• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jersey Girl Heading West Updated 7/26 Final Day and Final Thoughts

:yay::yay:It's started.

Um, how do you not know where you are going:confused3:confused3

Yes and it's about to be continued...
No kidding! That's just Traveling 101. Sheesh!
Exactly and Welcome!

I stayed up late, just in case. ;)

Thanks, but glad I didn't have to bother you!

YAY!! you started. Cant wait to read all about it(and see some pics too)
Sounds like a good start getting out of EWR with NO DELAY:yay:
I was fullyu prepared to be sitting in EWR for a long time;)
What's up with crazy clueless? :)

Glad you got there on time-ish and safely. Room looks nice!
HI CE!
This New Yorker is really looking forward to your TR. :thumbsup2

Wondering how the 3 hour time difference was too :goodvibes:goodvibes
Welcome, the time difference was so bad feel it more now that I'm home though,
Great room Mo and fantastic you got an upgrade too :thumbsup2

And don't you dare complain about jet lag :rotfl:

Hey,it's my trip report and I will complain if I want to!

The next day was an early start with breakfast at the Hotel. I needed to pick up the rental, which was just a short walk from the Marriott. And guess who got upgraded again:thumbsup2…

I was given a Jeep Liberty.

ry%3D400

(yes I know the plates are Nevada, but I really was in CA)

The shipment of cars never came in the night before and they didn’t have enough for the # of reservations they had. I was glad I came as early as I did, can you imagine showing up with a reservation and no car:eek:.

With my Jeep Liberty, I went around the corner to check into the DLH and at least drop my bags off. Checking in they gave me my choice of towers that I wanted to stay in. I chose the main tower, though I don’t think it made much difference. With my luggage stored away with Bell Services, I got back in the car, plugged my iPod adapter in and headed North. I know California is bankrupt and the roads show it. Those were some bumpy roads:headache:. However Jersey isn’t much better in the roads department:sad2:.

I left early enough so that I had no traffic and made great time getting to the Reagan Library, it wasn’t open yet, but you could grab a hot tea and tour the grounds. The Library is on top of a hill and the views are beautiful

ry%3D400

Looking at from the front of the Library

ry%3D400

Disney isn't the only one to do topiaries

ry%3D400

The Rose Garden out in front

ry%3D400

The view from the back of the library

ry%3D400

Me with a piece of the Berlin Wall

ry%3D400

The South Lawn

ry%3D400

This made me:scared1:

ry%3D400

The President's final resting place

You couldn’t take flash pics inside, but I did sneak this…
ry%3D400

I took my time going through the Library and it took about 3 – 3.5 hours. I loved it and I was surprised how crowded it was and that the crowds were still coming in later that day as I was heading out.

One of the most touching displays were the love letters he wrote to Nancy. Reading some of the letters you could see how theirs was a true love story. Very few people find what they did. One letter he wrote when Governor was signed Your Guv in Luv.

Overall I loved my time here, I am so glad I took the time to spend the day. Now I want to see other Presidential Libraries. My next trip out west I will ride over to Yorba Linda and see Nixon's. (Yes, I am already planning the next one, probably 2012)

At this point I was hungry but didn’t want too much as I had special plans for dinner that night.;)

The café sold half sandwiches, which was perfect, enough to quell the hungry but not fill me up for dinner.

Next Up Jersey Girl experiences LA traffic and my special dinner…

Sounds nice. As I mentioned, Waldo's really wanting to check that place out.

We did Nixon's Library a few years ago, very interesting... even for a non-History buff as myself. ;)

So, where was this special dinner? popcorn::

Next stop was the Marriot at the convention center. My home for the evening. Two Thumbs up:thumbsup2:thumbsup2. I was even bumped up to the concierge floor in a corner room, too bad I was only there for all of about 10 hours.
Darn - that's a great room! :thumbsup2

ry%3D400

The view from the back of the library
Wow, beautiful!
The café sold half sandwiches, which was perfect, enough to quell the hungry but not fill me up for dinner.
Wish WDW did this; half a sandwich was exactly what I wanted for dinner last night!

Love the pics of the Library!! Hmm, going to have to add this to the itin. :goodvibes

My Disneyland trip is now pushed back to 2010 as I changed my plans to have a trip to San Fran/Vegas for this July.

Enjoying your trip report greatly though! Keep it comin'. :thumbsup2

Hey,it's my trip report and I will complain if I want to!
True :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

And guess who got upgraded again:thumbsup2….
Wooohoooo

One of the most touching displays were the love letters he wrote to Nancy. Reading some of the letters you could see how theirs was a true love story. Very few people find what they did. One letter he wrote when Governor was signed Your Guv in Luv.
Awww sounds very sweet, the library looked interesting not what I was expecting and great views :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about the Walking in Walt's steps tour. Sorry we didn't get to ride SM!! :sad1: So when are you coming back????

I'm glad you got to Cali with no real problems or delays. The room was wonderful.

The pics at the Reagan Library are so beautiful. I love the piece of the Berlin wall. It sounds like a great place to visit.

WOW gorgeous views. We are thinking of heading to DL in Apr and this will def be on our list. My kids love all things presidents.
Is that the full size Presidential plane in there with the cafe underneath??
:cool1:on the car upgrade
Why is it these rental places never receive the cars on time:confused:??

Sounds nice. As I mentioned, Waldo's really wanting to check that place out.

He should have come with me:lmao:

Wish WDW did this; half a sandwich was exactly what I wanted for dinner last night!

I wish more places in general did this:thumbsup2

Love the pics of the Library!! Hmm, going to have to add this to the itin. :goodvibes

My Disneyland trip is now pushed back to 2010 as I changed my plans to have a trip to San Fran/Vegas for this July.

Enjoying your trip report greatly though! Keep it comin'. :thumbsup2

I love San Fran, years since I've been!

Those views are gorgeous.

I wonder who you were meeting for dinner:confused:

not who, where;)
Lovely pics, Mo! Nice car, too ;)

Thanks CE

Awww sounds very sweet, the library looked interesting not what I was expecting and great views :thumbsup2

It was very interesting and really was a nice drive up there.

Can't wait to hear about the Walking in Walt's steps tour. Sorry we didn't get to ride SM!! :sad1: So when are you coming back????
Hopefully sooner than later!
I'm glad you got to Cali with no real problems or delays. The room was wonderful.

The pics at the Reagan Library are so beautiful. I love the piece of the Berlin wall. It sounds like a great place to visit.
I would stay at the Marriott again in a heartbeat!
WOW gorgeous views. We are thinking of heading to DL in Apr and this will def be on our list. My kids love all things presidents.
Is that the full size Presidential plane in there with the cafe underneath??
:cool1:on the car upgrade
Why is it these rental places never receive the cars on time:confused:??
YOu should add the library and as an FYI Nixon's is even closer, will tour that one next time and yes that is the real Air Force One, you get to walk through it and see how Reagan, Carter, Ford etc flew. I think the current plane was new for Bush 1.
All caught up!

Isn't it interesting the crazy people you meet while traveling? ;)

Especially the crazy Canucks;)

I need to go check your report out, especially the cruise part as it looks like I may be on a Disney cruise in 2011 with my youngest niece. She wants to take the Mickey boat to DisneyWorld.

The ride back from the library was smooth enough, until…. The traffic started and never really ended until I exited the freeway near Anaheim. It was stop and go the whole time:headache:. I can’t imagine rush hour during the week if this was Saturday afternoon:eek:.

The plan was to first stop at the Character Warehouse, where I did score a nice pullover for $18 and fast pass holder that clipped on.

Next on the plan was my special dinner…
ry%3D400

My how I love this place, so yummy!

So I had mapped out from In and Out the nearest food store, Food 4 Less. I wanted to get some bottled water and breakfast items. Not really paying attention I parked the car and headed inside. It’s then that I realized I may have headed to the wrong side of the tracks:scared1:. I got my stuff quickly and got back in the car and headed back to DLH. It was well after check in time and my room was ready. I had booked on DVC points a standard view but was upgraded to a pool view and if I looked right I could see the entrance to DTD.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

(BTW, I noticed the wallpaper here is the same as the GF)

Despite the very warm temps during the day, I noticed as I walked out to go to the park it had gotten chilly out, so I ran back up to grab a jacket.

I had purchased a 6 day hopper since it was only $5 more than the 5 day. So glad I did. I wandered over to the DL park to get my bearings. It has been 4 years since I was here last and things are not in the same place as WDW. I happily wandered around, rode the railroad and stayed for the fireworks.

First the railroad kicks WDW butt, they have dioramas of the Grand Canyon and dinosaurs and the cars face into the park. Second, I love the fireworks, DL gets higher points for the WOW factor, but I think WDW edges DL slightly on the emotional factor.

It was great to end my first day with the fireworks, I truly love this park and the feeling you get walking around, MK in WDW just doesn’t compare.

Next up – Magic Morning and meeting old friends

Stupid pilot's wife trivia knowledge, but yes, the new Air Force One was new for G.H.W. Bush.

ry%3D400

My how I love this place, so yummy!

I'm so jealous! Did you get a double-double?

I had booked on DVC points a standard view but was upgraded to a pool view and if I looked right I could see the entrance to DTD.

Nice, and I love the dresser!

:goodvibes popcorn::

Wow! They did those rooms up nice! :thumbsup2 Last time we were there, they were black, white and red and had classic Mickey boarders around the room. Yeah, it was soooo 80's!

I have to say we now call In-N-Out "Mo's place" at our house. :lmao:

FYI- they're taking GCV ressies on June 27th. ;) I've got a surprise trip planned for Maddie's B-Day in Oct. :teeth:

The plan was to first stop at the Character Warehouse, where I did score a nice pullover for $18 and fast pass holder that clipped on.

I;m impressed that this is the first purchase you made;)

ry%3D400

Probably better than Jack in the Box ::yes::

popcorn::

I have to say we now call In-N-Out "Mo's place" at our house. :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Do we see a photo of the pullover?

What a lovely way to spend your first day and it will be great hearing your DL/WDW opinions :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter