• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jersey week or Columbus Weekend

DKx3

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

Due to work and kids in high school, I'm limited to Jersey Week (actually 11/4-11/11/09, in parks Thursday-Tuesday) or dates around Columbus Day (10/8-10/15, in the parks Friday-Wednesday). We've been to Disney only once before and it was the week AFTER Jersey week in 2005 and there were very little lines then. Since then, I started working and DD is starting HS next year and can't miss too much time.

What do you think would be the better for crowds? Also, we'd like to do the water park one day and it was too cool for us the November that we were there (only went in the pools twice that week).

I'd love to hear opinions!

We used to fly down the Monday of Columbus Day and stay through the week and fly home the following Monday and it was perfect. The crowds were very managable and the weather was always perfect! I don't know how crowded the weekend gets but I would assume it's not as crowded as Jersey Week. We live in Jersey too but have never gone that week simply because of the crowds. Plus you have MNSSHP in October :)

Stay away from Jersey Week!!! The parks were packed. I made a mistake and did not check the boards before I booked my trip (plus I had to find out when DH was coming home fom Iraq) the first week was British week and second week was Jersey week. This post has nothing to do with the people (from England or Jesey :) ) just that the parks were very very full. I am use to going in November and Jan-Feb time frame.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter