Jenny and Paul's Fairytale Wedding Adventure

gillian1926

Mouseketeer
Hi! Im back and married!!!
August 17th 2007 at 3am: Wake up after about an hour sleep to be picked up at 3:45am. Let me suggest to all you future travelers.....6am flight....DO NOT DO IT. We were truly exhausted from this early flight. A friend of my family picked us up and drove us to the airport. Our flights were uneventful but I think we were both nervous about getting everything done that had to be done that day.

We landed and went to pick up our rental. DH picked one that looked fast....ugh. We went on our way to get our liscence. The man at the airport gave us directions to the downtown Orlando courthouse but we had mapquested directions to another courthouse from the airport. Mistake 1: We got directions from the wrong Orlando airport....good thing we took the directions from the man at the car rental.

So we drove to the courthouse, stopping a few times along the way to ask directions. We finally get to the courthouse and we run into mistake 2: not a great place. We walked in and the quality of people waiting---not good---all I can say is white spandax wedding dress(picking up what I am putting down???). We had to wait about 2 hours to get the liscense...ugh...neither of us counted on waiting so long.

Here is DH with our liscence.
DSC00072.jpg

Next: Arriving in Disney and dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

After getting our liscence, we drove towards Disney and stopped for lunch. After lunch we went to the grocery store to get last minute food and water for the gift bags.
Then we made our way to DisneyWorld and our resort!

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

I couldn't believe that we actually arrived. We were so tired so after we checked in and got our room we tried to lay down before dinner. Of course, I was too excited so I got up and made the gift bags. I put the chips, granola bars, other snacks and water into the bags.

We went and delivered some of the bags to the Custom House before heading out to dinner at the Wilderness Lodge. DH was so excited because he had always wanted to stay there. The resort was beautiful. Dinner was ok.

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

After dinner, we made our way back to the Caribbean Beach where we crashed!
Next: Day two: My sisters arrive, Magic Kingdom and Ohana's

Day 2 AM:
We had great intentions of waking up early and going to the Extra Magic Hour at Animal Kingdom. We got a wake up call for 6:30am. Well....I didnt even hear the phone so needless to say we didnt make the Animal Kingdom. I woke up at 7:30am and realized that my sister would be here soon(she drove from North Carolina the day before and stayed outside Disney). I showered and awaited their call. She called around 8ish and I met her in the parking lot of Martinique. We got ready---not DH---he was still asleep---to go to the Magic Kingdom.
Here is my sister's family outside the MK:

DSC00093.jpg

As soon as we walked in we saw Pinochio!
DSC00100.jpg

My sister, neice and nephew in Mickey's Philharmagic.
DSC00107.jpg

After the Philharmagic, I left my sister and her family in the MK to return to the resort to wait for my younger sister and her family. They arrived around noon. Their room was right next to ours. We had lunch then went to the main pool and hung out until it was time for dinner and the MK.
DSC00111.jpg

On the way to MK. It was magical to see the reaction on the kids faces as we started on our way to the Magic Kingdom.
DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

My sister and her family in the MK.
DSC00118.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

As we walked up to the castle, we were lucky enough to see the show with all the characters. The kids were so cute and excited. As Paul and I walked away to go to dinner, I started to cry. I was overwhelmed with the feeling of how special this was. To be with my family in DisneyWorld and for my wedding.

Paul and I went to Ohanas for dinner. We had an awesome table with a great view of the castle. The food was fantastic too!
DSC00125.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

After dinner, we went back to the resort. We found all my family. They were eating dinner in the cafeteria. We hung out while they ate and then made our way to the beach and watched fireworks from EPCOT.
DSC00143.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

Next: Day 3: SeaWorld and LeCellier!

Day 3: Discovery Cove and LeCellier
We got a 6am wake up call. DH wanted to be at Discovery Cove early so we had our choice of times to do our dolphin swim. We got there about 7:45am and we were the second group in line. We got our time at 9:30, just enough time to do a little snorkeling before our swim. Before we could go snorkling, we went on a tour of Discovery Cove and they took our picture.
Can you tell it was early and we were tired?
DSC00326.jpg

After the tour, they gave us our wet suits and snorkels. We changed and started the fun of snorkeling. It was neat but I was very scared to be surrounded by all of the fish. The GIANT stingrays scared me the most. DH said he heard me scream a few times through my snorkel. What can I say???? Iwas a bit frightening.

At 9:15 we went to our assigned cabana for our dolphin swim. We watched a movie and then were separated into our groups for the swim. I was so excited to get started. I think I was the most excited one in the group. We got in the lagoon and our dolphin swam right over. I was so excited I think I squeeled! We touched her, then we each got to kiss her. DH and I got to get our picture together. After that, we each got to swim---well get pulled by the dolphin. It was amazing. I still smile everytime I think about it.
DSC00325.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

After our swim, we went back to snorkeling and then had some lunch. Since we swam with the dolphin so early we didnt stay the whole day there. We left around 1:30pm to rest before our dinner at LeCellier.

Back at the resort, my younger sister and her family were hanging out. My older sister was at EPCOT. Both sisters had done the early opening at EPCOT that morning.

We rested then went on our way to EPCOT. We had 7:50 reservations at Le Cellier. DH was so excited for this. He had always wanted to eat there. It was awesome. DH had pork and I had filet. Yummy! Dessert was SMORES. YUMMY

yummy soup!
DSC00148.jpg

Dessert
DSC00152.jpg

We met a very nice family who took our picture for us.
DSC00154.jpg

After dinner we met up with my sister and her family at Illuminations. My sister was inthe park for 13 hours!!! I couldnt believe it. I could never do that---especially when it is 100 degrees out. Here are some pics of her kids watching Illuminations.

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

We left after Illuminations and crashed....we knew we had to be up early for Extra Magic hours at MGM.

Up Next: MGM, Mom arrives and EPCOT!

Enjoying reading your trip report, can't wait to hear more.

You looked like you had so much fun with the Dolphins. I did a Dolphin Swim down in the Keys, and it was amazing!!! I have thought about going to Discovery Cove, as I'm ready to swim again. How long were you in the water with the Dolphins? Was it just you and Paul, or were there other people with you?

When we did it in the Keys, we were with a group of people, but just my aunt and I got in the water with our 2 Dolphins, and I think we were in there about 30 to 45 mins.

Dena & Chad
March 27, 2008
Wedding Pavilion & Grand Floridian

event.png

I love all the pictures - especially the one of you kissing the dolphin. Too cute!

Can't wait to read more!

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Don't you just love the Caribbean Beach? It's my favorite resort. My dream resort is the Polynesian, but the Caribbean Beach works as well.

WE had a great time in Discover Cove...It was definatly worth the money. We were with a group for the swim...about 8 people. It wasnt bad at all. We were in the water for about half an hour. Loved it!

Sounds like you guys had a blast. Don't you just love the Caribbean Beach? It's my favorite resort. My dream resort is the Polynesian, but the Caribbean Beach works as well.

I liked Caribbean beach. Last summer we stayed at Port Orleans and loved it too. I think the food was better at Port Orleans though.

Day 4: EMH MGM, Mom Arrives and EPCOT

This morning the wake up call came and DH couldnt get out of bed. I think the early plane ride, the early dolphin swim wrecked him. So, he decided to sleep and I went to MGM by myself. I didnt want to waste my time in the room and I knew I wanted to get on Tower of Terror and Rocken RollerCoaster. I knew my older sister wasnt getting up early as they were tired from almost 14 hours in EPCOT the day before. They were going to sleep then go to a waterpark. My younger sister was going to MGM later for breakfast.

I went to MGM, fast passed TOT and went right on RRC. I went into the single rider lane and was in the second car!!! It was great. I had forgotten about the fast take off. I almost lost my spray fan.

After RRC, I went over to TOT and there was no wait, again, I got right on. I love this ride...LOVE IT. After I got off, I basically got right back on, using my fast pass.

AFter that, I just wandered around. I went on the great Movie Ride. Its ok. I went over to the Star Wars ride. Again, it was ok but after TOT and RRC, it was a bit boring. I also made my way to the Muppet Movie 3d. So cute.

After that, it was time for me to go because I had to get Paul up before my mom arrived. I have to say going to a park is not as much fun as with going with someone. I had noone to talk to about the rides.

I got back to my room and Paul was still in bed but awake. He got up and showered and by that time my mother had called and was in the Custom House getting checked in.

AT the same time, I saw my younger sister---who was supposed to be at MGM for breakfast. WEll, my 6 year old neice had gotten sick that morning so they had to cancel their breakfast. She was so upset! Poor thing, they rescheduled it but ended up cancelling because my neice was still not better.

Once she was all checked in she called me. She told me I had made her cry already because of the bag I had made. She loved it. It was good to hear that someone appreciated all the hard work that I put into making the bags.

My mom settled into her room which was two doors down from us(my younger sister was next door to us). My sister and her kids were at their room so they hid and surprised my mother as she came up the stairs. It was so cute!

After she settled in, we all went to lunch(except my sick niece). It was really nice to see the kids and my mom together and know that we are all in Disney together(too bad my older sister wasnt there).

We went back to our rooms, changed then my mom, stepfather, DH and I went to EPCOT. We had originally made reservations at Spoodles but decided to change it so my mom could see a park on her first night. WE ended up at the Rose and Crown. We ate dinner which was very good then we watched Illuminations. My mother loved it. She cried. She is so cute!

Here is a pic of my mom and step father in EPCOT!
DSC00159.jpg

Next up: Day 5 Magic Kingdom and Coral Reef(UGH!!!)

I need to add something that I forgot from my moms first night(EPCOT). When we first arrived we walked around to see what we could Fast Pass. There were none because it was like 6pm. We thought we could go to Mission Space but there were none---side note of another story I forgot to tell....Sunday night when Paul and I were at EPCOT we went on Mission Space---or tried to at least. Last year we went on the green side(easy) and I have to say I was a bit bored...but Paul is not into spinning or 0gravity. This year, I convinced him to try the orange side. There was no line so we got ride in the ride. We get in our car with a woman and her daughter who was non stop talking. Because of the non stop chatter we hadn't noticed that they hadn't closed the doors to our car. No big deal...until a CM came over to the left side of the car and asked us if we wanted the doors closed because it would be a few minutes. None of us had any idea what he was talking about so we said no leave it open. Next thing we know, there is a cleaning woman over there....we look down and someone had thrown up right outside our door!!!!! UGH!!! So a few minutes go by, our doors closed and we thought the ride was going to start....NOPE!!! About 5 minutes later, after sitting with the doors closed, the doors open and there is a CM explaining that it was going to take a lot longer than they had thought to clean up(I dont even want to think why or where the throw up was). They gave us all Fast Passes for that ride or two other rides in EPCOT that could be used until August 30. So we got off and went to dinner.

Back to the night with my mom, Paul ran to see about Test Track...long wait. So we decided to go and see about Soarin'. I wanted everyone to go on it because I knew they would love it. So we walk in...basically set on waiting on line because there were no fast passes when Paul(who talks to everyone)goes up to a CM---one of the ones who hold the door open for you to enter the Land.---as asks if there are any Fast Passes. She must have thought he was cute because she runs over to this desk and rummages through it for special passes. But there were none, she then tells us to go down to Soarin' and explain to a CM(cant remember the name she told us)that we were to get these special FP. So we go down and Paul uses his charms and gets up four Fast Passes. It was so cool! We go down the Fast Pass lane and as we get closer my mother gets more and more nervous. She hates heights. So we are walking in to our row and my mother freaks out....she couldnt do it. She had to leave the ride. It was really too bad because I know she would have loved it!

That was our first bit of Pixie dust!
Next, Day 5 Magic Kingdom and the worst waitress EVER!

Day5 Magic Kingdom and Coral Reef for dinner:
This morning Paul and I, my mom and Step father go to Magic Kingdom early. My sisters were going to Epcot because they had 11am reservations at Coral Reef.

We got to Magic Kingdom and got my mom and step father to the castle. My step father had never been and I know my mom was excited.
DSC00166.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

First we went to Buzz Light year. Here is a pic of me and Paul. I was so determined to get a higher score than last year...only 1200---the 10 year old in the car next to us beat me last year while Paul got over 100, 000. This year I did better I think 30, 000. THis pic may be right after I lost my sunglasses. They flew off of me as we turned into a new room!
DSC00167.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

After Buzz we went into Mickey's Philharmagic. Paul loves Donald so I knew he would love this. We had a great time!
DSC00170.jpg

Here is a picture on Splash Mountain...the only thrill ride my mother would go on.

DSC00175.jpg

Paul, my step father and I went right onto Big Thunder Mountain after Splash Mountain as my mom waited outside. Well...as we were waiting in line my mother calls us and tells us that there was a CM giving out all day Fast Passes at the exit of our ride. We got very excited! But when we got out, the CM was not in our exit but the exit for people who had used fast pases. Paul tried to sweet talk the CM but to no avail. Oh well...we would just have to enjoy the park wiht no pixie dust!
Here is a pic of my step father going by himself on Big Thundeer Railroad.
DSC00176.jpg

We saw Mr. Jack Sparrow outside POTC. Love him! We wanted to do POTC but for some reason it was shut down. so we watched the show. But as we watched the show, the ride opened and we ran! No wait....it was great!
DSC00178.jpg

After POTC we went to the Comedy show...very cute...SPace Mountain. When we cam out of Space Mountain we went to look for my mom and she was no where to be found. Turns out she had bought herself a lanyard and was off trading! Here is apic of her first trade. She is too funny(now she is obsessed with Pins..she even had a dream that her pins were chasing her...too funny)
DSC00180.jpg

After this we grabbed some lunch. We were all so pooped by the time we finished we just left. It was 1pm by this point and we wanted to rest before our much anticipated dinner at Coral Reef.

Up Next: Coral Reef....could the waitress be any meaner????

Day 5 Continued...
After our afernoon rest and refresh, Paul, my mother and step father and I got ready for our dinner at the Coral Reef. I was so excited as I had been anticipating this for a long time. Last year, we had to cancel. My sisters had went for lunch on this day and raved. They had a seat by the tank and had great food and service. When we made the reservation we made sure they knew we were getting married.

So we took the bus to EPCOT and made our way to the Living Seas to check in for our 7pm reservation. We arrived and immediatly my mom looked for people to trade pins with. As we waited for our table, my mom traded and ended up talking with a CM for a while. She was very nice.

We were seating after about 5 minutes of waiting. We had a great table in front of the fish. I was so excited....as soon as we sat down we saw a sea turtle---I love sea turtles. My excitement soon ended as we waited, and waited, and waited for our waitress to acknowledge us and welcome us and take our drink order. When she finally made her way over, Paul made a funny comment to her about wondering if we had a waitress. We should have known then that this evening was going to go down fast when she didnt even crack a smile.

So she took our drink order, Paul got a beer,my mom and me diet soda and my step father got some frozen lemonaide thing. This turned out to be a mistake as it made him sick later. About 10 minutes---yes 10 minutes---later she brought our drinks. Then she left...again, not to come back for anohter 5 minutes for our order. We ordered---I dont remember what everyone ordered....except Paul got a well done steak.

The food came and it was outstanding....except Pauls steak was medium. We sent it back with our waitress who was not happy. Another waitor brought it back and it was perfect. This waitor was fabulous...he talked to my mother and it ended up that they knew some of the same people in Binghamton, NY.

After dinner we ordered dessert....but the waitress did not seem happy to help us at all. My step father asked if he could get a container for his as he didnt feel well. the waitress said---in a very condescending tone---"I'll give you a container but I dont do that----you have." Our desserts came and they were very good too.

Then the bill....we waited, and waited and waited for her to remember we were there to get us our bill. Once we got her, it took her another 10 minutes to get the bill. She also did the bill wrong....UGH.

We were on the dining plan and on the dining plan they add in gratuities. We all thought this unhappy, mean and b----y waitress didnt deserve any.....but she had it. Paul made a point to cross out the tip. WE know she got the tip anyway but we wanted her to know that we didnt think she deserved one. She ruined the one dinner I had been looking forward to.

After we paid, I was so mad that she was so mean and unhappy. Paul tried to make a complaint. He went to a manager and explained what happened. She took out a complaint sheet and started to write. She asked what we liked and we said the food was great. Then she asked us our complaint and again we told her that the waitress was rude, mean and nasty plus she messed up the bill. The manager stood there and thought about waht to write....all she wrote was there was a problem with the bill. Can you believe that???????? Ugh...after all that she wont even get in trouble. I thought Disney was supposed to be the happiest place on Earth...well...obviously not!

Next up: Handing over my mother and Day 7 my father arrives and rehearsal dinner and fantasmic---some major pixie

Day 6 AM: Animal Kingdom and my sister almost ruining my wedding!

So the plan was for everyone who was there---my sisters, their families, my mom and step father and paul and I were to meet at the bus stop at 7:30am and go to AK for the extra magic hour. At 10:30 we had reservations at restauranasaurus. Well...it didnt quite work out.

BACK STORY: I dont know if I have said this before but my father gave me money for my wedding in Disney and at home reception. BUT this money included me paying for everyone(except my mom and stepfather) for three days and nights, dining, park hopper passes and airfare. Needless to say, Paul and I paid for most of our wedding and reception.

Now, I assumed that they would(my family)come to Disney and want to spend time with me as it was my wedding. I guess I forgot never to assume becuase my older sister and her family had other plans. THey had their own agenda which did not include me or Paul(or even my mother). I tried to meet up with them on several occasions but it was like pulling teeth. As part as the welcome packet I included an itinerary for everyone. In it I said I want everyone together for animal Kingdom, that night at MGM for dinner and fantasmic and for the wedding day. My sister really didnt like this at all. I guess it interupted her vaction---of which I paid for most of.
ANOTHER side story---they just moved to North Carolina to a HUGE 5000sq ft home and are not wanting of money...Paul and I on the otehr hand live month to month---but still did not complain one bit about money. We just wanted to spend time with teh ones we loved.

So on the morning of Animal Kingdom, Paul decides he was too tired to get up. Yes that made me sad but I wasnt mad at that point. I left the room, met my younger sister and her family and we started to walk to the bus stop. My mother had already made her way there. As we were walking over we saw my older sister and her family running to the bus stop---which we didnt understand because the plan was to all go together. Another part of the plan was for some of us to walk to the safari and get in line while the others ran for fast passes at Everest. Well...when we arrived at the bus stop---only my mother was there---MY SISTER HAD GOTTEN ON A BUS AND LEFT WIHTOUT US!!! I was sooooooo upset. She had told my mom that they had rides they wanted to go on so they just left. Apparently she had forgotten what our plan was.

So as we waited for the next bus, my phone rang several times and I didnt answer because I knew it was my sister. She then called my younger sister who told her I was mad because of Paul. I dont think my sister realized how upset i was at my older sister for being so selfish.

Well...we got to thte bus and got to AK. As we were walking in I listened to my voicemail from my sister who said she was right, i was wrong and I wasnt going to ruin her vacation---are you kidding me???? It was the day before my wedding and she thought it was ok to treat me like this. I was very upset. When I get upset I get quiet. I try not to let others know. Of course, by me being quiet they all knew I was upset.

ANOHTER SIDE NOTE: It was my younger sisters birthday today too....so Ifelt not only did my older sister not want to spend time with me but my sister too.

We got into AK and I ran for the fast passes as my family went to the Safari and waited for me. The ironic thing...my older sister had done the same thing. If only she had not been so selfish.
Next up: AK continued, Safari, Everest and my sister screams at me in the middle of AK---on the day before my wedding.

Day 6 continued:
DAY 6: STILL ANIMAL KINGDOM
I finally make my way over to the safara where my family with the exception of my older sister and her family are waiting for me. We waited online for the ride. I was looking forward to my nieces and nephews reaction to the animals. This almost made my day. They were so interested!
DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

Then we went over to Everest before our breakfast reservation. I went on with my step fatehre aned sister. My sister was so funny. She screamed the entire ride.
DSC00193.jpg

Breakfast....before the "fight". I actually was still upset. My neice and nephew both said something about me being mad at their mommy....not appropriate at all. Another thing that made me upset is that they got two dream fastpasses to animal kingdom. why do they get the pixie dust???? Its my wedding!
DSC00195.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

AFter breakfast, we left the restaurant....and the big fight happened.

Up next: My sister screams, I cry hysterically.

After breakfast, we all walk out into Animal Kingdom. I begin to tell everyone about that night and what time to meet. I know that my older sister isnt liking this one bit as she wants to stay at Animal Kingdom as long as she can. That afternoon, Carolyn Allen was coming to steam the dresses....and of course I did not have my nieces. As I could see my sister not liking the idea of having to be somewhere at a certain time, I decided just to let her family meet us at Mamma Melrose for dinner at 5pm. I told her just meet us promptly at 5 so we can all be seated. Well...she erupted. She went off on me, saying that I was being unreasonable and that she didnt want her vacation ruined--nothing about my wedding. So she was screaming at me in front of the restaurant and I calmly said, Im leaving and told her again the time and she could do what she wanted. She then says, maybe she will just send her family and she wont come at all. Great to say to me, the day before my wedding----after I planned all this and paid for her.

So off I went, my poor mother following....my younger sister had actually left earlier as her daughter got sick. My step fatehr stayed with my mean sister---of which I dont blame him because he wanted to see the park and would not be back the rest of his time there.

As we walked out, I was crying. I know my mom was angry and worried about me. She didnt really understand. She didnt know I had paid for her...she did know however how my sister had not spendt any time with me.
Before we got to the bus stop, I went to get my younger sister a happy birthday pin.

On the bus ride home, I was hysterical. I told my mother abotu how we paid for them and how it wasnt right how she was treating us. She was dumbfounded. My mother told me I was going to have to talk to her but I diddnt even know if I would see her. At that point I thought she wasnt coming to my rehearsal or dinner. Also on the ride home, there was an accident and we were in traffic for 45 minutes. UGH.

I calmed down in time to get off the bus then I went to see Paul. I told him the story and he felt so bad for me but he was sooooo mad at my sister. He thinks she is very selfish.

After I calmed down, I tried to rest and wait for Carolyn Allen. She came and as she was steaming my older sister came walking up the pathway. I knew I had to talk to her. I went to her room and just told her I didnt want to fight and taht all I wanted to do was spend time with her. She hugged me BUT then she goes "But Im not wrong." I couldnt believe her....all I could do was say I dont want to fight.

In the end she thought she did nothing wrong and she came to the dinner.

Next up: Dad, stepmom and step sister come....the gangs all here, dinner at Mamma Melrose and did they give our seats away for Fantasmic?????????

Families there is always one who thinks they know best!
I am so sorry for your upset the day before your wedding, as if getting married isn't stressful enough! At our wedding it was my FSIL who caused all the stress( DH big sis, maybe it's a big sis thing!)

I am loving your TR can't wait to see the wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter