Jennifer & Daniel's PJ-WP/Ariels/SCP-6/14/10- DP &MK Pics,album,HM TR - updated 1/25

Yay for a wishes wedding! I think it will definitely work out better for what you want since you want a reception with dancing.

You know, I always thought I wanted SBP too, I wasn't crazy about the WP, but when we were there in June we stopped in to look at it and I wanted to cry it was so beautiful. That's when I knew I had to get married there and nowhere else. I love the WHR, I wish we had gone to see some of the rooms in person! We have too many people for WHR but we're going to use it for our pre-reception, so I'm very excited about that.

Good luck with the rest of your planning!

Hi,

First off congrats and can't wait to hear more about you plan's and see more pic's. Your wedding dress looks great on you and cute theme for your wedding.

I'm also a South Florida bride and we are still debating if we should have an escape or wishes wedding. For the amount of enhancements I would like the wedding cost close to $12K, so we figure why not just do a wishes...but that might bump us up to $14-16K.:confused3 Just like your family, my family are party animals and we love to dance and drink (latino'....go figure, lol). We are planning to have our wedding June 29 (the day we were married in a civil union) but as Floridian's we try to stay away from the heat. I'm hoping by reading your experiences I can make the right decision for myself. :)

If you don't mind me asking...can you PM the breakdown for your wishes budget and the wishes packet (once they send it)?

Congrat's again!!!:cheer2:

Thanks,:thumbsup2

1_ LOVE your invites!!! So cute! :lovestruc

2_ Yay! For Wishes Wedding!!! :banana:

3_ Awesome site visits photos!

Everything is coming along nicely!! :thumbsup2

Yay for a wishes wedding! I think it will definitely work out better for what you want since you want a reception with dancing.

You know, I always thought I wanted SBP too, I wasn't crazy about the WP, but when we were there in June we stopped in to look at it and I wanted to cry it was so beautiful. That's when I knew I had to get married there and nowhere else. I love the WHR, I wish we had gone to see some of the rooms in person! We have too many people for WHR but we're going to use it for our pre-reception, so I'm very excited about that.

Good luck with the rest of your planning!
I loved the WHR when we saw it, the patio made it all worth it!

Hi,

First off congrats and can't wait to hear more about you plan's and see more pic's. Your wedding dress looks great on you and cute theme for your wedding.

I'm also a South Florida bride and we are still debating if we should have an escape or wishes wedding. For the amount of enhancements I would like the wedding cost close to $12K, so we figure why not just do a wishes...but that might bump us up to $14-16K.:confused3 Just like your family, my family are party animals and we love to dance and drink (latino'....go figure, lol). We are planning to have our wedding June 29 (the day we were married in a civil union) but as Floridian's we try to stay away from the heat. I'm hoping by reading your experiences I can make the right decision for myself. :)

If you don't mind me asking...can you PM the breakdown for your wishes budget and the wishes packet (once they send it)?

Congrat's again!!!:cheer2:

Thanks,:thumbsup2
Once I get everything I'll probably post the info here in my PJ. I know people are curious how I am going to be able to stick to the 12k budget and I would love to show them how I did it. I know that my Cuban/Puerto Rican family needed a PARTY, and only a Wishes Wedding would allow for that. I discussed it with Danny and we agreed that a party was also important for us, especially the food and dancing aspect. Wishes was the only way to go. And Stacy really did a great job in showing us how much the extras on an Escape package would end up costing and that really solidified our decision to go with a Wishes wedding.

I am in love with your invitations! Those are awesome!
I love them too but they aren't as customizable as the site leads me to believe so I may be changing my mind.

1_ LOVE your invites!!! So cute! :lovestruc

2_ Yay! For Wishes Wedding!!! :banana:

3_ Awesome site visits photos!

Everything is coming along nicely!! :thumbsup2
Thanks!!:cool1:

Hey lady! I finally found my way over here. :goodvibes
I loooove your wedding colors & your ring (he DID do a great job :thumbsup2) & you look great in that dress. And yay for the Wedding Pavilion! It's so beautiful, your ceremony is going to be gorgeous. :)

Hey lady! I finally found my way over here. :goodvibes
I loooove your wedding colors & your ring (he DID do a great job :thumbsup2) & you look great in that dress. And yay for the Wedding Pavilion! It's so beautiful, your ceremony is going to be gorgeous. :)
Hey!! I love seeing my Fic/twitter ladies here!

Thank you! I was so shocked at the ring, I mean I literally asked him how much he spent because it was so pretty, lol.

I just found your PJ, and I have to say I LOVE the dress, shoes and the all the plans!!

I really wanted to get married around christmas in disney, because I love christmas, and disney is the best place to be for it! However, almost everyone of our potential guests had a problem with it (mostly because we are so far away from WDW, and people don't like travelling in the winter).

But now I will get to see a Christmas-y wedding, so I am excited!!! Oh, and I think the centerpieces are adorable!

I just found your PJ, and I have to say I LOVE the dress, shoes and the all the plans!!

I really wanted to get married around christmas in disney, because I love christmas, and disney is the best place to be for it! However, almost everyone of our potential guests had a problem with it (mostly because we are so far away from WDW, and people don't like travelling in the winter).

But now I will get to see a Christmas-y wedding, so I am excited!!! Oh, and I think the centerpieces are adorable!
I totally understand about people not wanting to go at christmas time but I didn't care, I knew my family and close friends would go and that was all that mattered to me!

Congrats! I love the dress and the invitations! I choose to do a Dec wedding so that all the Christmas decorations are up at all the parks. It will make for great picts. Can't wait for more posts!

I totally tried on your dress and LOVED it! It didn't end up being the dress for me but it is so beautiful and unique (not strapless!!). :goodvibes

Looking forward to all of your planning! :cool1:

So... things have changed DRASTICALLY!

Danny asked me the other day why we were waiting so long and I told him that WE had agreed to a Dec. 2010 wedding because it gave us time to save $ for a house and wedding. Then he asked me the logical question... "why wait?"

So we discussed things and decided that we would go with a smaller wedding, and Escape package, and get married sooner. He's applying to jobs out of state so buying a house is completely on hold until we know anything for sure, so if we are going to have to rent anyway why not move our wedding date up and by doing that save some $$?

I love when he's all "let's save $$", it's kind of sexy, KWIM?

So as of this morning when I spoke to Stacey, we are now officially booked for June 14, 2010 at the Wedding Pavilion and in Dec. we will be booking our lunch at the Napa Room. It's not a huge Wishes Wedding like we initially decided but with the plans to move and wanting to save more money we think this is our best choice. Especially when we have the Escape amount already in savings, that's a huge plus!!!

So everything is different, and now I'm scrambling to see what we can get together for welcome bags, favors and hotel stays!

I'm also looking for a good site to host our wedding site where the recipients of our Save-the-Dates will pre-RSVP so we have an idea of who's coming. Any suggestions?

Congrats on your new day! I like how you are scrambling to try to get things done I didn't decide to do a DFTW till July and am getting married in December, so you definitly have time to get stuff together. Goodluck. :cutie:

Congrats on your new day! I like how you are scrambling to try to get things done I didn't decide to do a DFTW till July and am getting married in December, so you definitly have time to get stuff together. Goodluck. :cutie:
God, I'd be freaking out!!!

Goodluck!!

Haha and the worst part is I didnt start to worry about the wedding till September, but I am almost done with all the planning so anything is possible. Goodluck. Oh I forgot to say I think that is so cute that he wanted to move up the wedding and that he cares about saving money, what a sweetie! Once again goodluck!

Haha and the worst part is I didnt start to worry about the wedding till September, but I am almost done with all the planning so anything is possible. Goodluck. Oh I forgot to say I think that is so cute that he wanted to move up the wedding and that he cares about saving money, what a sweetie! Once again goodluck!
Wow, you're way too calm to have only started planning in Sept!

It seems like every thing I do aside from work is about wedding stuff right now, lol. I'm sure for the next few months I won't worry about it but once spring break rolls around I'm sure things will pick up again.

Well, now this is really happening. Danny and I will be signing it this afternoon and I will be mailing it out tomorrow. It's a teacher work day here and I'm opting it so I have the whole day off! So wonderful.

I also have an appointment with a friend of mine who does printing work at 2pm tomorrow. He's offered to help with our save the dates and I think I'm going to let him do the whole wedding from STD's, invites, favor tags and all. I want everything to have a uniform look and since we need such small numbers it won't be expensive at all. I mean, from the way our guest list looks right now we only need 15 invites. We only have 23 guests.

I also think we're changing the red color to pink, like a fuschia/hot pink. Red is a winter color and at least pink makes me think summer. I'm going to have to exchange all the red ribbon I bought for pink.

And lastly, I need a sand ceremony set. Nothing monogramed because I just want them to be normal vases once we're home. Any ideas?

LoA is SIGNED!!!!!! My CC has been charged and I'm now waiting to be assigned my wedding planner.

On Friday I met with a friend of mine who does printing and graphic design. He offered to help us with our Save the dates, invites, favor tags and all the other paper stuff I'm forgetting. We met with him and made a color change. Danny was not feeling the fuschia/hot pink so I compromised and went with an aquamarine blue/black/white with only touches of fuschia. Our invites will be FL Marlins colored! LOLOL, the designer and Danny loved that. Ha!

I have pics of the new flowers I want to use for my bouquet and for the centerpiece and altar arrangements. It's a summer wedding now and deep red roses are not summer to me, so I want to go with gerber daisies. I'll post inspiration pics when I'm not sick.

So recap: YAY for signing LoA and paying the deposit!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter