• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jersey Shore visit suggestions?

Suz8

Earning My Ears
I am visiting my family at the Jersey Shore by myself for a few days. Any suggestions where I should eat, shop, visit?
I will be in the Spring Lake/Sea Girt/Manasqan/Pt Pleasant area.
I will also have a limited amount of time in Asbury Park.

I'll be with my 70 year old parents, and am not a 20 something, so I'll be skipping the night clubs.

So far I'm planning on spending quite a bit of time at the boardwalk and eating a lot of homemade ice cream.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I am visiting my family at the Jersey Shore by myself for a few days. Any suggestions where I should eat, shop, visit?
I will be in the Spring Lake/Sea Girt/Manasqan/Pt Pleasant area.
I will also have a limited amount of time in Asbury Park.

I'll be with my 70 year old parents, and am not a 20 something, so I'll be skipping the night clubs.

So far I'm planning on spending quite a bit of time at the boardwalk and eating a lot of homemade ice cream.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I live pretty close to those places, and there are paddleboats in Asbury Park (or Spring Lake?:confused3). Also, Asbury Park usually has lots of events/outdoor concerts going on, so there may be something when you are visiting. Point Pleasant also has lots of arcades and mini golf courses on the boardwalk. There are also things such as parasailing, kayaking, and sailing that are available to do in most areas.:thumbsup2

Coming to my neck of the woods....

I would suggest a nice day at the beach in Manasquan and some lunch at Legget's. Maybe a nice stroll in Spring Lake for some shopping, and a walk on Asbury Park Boardwalk for sure. Also, check out funnewjersey.com for some other ideas!

Wednesday nights there are fireworks on the beach in Asbury. The boardwalk has mini-golf and usually a number of street, er, boardwalk performers. It is fun to just stroll along and take in the sights and sounds.

10 minutes north of Asbury is a nice area in Long Branch called Pier Village. Pretty beach and lots of upscale shops and restaurants.

I live in Long Branch. Pier Village is worth a visit. Check out their website or Faceboook page because they list concerts and other activities that you may be interested in.

There is a good mix of restaurants in Pier Village. Some more expensive options, down to cheap (but good) offerings.

My neck of the woods! We have a house in Spring Lake (where there are no paddle boats :) )

Where to eat: St. Stephen's Green in Spring Lake Heights was just ranked the #24 Irish Pub in the U.S. It's on Rt. 71 near Hoffman's Ice Cream - which is where you have to go afterward for dessert!

We love to walk on the boardwalk or around the lake. If you are Catholic, certainly visit St. Catharine's Church (by the lake) - it was modeled on St. Peter's Basilica.

There are a lot of cute shops in town (Third Avenue) but I generally find them overpriced and not current. Lots of places to stop for candy and ice cream. Ray's, right in town, has a great lobster night on Wednesdays. It's BYO and there's a liquor store right across the street. Near the train station is Joe's Deli - great sandwiches.

For an upscale dinner or a Sunday buffet brunch, there is the Mill - not sure if it's Spring Lake or SLH but it's on Old Mill Road.

There is a great farm stand, Smith's, on 524 on your way into SL (if you come from the Garden State) and they also set up on Third Avenue. Best apple pie I have ever had - even better than my own.

Enjoy your visit to the Irish Riviera!

We day trip to Spring Lake- and I have to say that it is my FAVORITE beach in Jersey/DE/MD! We absolutely love it there. The town is gorgeous, and honestly, we like driving around and dropping our jaws at all of the impressive homes and landscaping.

We've never eaten there, or even been on the Main Street, but we have stopped for ice cream at Hoffmans.

Enjoy your time!!

Avoid people on the boardwalk that look like this

spl400915034--1925349541694259912.jpg

or this

chris-christie-2009-11-4-3-10-33.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter