This year was a little tough during the weekend probably because of the marathon. We tried food and wine but it was too crazy. The worlds were mobbed with people an hour after it opened.
Same here we were their from the 1st to 13th and the worst crowds was at the festival. Even the 1st party which was sold out was not that bad
Was fun seeing the marathon from our balcony
Jersey week was really not that bad at all

Lots of helpful responses. It sounds like airfare could be the biggest obstacle with Jersey week. Can anyone comment if Food & Wine became more crowded in November as it was winding down, compared to late October?

Loved last week in Oct for our first trip this year. Great weather and manageable crowds. Did lots of walk on rides!

Lots of helpful responses. It sounds like airfare could be the biggest obstacle with Jersey week. Can anyone comment if Food & Wine became more crowded in November as it was winding down, compared to late October?

I can't speak for this year, but in 2011, this was absolutely true in our experience. That very last weekend of F&W was just brutal all over. Wait times at all the parks we visited that weekend were so much higher, and we were at least still on the old FP system so it wasn't difficult to pull them throughout the day. Now with FP+ thrown into the mix and regular FPs running out early in the day, that would make it even more difficult to manage, I would think.

Having done both Jersey week in 2011 and the last week of October both in 2012 and again this year, we absolutely prefer the end of October. Jersey Week was manageable, and I wouldn't discourage anyone from going at that time if it was the best time for them to go. But we found end of October to be much better in terms of weather and crowds! If you have a choice, I would definitely pick end of October!

Just returned from a last week of October, into the middle of the first week of November (a.k.a. "Jersey Week") trip. I didn't notice a really "uge" increase in crowds in November. But I did notice a few more guests with Jersey accents, whereas in October it seemed like a lot of Aussie and GBR.

Lines were still short/quick at the F&W booths during weekdays on both weeks.

I didn't visit the Chase Lounge until the second week. Had no wait to go up. They had plenty of Illuminations wrist bands still available but since I wasn't planning on being there for the show that night I didn't take one.

I thought both weeks were great and would happily go then again.

We went for the first time for Jersey Week this year. Nov 2-9.

Flights out of Newark were pricey. Flights out of JFK-$200 round trip, so we flew out of JFK. A 45 minute ride instead of 30 minutes to Newark, so not a big deal for us.

The crowds were on the low side, I thought. Nothing like what I had been expecting.
Food and Wine Festival had plenty of people walking around, but I never waited on a line for a booth more than 5 minutes, usually there were maybe 4-5 people in front of me.

Rides at MK were 10-20 minute waits.

Illuminations we saw with no reason to stake out a seat.
Castle lighting, we walked up as the show was beginning and were 4 people back from the front.

Weather was perfect. 78-83 each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter