Jersey Week in November

dive-in

Earning My Ears
I've seen several posts referring to "Jersey Week" in November. I did a quick search and found this site:

http://www.njea.org/NJEAConvention/

Is this what everyone is talking about? Are the schools out the entire week or just the days of the convention?

Not every school district in New Jersey is off for the whole week - some just election day and the actual convention days - but many districts float Columbus Day and Veterans' Day and have the whole week. DD29 teaches and she and her DH and DS9months will be there that week, as will I and my DS's future MIL at a different resort!!!!!! Don't fret about it, it might be a little bit more crowded, but nothing like the summer months - people from New Jersey are just like everyone else LOL!!!!!!!! :banana:

You are right Fran. New Jersey people are nice too.

(I see you are in hopelawn, I am in Fords!)

LOL!!! I'm not trying to imply that. :) I've worked with many folks from Jersey and haven't met one I don't like. A few I couldn't understand but they probably said the same thing about me.. :)

Y'all have a nice day, ya here.

:wave: Hello Nank in Fords! I grew up in Woodbridge Twnsp, but now I'm out in West Jersey.

Hey Tracey1974! I see you're now in Easton. I'm in Bloomsbury, NJ....right across the river. I also became a Mom this year...on 5/4/05...to my sweet little princess: ! Taking her to Disney next July! Can't wait! :banana:

I teach in NJ :teacher: and most schools hold conferences in the beginning of that week and end the week with Teacher's Convention, thus giving the students 4 days off. Most parents take advantage of this, since the student will only be missing one day of school (Monday).

If I didn't have the conferences, then I'd take advantage of that week, too! However, I bet if you took a survey of the adults at Disney that week, a majority of them are teachers playing "hookey"! ;)

Our schools are only closed on Thurs and Fri. but we will be there for the week.

We went last year, when our kids had three days off for the teachers' convention and Veterans' Day. This year, they only have two days off, Thursday and Friday. We only go off season (early December, November, March - but not around Easter - and thought Jersey Week was more crowded than any of those times. It wasn't completely packed, just more crowded than we're used to. AK even seemed crowded, and it's never seemed crowded to us before. It wasn't just us Jersey people increasing the crowds; there were plenty of British accents too, as their schools had a break.

It's not a bad time to go, just don't expect to have the place to yourself.

Sorry but I am confused, :confused3 do the schools have a long weekend this year for columbus day? Just wondering that is when we are going. thanks! :)

I am a New Jersey teacher and I have never heard the phrase "Jersey Week" before. Is this phrase created by the masses who believe that everyone in New Jersey speaks like a cast member of "The Sopranos"?.. :rotfl: Also, perhaps spawned from the same think tank that wonders if everyone in New Jersey knows either Bruce Springsteen or Jon Bon Jovi. People have actually asked some of my fellow New Jersians this before! Go figure. :rotfl2:

Hey Pluto!! I am just one town away from you over the other bridge(train bridge- up the bigggg hill. We go to church in Bloomsbury! Small world. Now our school only has off the Thursday and Friday of that week- half days the rest of the week- and it is Teacher conferences.
Edit to add Lorilea I have a friend that made out with Bruce Springstein many moons ago :blush: ..now Bon Jovi I wouldn't mind

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! Does she know anyone who speaks like a walking advertisement for "The Sopranos"? If so, you've got two out of three covered!

Hi Java! Actually, I might be your neighbor! ;) I'm actually 3 miles south of Bloomsbury, up over the ever narrowing train bridge as well! I'm actually in Union Twp.

Lorelai said:
Also, perhaps spawned from the same think tank that wonders if everyone in New Jersey knows either Bruce Springsteen or Jon Bon Jovi.

Too funny! I've been asked if I've ever seen Prince walking around Minneapolis. Um, no, he doesn't usually do that.

I've also been asked if we know Garrison Keillor (A Prairie Home Companion). He's a little more accessible and you might actually see him. But do I know him? Nope, sorry.

and we only have Thurs/Fri off as well. Last year, we had 1/2 days the remainder of the week for conferences, but this year's calendar doesn't have them. We went the first week of December last year (ds#1 was in first grade) but decided to only miss 3 days this year as he's now a second grader. And ds#2 is only 3.

I'm hoping to bring some shirts from our area and maybe running into some locals (my BIL runs Morristown Lumber, my sister used to teach in Mt. Olive; now VP in Hillsborough, ds#2 goes to Roxbury Day Care, I work in W. Orange). Never know who you'll meet down there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter