Jersey Week-Never Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by tardin1964
What is the purpose of posting this information Disney_1derland? These type posts seem to happen every year and I don't understand what the person making the post is trying to accomplish.

Frankly, I find it hard to believe that this line cutting scam happened to you three times in one day. Now what's the chance of that happening?

3) There was not a ounce of editorializing in the original poster's comments.

Well not really .......

Thats when it occured to me that he and the group before had the same accents. OY! I NEVER would have connected it but get real!

BTW accents have nothing to do with it... I've lived in Delaware for 22 years & still fall into a midwestern accent whereas DH has lived here for 20 years & still sounds like a New Yorker at times...

It's not where you are from or currently live - I don't even think you can blame the way someone was raised - it's the way we CHOOSE to act as adults that matters....

Christine

I was there during "Jersey Week", Oct 31st to Nov. 7th. I'm from Michigan. The parks didn't seem overly crowded to me, no one tried to line-jump that I saw, and I didn't even notice any "Jersey" accents. The only thing that stood out to me was the large number of English accents I heard throughout the trip.

I think some of the people on here need to relax.

I have to disagree- i was there from 11/4-11/13 and we waited for nothing... we walked onto PoC, HM, splash, BTMRR and fastpassed everything else we could, we found it amazing that we had no waits

Now, we got up by 6:30 each am... ate breakfast on the go and got to each park early

I am not kidding when I said we hit NO WAITS!! My Dh was so impressed that we could do this. I would go that week again.

Did you go early? And did you use fastpass... the lines were long, but I don't know why anyone would wait in them...use fastpass! The key is to always have a fastpass in your possesion, when one comes up, get another prior to going on the 1st attraction. Yes this requires backtracking... but would you rather backtrack or stand in lines? Just my opinion!

I also have to add that while my DH and I did play the "guess who's from Jersey" game, we found all the people we talked to from NJ to be very friendly. We enjoyed them! I think all the posters who are making generalizations should look at themselves. Hey, everyone says those of us from Baltimore are mean. I'm not! People say those from the south are slow and dumb. They're not, I find southerners charming. And being originally from New England I have to say I LOVE BOSTON PEOPLE!! So before we flame an entire group of people based on the antics of a few, let's stop and at least pretend to be adults here. Afterall, a bad day at Disney beats a good day at work anytime!

Originally posted by ILOVEPOOH1
I have to disagree- i was there from 11/4-11/13 and we waited for nothing... we walked onto PoC, HM, splash, BTMRR and fastpassed everything else we could, we found it amazing that we had no waits

Now, we got up by 6:30 each am... ate breakfast on the go and got to each park early

I am not kidding when I said we hit NO WAITS!! My Dh was so impressed that we could do this. I would go that week again.

Did you go early? And did you use fastpass... the lines were long, but I don't know why anyone would wait in them...use fastpass! The key is to always have a fastpass in your possesion, when one comes up, get another prior to going on the 1st attraction. Yes this requires backtracking... but would you rather backtrack or stand in lines? Just my opinion!

Actually, many times the parks we were in were not issuing fast passes because they did not think the crowds were going to be enough to warrant them(CM's stationed at the fast pass machines told us this). This happened at several rides at AK and MGM. Most other rides my children will go on do not have fast passes so this contributed a lot to that I guess. The MK was horrible on Monday night when we were there as well as Epcot being a complete mob scene on Wednesday (there was some large convention happening at Swan/Dolphin or at least that's where they were staying, lots of business people in suites). AK was packed on Saturday and they weren't giving out fastpasses for anything except the Safari and Dinosaur. MGM was fine early in the morning but as the day wore on it was packed.

Disney-1derland, One of your tags says "the MK is good anytime, day or night". Maybe "except during jersey week" needs to be added!

Originally posted by drgnfly30
Well not really .......

BTW accents have nothing to do with it... I've lived in Delaware for 22 years & still fall into a midwestern accent whereas DH has lived here for 20 years & still sounds like a New Yorker at times...

It's not where you are from or currently live - I don't even think you can blame the way someone was raised - it's the way we CHOOSE to act as adults that matters....

Christine

That's funny. I was born in St. Louis, but grew up in Newark and always have had the Midwestern accent. I've been back in St. Louis for 18 years now, but still can handle the East Coasters. Things just move at a different speed and along a slightly different track there. My DW has been a Midwesterner most of her life and can't adjust too well, but it doesn't bother me. Rude behavior knows no geography, unfortunately, and you'll find rude Midwesterners, rude Easterners and probably a rude Latvian or two if you look hard enough.

I will make one strong recommendation to anyone who thought Jersey Week was "crazy crowded" or "mobbed," however. DON'T EVEN CONSIDER GOING TO WDW IN THE SUMMER, OVER THANKSGIVING OR AT ANY OTHER PEAK TIME. You'll be miserable.

I will make one strong recommendation to anyone who thought Jersey Week was "crazy crowded" or "mobbed," however. DON'T EVEN CONSIDER GOING TO WDW IN THE SUMMER, OVER THANKSGIVING OR AT ANY OTHER PEAK TIME. You'll be miserable.

Actually we normally go in August and found the crowds to be just as bad as what we normally experience.

Stacy, I had to laugh when I read your list of where rude people came from. You had South Florida high up on the list. Well, where do you think most people from South Florida are ACTUALLY from? Not too many Floridians are FROM Florida, especially the further south you go!

And yes I am from NJ. "Jersey week" is 11/1 to 11/7 the kids are out of school anywhere from just two days to all five.

I too was there for NJ week. We found the crowds to be very low with wait times no more than 10-15 mints. We got up early everyday, took advantage of fast pass when needed. The only time we found it really crowed was Halloween night, but we expected that.

As for the rude people in NJ, please don't think all people are rude. That can happen anywhere at anytime. I think the original poster could have left our the NJ part and still made there point.

If you want to go "NJ Week" don't let these posters scare you away. Use the boards to plan, early entry, off dining times and just have a good time.

So.....how 'bout those Los Angeles Lakers??!! :crazy: What are they gonna do without Shaquille O'Neal??:rolleyes:

*****ducking and running for cover now for very blantantly trying to change the subject***** :duck: :duck:

Just trying to lighten things up, but I know I have no control over that.

Blessings to all of you anyway,

Denise :wave: :sunny:

Originally posted by Luigi's Girl
Disney-1derland, One of your tags says "the MK is good anytime, day or night". Maybe "except during jersey week" needs to be added!

Hey L Girl: I was wondering when you were gonna find this thread. I was trying to figure out a way to let you know about it but....I see you found it on your own. Do you believe these people. A few more posts that piss me off and I'll really give them a piece of my mind....show them what a Jerseyans really made of and lock the thread to boot. But I'm still having fun with it right now!

Originally posted by BCVBRUCE
Well this is one FORMER NEW JERSEYIAN who could not agree with you more. That is also why I am SOOOOO glad I moved from NJ 20 years ago and will never go back to live. So, LETS PLAY SPADES!!!

not surprised at the reaction by those, who are SOOOOOOOO offended and who are ganging up on the original poster. It reminds me of every time I go to visit my family. If one person disgrees with a member in my family, everyone gets louder and louder and louder trying to talk over everyone else, just so they can beat the one dissenting opinion into the ground. EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE!!!

Wow, it has been a year since I visited my family. I was starting to miss a bunch of angry New Jerseyians arguing over something insignificant.

Everyone, please grow up.

Bruce,:mad:

Oh Boo Hoo Hoo!!! Stop taking your family problems out on us and go get some therapy!!

Just like to say how sorry i am jersey week was so full of rude people. I live in jersey and the thought of going during jersey week is NOT a good one. I decided to take the girls out of school in December. I have witnessed many rude families already in Six flaggs, sorry to hear they have moved on to Disney.

Believe it or not there are well-behaved, well mannered people in NJ too, we just tend to fly below the radar i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter