Jenn and Rolin's Disney Fantasy Wedding PJ

So DF and I just set up a honeymoon registry. I know we are sort of having a Honeymoon on the cruise (assuming we get married on the first day at sea), but it just seemed like a neat alternative to your typical registry. DF and I have lived together for so long we do not really need the things that you typically register for.

We are so excited about this. :cool1: DF was so hoping that our wedding cruise would be the same itinerary as the first one we went on so we could just walk around St. Maartin and St. Thomas and not have to worry about excursions. SO that was also a big factor in deciding to do the registry.

What is everyone else doing?

Joining in! Your dress is so lovely! I love how soft and flowy it looks, perfect for a cruise wedding in my opinion. :goodvibes The packages you are doing for your guests sounds really amazing! And I love the passport idea, fits in so well with the setting.

Joining in! Your dress is so lovely! I love how soft and flowy it looks, perfect for a cruise wedding in my opinion. :goodvibes The packages you are doing for your guests sounds really amazing! And I love the passport idea, fits in so well with the setting.

Thank you Nicole, it is so comfy too. I actually found the passport idea on someone else's PJ and decided to make it my own as they say. I will post pictures once I print it out.

Your day is coming up soon. Excited for you:cool1:

I am so glad I stumbled onto this planning journal! Your pre-arrival bags, welcome bags, and ideas are absolutely fantastic! They also made me feel as if I am slacking in preparing for my own wedding on the Fantasy this October. So... :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 on being totally proactive!
Your dress is so beautiful! I also got my dress from David's Bridal! I went to several of the expensive boutiques but I loved the variety that David's had because my personality didn't match one style dresses. Plus, I found the women at David's Bridal to be way more friendly!

On a side note, we did decide to bring along a photographer. We researched it by going to the knot (wedding site and magazine). You can put in the state or region of the state and type of vendor (south florida - photographer) and it will pop up wedding photographers in the area and who are reviewed, award winning and what not. It was very helpful since we had no idea where to start looking since we are in CA. Hopefully it helps. Not to mention that if you sign up for a newsletter they are always having promotions on their store for little wedding favors and personalized wedding gifts for the bridal party.

I look forward to more posts from you! I feel motivated to get back to planning my wedding. Lol. I feel like such a slacker now.

WHOA!!! You're welcome bags are awesome, I would love to get on if I were attending a cruise wedding. Also love the dress, I think it's perfect for a Cruise.

On a side note, we too are doing the Honeymoon wedding registry since our honeymoon is Disney World and then the Disney Dream to Bahamas. We have never been on a cruise let alone a Disney Cruise, can you give some suggestions?

I am so glad I stumbled onto this planning journal! Your pre-arrival bags, welcome bags, and ideas are absolutely fantastic! They also made me feel as if I am slacking in preparing for my own wedding on the Fantasy this October. So... :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 on being totally proactive!
Your dress is so beautiful! I also got my dress from David's Bridal! I went to several of the expensive boutiques but I loved the variety that David's had because my personality didn't match one style dresses. Plus, I found the women at David's Bridal to be way more friendly!

On a side note, we did decide to bring along a photographer. We researched it by going to the knot (wedding site and magazine). You can put in the state or region of the state and type of vendor (south florida - photographer) and it will pop up wedding photographers in the area and who are reviewed, award winning and what not. It was very helpful since we had no idea where to start looking since we are in CA. Hopefully it helps. Not to mention that if you sign up for a newsletter they are always having promotions on their store for little wedding favors and personalized wedding gifts for the bridal party.

I look forward to more posts from you! I feel motivated to get back to planning my wedding. Lol. I feel like such a slacker now.

Courtney - If you need any help with your welcome bags click on the links in my PJ if you see anything you like let me know. I work in the Scwag business and can get help with the cost for you. PM me the item# of anything you like and I will help out in anyway I can. '

I just briefly read the begining of your PJ and found that you met your DF thanks to technology. My DF and I met online as well. First time we actually spoke on the phone (I know old school but it was 9 years ago) we got on the phone at 9PM and were on the phone until 6 in the morning.

David's bridal is a funny thing I dont like the constant phone calls but they had so many plus size dresses that i liked that did not make me look like the stay puff marshmallow man. I tried on 10 dresses that day this one was the second.

We are actually bringing his nephew who is a photographer to take pictures $1000 is a lot to pay so we thought we would put it towards a stateroom and have his nephew come. YAY :cheer2:

Okay going to catch up on your PJ. Seriously if you need anything schwag like PM me and I will help a DCL bride out!

WHOA!!! You're welcome bags are awesome, I would love to get on if I were attending a cruise wedding. Also love the dress, I think it's perfect for a Cruise.

On a side note, we too are doing the Honeymoon wedding registry since our honeymoon is Disney World and then the Disney Dream to Bahamas. We have never been on a cruise let alone a Disney Cruise, can you give some suggestions?

K - Thanks about the bags, DF and I wanted to give people the things that we were thinking we wish we had when we were on our cruise.

Yeah my family are more cash givers and so we thought it would be a nice alternative for our registry.

Okay so what we did was we registered for another Cruise because we really want to either go back to St. Maartin (where we decided to get married) or to fly to San Juan and do the southern Caribbean cruise. We registered for a whole bunch of the smaller denominations and the a few of the higher dollar amounts. When we sent out our save the dates people actually sent us a few of the DCL Registry options. It was really neat.

Cruising is really great, but cruising with Disney is a whole different experience. If you are able to go with it and get into the "disney" part of it you will have a blast. Try to make friends wherever you go. My DF would talk to a tree if it would talk back so I usually make him lead. :banana: But seriously we made friends with our room attendant, the photo guys, our servers and when we were on the Magic we made friends with Tisa who was like the social director and she was a blast.

Make sure you look at the Navigator each night so that while you are at sea you don't miss anything you really want to see.

Also if you are doing an excursion or just going ashore to look around, take the duty free shoping seminar, all the gifts we brought back for our families were free things that we got from going into stores and collecting them or gift with purchase items.

Just try to be in the moment and you will have a blast. :woohoo:

Okay so i have the first draft of my pre-arrival passport but I cannot figure out how to show it on here. Its in PDF format. If anyone has any thoughts let me know. Would love to share.

I love what you have planned for the welcome bags. I was thinking of a passport for our wedding, even though its not a cruise. I think we may do plane tickets though as an invitation :).
Things are coming together nicely

Thanks for the info!

I would love to see the pdf but like you not sure how to share...hmmm

Hi, there! I think a wedding on the Fantasy would be so much fun and it sounds like you really are going to treat your guests! Our honeymoon will be on the Fantasy this October and we've never cruised DCL so we are beyond excited! I'll be following along :goodvibes

Hi, there! I think a wedding on the Fantasy would be so much fun and it sounds like you really are going to treat your guests! Our honeymoon will be on the Fantasy this October and we've never cruised DCL so we are beyond excited! I'll be following along :goodvibes

That is awesome, I wish we had thought about doing a DFTW at WDW and then taking a cruise that would be so much fun to.

Everything looks good! Your dress is beautiful! And I love the MOH's dress, beautiful color. :thumbsup2

I have always been a fan of purple and there were so many pretty dresses in that color. I cant wait to see what the pictures will look like when we get married.

I feel bad I have not had an update on progress for all of my planing. I really needed to focus on the other wedding events we have planned for next year. Since we are on a shoe string for events for his family and mine I am trying to do a lot with a little. But I am so grateful to have the opportunity to do this for our families who cannot afford to come on the cruise.

I am trying to bring the elements of the cruise to the other events. Like the place where we are doing the party in MN is a museum of sorts that has a viking ship in it. But I am stumped as to how to bring the cruise elements into the party for my family. Anyone have any ideas?

So yesterday was the day we broke the one year mark for our Sailing. :cool1:
I am so excited. I really am feeling like things are starting to come together for not only the cruise but the Minnesota Party as well as the Virginia Party. We sent the save the dates out in April and now I am starting to get sprinklings of ideas for where people will attend. I am excited about this because until now people have been pretty silent about where they would attend.

All of the things for the cruise are set except for some things we cannot do until we get closer.

We go to Minnesota in July to set up the missing pieces for that part.

The Virginia party is done except for the catering.

I am a very happy lady:cheer2:

Congrats on passing the one-year mark, it is major milestone, and pretty soon things will start picking up pace! :goodvibes And it sounds like a lot of things are coming along really nicely!

I was thinking about sharing a PDF, can you take a screen capture or "print screen" of the image? I don't if you are familiar with doing that sort of thing, but on my computer if you hold the function key (Fn) and the printscreen key (PrntScr) it will take a "photo" of anything on your screen and then you can just paste it somewhere, like Paint, and save as a jpeg or other image file. Just a thought! Or maybe print up a hardcopy and take a photo of it? I really would love to see your passports, if you couldn't tell! Haha!

I'm so pleased I found your post. Congratulations. I am also getting married on the DCL, magic August 2014 in the Med. I'm putting together bags for the guests too, because like you we thought it was a way of saying thank you for coming. Anyway this is your thread and I'm withering on, looking forward to seeing your plans.

Its funny how much more involved my DF is in this whole process than I had initially anticipated. There are a lot of things I can just take care of with out getting his stamp of approval, but there are some that he definitely wants in on.

For example I thought it would be really cute for our little ring barer to wear a shirt that says Ring Security. That got a no. Then I thought it would be cute to get him a shirt that says my first Disney Cruise. That also got a no. So I still have to find something for my honorary nephew to wear to the wedding. Either that or just have to sneak it in.:rolleyes1

The last pieces for our welcome bags have come together, both from fellow Cruise brides though one we'll have to wait until we are in Orlando to pick up.

Now its all about paying it off so that when it is time we can buy the plane tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter