Jennifer and Luke's PJ/TR NY/WDW HM 6/6/2010,Wedding photos up! 12/08

ugh this thing deleted my post!

okay so i'm thinking about cake toppers again and I def like the idea of little mermaid. which do you think is better for my colors and theme?

1234743.jpg

found for 175 no bids but 3 days

or

404271_wHR

found for 65 buy it now!

I'm leaning towards kiss the girl and DF towards the dancing. I guess it will depend on the cake as well? I am leaning towards a yellow cake with blue flowers. Will post pictures later to get opinions. but what do you guys like best?

Aww I like the kiss the girl. I think it fits your venue and is definitley a bit unique. I love it!

Well yes if you want to BUY into DVC...memberships start close to $15,000.

What we are talking about is "renting" from someone who already owns. I found my renter right here on the boards. He made a reservation for me, I signed a contract and then paid him. A room that normally goes for almost $400 a night cost me less than half that!! Our discounted rooms through Disney were $190 just for Port Orleans so this was a great deal for us!

hey I was wondering.....do you know if you book a vacation with DVC points can you still use the Disney Registry? or does that not count? :confused3

hey I was wondering.....do you know if you book a vacation with DVC points can you still use the Disney Registry? or does that not count? :confused3

I am pretty sure it counts. We are staying at Port Orleans for the first half of our trip so I used that ressie number. I am 99% positive that a DVC reservation number works too!! It's still Disney, so why not:goodvibes

You can still use the Disney Registry when renting, I was able to you just need to reservation number :goodvibes

okay so this is going to be a sort post! Me and DF had a great day. we picked a cake! and a wedding topper (thats a big deal) AND champagne glasses! I am very happy

newcake.jpg

Quick photo shopping job but you get the point
the flowers will look like this
02_BLSM_FRT_BL_250.jpg

and then the champagne glasses
BeachCollectionChampagneFlutes_XL.jpg

AND we booked our honeymoon! we are staying at the WL honeymoon suite with view of MK. I'm so happy and excited! we are celebrating with beer and smiles and Disney research. Its really rare that DF wants to talk about this stuff so I'm happy. :cloud9:

Getting stuff done is always awesome and getting your DFi to talk about it is even better. You cake is adorable, the flowers are cute, and the cake topper will look awesome. The glasses are beautiful as well.

That's awesome that you are staying in the HM suite at WL, I have since pictures and it looks beautiful. Jenny and Vin stayed there. :thumbsup2

Oh yay! I'm glad you guys both like the cake topper! I think it's really cute and unique! :goodvibes Seems perfect considering your venue too! The toasting glasses are cute too!

I think the cake is cute too, but honestly (and this is just my opinion so feel free to disregard it as you see fit lol), I would look at cakes with a more of an ocean type feel. Especially if you get that topper. You could still include your colors of course! Here's some pretty beachy looking ones.

beach%20shells%20005t.jpg

1194912770_1e1100ded7.jpg

57106279_c361bcec2d.jpg

CoralAndShells-LightDecoration.jpg

CoralAndShells-StandardDecoration.jpg

Oh yay! I'm glad you guys both like the cake topper! I think it's really cute and unique! :goodvibes Seems perfect considering your venue too! The toasting glasses are cute too!

I think the cake is cute too, but honestly (and this is just my opinion so feel free to disregard it as you see fit lol), I would look at cakes with a more of an ocean type feel. Especially if you get that topper. You could still include your colors of course! Here's some pretty beachy looking ones.

beach%20shells%20005t.jpg

1194912770_1e1100ded7.jpg

57106279_c361bcec2d.jpg

CoralAndShells-LightDecoration.jpg

CoralAndShells-StandardDecoration.jpg

hmmm..ya know my original cake was with shells, it was what I always thought I wanted...and then I kept searching and really like the flower cakes. The idea was that the bought is like floating in a sea of flowers? Maybe I need to rethink this. I just thought the seashells would be too much. I don't know. this is why it is bad for me to ever say, I have decided on something. :confused:

DF says he likes both. the seashells look like they are on the water and the seashells are under the sea? Are we too literal? haha
shell_pic_use_this_one250.jpg

These are the shells I found from the site I was going to by the flowers from. but they are pure white
seashell.jpg

and the cake with topper.

the issues I think I have is there isn't any yellow? and the colored shells I have found are usually tans so that doesn't work either.

Am I over doing the beach theme? I was afraid to over do it because there isn't actually a beach just water?
What is everyone else opinions?

DF just said he wants to go to Disney right now. This is what happens to us when we book trips to disney.

P.S. Disney Registry website is angering me.

Dress alert! yayayayay

So I thought I should post a couple of things on here today. I had a momentary freak out for no apparent reason. Thankfully my mom is awesome so I feel much better. Bought the cake topper today :love:

So I have bought my dress!!! yeah!!! I tried on more dresses then I think possible. The first place I tried on like 30+ and I was so convinced that I found the one. I love vintage and I really don't like bling. So I was having so much trouble finding something that I imagined. I picked a dress from Maggie that was lace but it was sold lace with no beading and when I looked at it again it was so boring. so the last time I went to Long Island I went to a shop and tried on another 20+. Narrowing it down to 3. Looking around the shop just to make sure I had seen everything I noticed a dress shoved all the way in the back of a rack (I had to go into all the dresses to see it) It was totally different then any of the others I had seen before. Being the type of person I am, not able to make a decision, I slept on it for a week and then went back and tried on 2 of the dresses and eliminated the other one immediately and decided on this one.

Sorry took down dress....df has been poking around too much, don't want him to see
:lovestruc
I'm altering it so that the lace hangs past the white and the train doesn't have the white under it either
I have ordered more of the same lace and i'm adding cap sleeves to it.
There are jewels at the top of the dress that go down the back to the end of the corset, hard to see in picture

Jewelry i'm not completely set on still looking around. My mom got me a set of pearls for my 21 birthday. I mention that i might wear them and my mom was very excited so that sort of decided that. So I am looking for a fancy pearl bracelet, something like this (maybe less expensive)

il_430xN.84046943.jpg

and earrings with pearls and diamonds but I haven't found any yet. I want them a little fancy like the bracelet because the necklace with be simple.
il_430xN.78255345.jpg

something like this

I worked yesterday on programs. I made fans to look like a clam shell. There will be Blue and Yellow ones, with opposite ribbons and brads

IMG_0132.jpg

closed
IMG_0126.jpg

open!
IMG_0122.jpg

stamp for the top
IMG_0130.jpg

close up of Brad.

IMG_0131.jpg

I might use these instead of table numbers

The dress is gorgeous. I'm not a huge fan of lace, but I really like the dress, the back especially. The pearls will look great with it!

That's a great idea for the fans, very clever making them look like clams, too cute.

Not sure about the cake, I like both the flowers and the shells. Although, the shells may go with your theme better since it seems like you are going with the total beach theme. :confused3

I really really think this looks amazing! :love: Of course, mine was simply a suggestion! If you're not in love with it, then go with what you do love! That's the beauty of it being YOUR wedding. It doesn't matter whether everyone loves what you do, or if no one besides you does. It's still your day! ;)

Congrats on your gown!! It's beautiful, and quite different! The fans you made for your programs are very cute too. You girls here on the boards make me realize I need to learn to be more crafty! :lmao:

I really really think this looks amazing! :love: Of course, mine was simply a suggestion! If you're not in love with it, then go with what you do love! That's the beauty of it being YOUR wedding. It doesn't matter whether everyone loves what you do, or if no one besides you does. It's still your day! ;)

Congrats on your gown!! It's beautiful, and quite different! The fans you made for your programs are very cute too. You girls here on the boards make me realize I need to learn to be more crafty! :lmao:

Thanks hun. I am very happy with my dress.

I know your cake idea was a suggestion, I need to decide what I want. My fear is that everyone will be over powered by shells hahaha. I don't want that. I bought the topper so at least that is out of the way and the cake can wait for a little while

Morning Ladies!
So I don't have that much to report. I worked on trying to make my own invites last night (no decorations just sizes and stuff) DF liked them but I'm trying to see the cheapest way I can have invitations in my colors. Paper seems very expensive. so we will see. I will most the example later.

I am looking at earring and jewelry as well. Open for suggestions.

I need help finding jewelry thats not too expensive but I like. HELP HELP! Thanks

As far as hair goes I want my hair half up and I think I want fresh flowers. Maybe some pearls or little diamond clips. I'm not sure. Also, I never wanted a veil or a tiara but I have been looking and now i'm not sure. Opinions? What is best for the dress?

Will post more in a bit

If you haven't found out already, a lot of us disbrides like the website etsy.com. LOVE their jewelry!!!

Also did you check out cardsandpockets.com? I bought the materials for my invites for under $2 each. They have a ton of colors too!!

If you haven't found out already, a lot of us disbrides like the website etsy.com. LOVE their jewelry!!!

Also did you check out cardsandpockets.com? I bought the materials for my invites for under $2 each. They have a ton of colors too!!

I love etsy BUT there jewelry that I seem to like can be rather expensive. I posted some i liked from esty with my dress post. So I was just trying to find something in the middle. not cheap looking but not pricey. I will look at that site again, I only glanced at it last time

hello, So I wanted to get some opinions on bouquets. My original idea was to have a yellow bouquet with small blue flowers scattered through it and then the brides maids have blue with yellow scattered. So I would like to get your opinion. Now i'm thinking what about white with yellow? Which do you prefer brides with white flowers or without? I really dont want to be too "traditional" I don't want roses and I don't think I want Calla lilies or at least not a lot of them.

So here the all yellow idea with maybe small little blue flowers
large_image.jpg

This is the one I originally wanted but obviously the pale yellow version of these flowers.
large_image.jpg

This as well but with the yellow again (seems like not a lot of people use the yellow version of these flowers...)
336061411_7a1a7aa13e.jpg

or very yellow
a100785_sum04_yellow1_xl.jpg

-4.jpg

-1.jpg

large_image.jpg

mostly white?
large_image.jpg

something like this? Without the dark blue more of the white/yellow flowers?

whatever mine was I was thinking something simple like the blue hydrangeas for the girls
large_image.jpg

what does anyone think? I've had a hard time finding good all yellow bouquets, guess its not extremely popular

Hope you all are having a good day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter