Jem & Shell's Disney Adventure 11/10 - 11/18

Aussie Princess

Mouseketeer
So to introduce you (sorry no pics though)

Jem (DH) 32 - 2nd Visit to DL
Shell (Aussie Princess) 25 - 3rd Visit to DL

So well the story really starts the day before we fly out of Sydney - we received a call from Qantas informing us we were changed from our 3.15pm flight to a 11.50 flight to LA. Which wasn't too bad just an early start.

Nov 10 - What a frustrating day!!

Well originally we were catching the train for our place to Sydney International Airport (about 2hrs via train) but someone decided to place chicken with the train and lost so there was long delays so we ended up driving to the airport and getting there around 7am for our flight.

Arrived in LA at 6.45am to find Qantas had not loaded our bags on our flight and that they were arriving on the flight after arriving about 9.15 and we would have our bags that day..... so we left LAX on supershuttle and arrived at HOJO's to find our room was ready at 10am which we didn't expect at all so we could at least have a shower (we had no other clothes obivously) and went to Wallmart to gather some supplies for our stay.

Once we got back still no bags so we got in touch with Qantas who advised they had handed the bags to the courier and they would deliver it that day. A long story short we ended up getting our bags whilst we were at the Ice Hockey (Ducks v Islanders) some 14hrs after stepping off the plane in LA.

Nov 11 - Veterans Day

This morning we started off with the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour - we did this for DH who was searching for different experiences this trip and totally loved it except there was a WDW CM and a former DL cast mate which included some extra insight but also there was the WDW and DL banter which some ppl wouldnt understand. Loved the lunch afterwards a good chance to sit and talk a bit more about our guides job and what else he had done before being a tour guide

After that the lines were quite long so we used fast pass alot - didnt stay late into the evening as we were still tired and it was an early morning with the tour starting at 930 and battling the crowds to get in the park.

Part 2:

Nov 12 - Shopping

Today we were meant to go to Catalina Island but the tour was cancelled :sad2: so instead we swapped our LA Shopping Tour to today and went off and enjoyed that - visiting both Santee Alley and Citadel Outlets.

Wow Citadel is truly awesome that is true outlet shopping - we have outlets here in Australia but not as great as them - we got suits, hangbags, nike shoes, luggage, etc and wow the prices were awesome!

Love Love Love Citadel.... would like to go back again anyday....

Nov 13 - DL

Today we did our MM at DL and there were 2 things we wanted to achieve PP and Nemo and we only achieved Nemo - by time we rode Nemo and got over to PP the line was aleady posted as 40mins so i decided i wasnt waiting. Instead we headed over to SM and rode that particular as walk on then FP for later....

Today we had a wonderful lunch at BB truly awesome experience loved every minute of it. I had the gumbo and jambalyia and DH had the waldorf salad and NY steak and both managed to make room for dessert...

We treated lunch as our rest as we had the early morning - the park was a busy but not unmanagable we FP SM, IJ and BTMRR and rode those after our lunch had settled of course... We also hopped over to DCA to FP Soaring and ride Screaming which was quite a short line maybe 15-20mins which was great.

We were meant to do the parade and fireworks but were too tired so decided to do them on Sunday night with hopefully less crowds but all AP's were unblocked.

Nov 14 - DCA & DL

Today we had a bit of a sleep in and did breakfast at Mimis (man i love that place) and started at DCA at opening time of 10 we walked fastish to TSMM *** i love his ride and hate that there is no FP. We waited about 30mins for TSMM but the line was constantly moving we started in the line near the King Triton Carousel.

After TSMM we wandered over to GRR and got a FP and saw the line was only 10mins so we decided to wait the 10mins and then ride it again with our FP. So we were mildly wet at that time so we decided to call Lunch! and i only had 1 place i wanted to go ESPN ZONE! now i am a sports nut and went to the one in NYC before it closed and really its my version of heaven.... we had to wait about 15mins for a seat *** of sunday arvo football but the atmosphere was awesome there was 8 different games on and so many different supporters in there eating lunch...

After a very yummy and filling lunch we headed to WOD and LEGO store to do some shopping for gifts for everyone at home and then headed back to HoJos to rest up for the parade and fireworks.

Headed back to the parks at around 5 and found our spot for the parade and wow what a good parade the floats are amazing the detail thats involved in them.. After the parade we were not fussed at what we wanted to do so we went and got our spot for the fireworks (yes 2 hrs early) and watched the castle lighting the twice it was on and we found the time went fast had coffee and snacks and then about 15mins before the fireworks we were told we had to stand which was a bit annoying we were to the left of the castle on the fence of the gardens near the partners statue.. i dont remember this area being standing when we were there in March 09 but oh well we had no one behind us and the fireworks and snow was amazing i wanted to cry.

Most ppl headed off to Fantasmic after the fireworks and we sort of just wandered around Main St then decided to ride a few more rides then head back to Hojos.

Nov 15 - Universal Studios

We headed to Universal and i hadnt been in 13yrs and DH 1st time - wow the park was soooooo empty 5mins wait for everything. It didnt seem the same as when i went previously it doesnt have the same awesome feel i felt last time..

Still love the Studio Tour - they were filming ANTM there on the Bates Motel set that day and Housewives and a couple of other shows which was great.. King Kong WOW soooo awesome LOVE IT.

My only thing was the Simpsons Ride wow that was violent never been on anything that violent ever was a bit sore and sorry for myself after that...

Did enjoy the Special Effects Show that was great soooo many Aussies in the crowd only 1 person picked out to help was not from Australia.

We had our 1st Pinks hot dog experience as well very yummy and of course my personal fav Ben and Jerrys.

The Kwick E Mart was well put together as well my sister benefited from that shop she loves the Simpsons...

We returned back to Anaheim and decided we wanted Mexican for dinner so we got off the bus before HoJo and got Mexican takeaway from the place in the same complex as Subway on the corner of Katella and Harbor cant remember the name - love their food.

The Kwick E Mart was well put together as well my sister benefited from that shop she loves the Simpsons...

I know this is terribly off topic.

How do Aussies feel about the Australia episode where Bart lets the Bull Frog go? Was it too insensitive to enjoy? PS.... Coffee? Beer! coffee C-o B-e

I know this is terribly off topic.

How do Aussies feel about the Australia episode where Bart lets the Bull Frog go? Was it too insensitive to enjoy? PS.... Coffee? Beer! coffee C-o B-e

That episode didnt phase me much some parts of Australia are littered with cane toads (similar to Bull frogs) they are just a pest

Nov 16 - Angel Stadium

We kept today free on purpose as one of the things we didnt get to do last March (09) was do the tour of Angel Stadium - now i love baseball and of course Australia doesn't get the coverage the USA gets (we get 5 live games a week) so i keep track of the Angels mostly via the net.

So today was the day we did the 11am tour of the stadium - this isnt my first baseball stadium tour we did Fenway in Boston is March 09 as well.

and WOW sooooo awesome we went into the press boxes the club house visitors change room the Angels Dugout totally loved it!!!

I even could point out where i sat 13 yrs ago to my DH when we saw Angels vs Baltimore when i went with my dad and sister at the grand old age of 13.

After stocking up on merchandise including All Star gear (70% off) couldn't ship it to Australia for that price - we decided to head off to Anaheim 300 to have some lunch and enjoy some bowling... I used to bowl in a league every week and well i havent bowled in almost a year and my score was a totaly diaster much to DH delight!

Nov 17 - Santa Ana & Macy's!

Today was the day we were meant to go on our shopping tour until we changed it to the Friday - so instead we caught the bus to Santa Ana (i wish the bus was that cheap in Australia) and went to the Macy's 1 day sale at Westfield.

And wow i wish Australia had Macy's and these types of sales my DH got himself a new CK suit for 75% off in a morning sale special and we also shopped around for some perfume and got a Macy's Christmas Smurf!

we also wandered around the rest of Westfield and then over to Barnes and Noble to get HIMYM Season 5 ( the 1 thing i really wanted) - i dont understand these department stores dont have DVD sections in Australia all of them have DVD/CD sections but yeah had to go to Barnes and Noble to get it - not that i mind i love to read as well so bought a book.

After we got the bus back from Santa Ana we just chilled out for the rest of the arvo went and sat by the spa and put our feet in hearing stories of people from Washington State that were expecting snow at home that weekend and were happy to be in the warmth of CA.

We also enjoyed the fixed 3 course meal at Mimis for dinner - so yummy Mimi's is truly one of our favs place to eat.

Nov 18 - our last day! DL

WOW the trip was effectively over the supershuttle was picking us at at 6pm from HoJos and DL and DCA didnt open til 10.

the crowds were very light which was great we got to do everything we wanted to do that day including finally PP. The longest wait time i saw for the day was Autopia 35mins at one stage - we waited about 15mins when the 35mins was posted. Space was 15-20mins at most all day. Buzz opened up later in the afternoon - They were having issues in the morning so didnt open it but the constant wait time was 15mins - i really hated that it was closed the week were there as we would ride it almost every day.

Our final ride of the trip Indiana Jones - we also saw the Flag Ceremony as we were leaving and just stood there and took in the Christmas atmosphere for the final time.

So thats about it - unsure when we will be back hopefully next year as a final leg of a trip to Ireland, Toronto and NYC.... Believe me if i had my way this would be our holiday every year and i am unsure if i would go any other time than Christmas now *** it was truly magical.

Aussie Princess signing out! thanks for reading

I also bought christmas decorations for all our family as a special treat for their christmas tree and a vinyalmation backpack and a few other bits and pieces for us and our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter