• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

jellyrolls

jkh1978

DIS Veteran
When we tried last trip, it was at capacity. Are there better nights to hit the club where it isn't so crowded? We plan to see Illumination and then head over... is that a bad idea?

We plan to see Illumination and then head over... is that a bad idea?

1) Usually a bad idea.
2) Typically, pretty crowded by 9:15pm.
3) Plus, others at Illuminations have the same idea.
4) Best Days
. . . Sunday
. . . Monday
4) Worst Days
. . . Tuesday/Thursday - cast members go on these two days (mainly Thur)
. . . Friday/Saturday

When we tried last trip, it was at capacity. Are there better nights to hit the club where it isn't so crowded? We plan to see Illumination and then head over... is that a bad idea?

Alot of the crowds come with conventions at the Swan/Dolphin, but also if the parks are busy, JRs will be busier. As the pp pointed out, some nights are busier than others - especially weekends and Tuesday nights. But if you plan on a Sunday or Monday night, you should be fine doing Illuminations first.

Enjoy!! :goodvibes

When I was on my CP, my friends and I would go to Jellyroll's on Tuesday nights. We would get there VERY early in order to get a table on the floor. It was always very full but fun! I would stay away on Tuesday nights for sure.

I haven't been to Jellyrolls in years...I actually miss going on a Tuesday night. My friend is actually married to the piano player Scotty. He was always my favorite piano player so I was shocked when I reconnected with her that she had married him!

You might want to have a transportation plan for getting back to your resort after JR's. You won't be able to cut back through Epcot to get to either the bus, the parking lot or the monorail. There are no busses from any of the Epcot resorts to the front of Epcot and you can't walk there. You could take a quick cab ride to the front of Epcot, or you could take a boat or walk to DHS, providing the busses haven't stopped by the time you leave JR's. The other option would be to get on a DTD bus from one of the Epcot resorts, then another bus to your resort.

You might want to have a transportation plan for getting back to your resort after JR's.
I believe there are late night busses from the BW bus stop that will take you back to your resort (labelled DTD) - at least there were a couple months ago. Since PI closed, Disney has dispatched DTD busses to the BW and if you ask the bus driver, they will take you directly back to your resort.

Not sure can't you catch a bus from the Swan or is it the Dolphin behind Jellroll? I think I have done this in the past getting old can't remember.

I believe there are late night busses from the BW bus stop that will take you back to your resort (labelled DTD) - at least there were a couple months ago. Since PI closed, Disney has dispatched DTD busses to the BW and if you ask the bus driver, they will take you directly back to your resort.

How smart of them to do this! :thumbsup2
Thanks for that info, travelin' tigger. I have been in the predicament of being at the Flying Fish for a late dinner and then trying to figure out how to get back to my resort. This would really be a great solution, I hope they continue these busses. If not, a taxi gets you where you need to go without a problem.

My girlfriend and I went there a couple of weeks ago (awesome time!). We left at about 1:30 to catch a bus to DTD so we could transfer to our resort bus. We were the only 2 on the bus and the driver was able to take us directly to our resort.

OP, if you have a free night with no fireworks or other shows planned, might I suggest eating dinner at the Boardwalk, watching some of the street performers, then head over to Jellyrolls. It really is a great night and eliminates the hustle, bustle and wonder of if you will get in or not. If you don't have a free night it is still worth trying to get to after IllumiNations.

How smart of them to do this! :thumbsup2
Thanks for that info, travelin' tigger. This would really be a great solution, I hope they continue these busses. If not, a taxi gets you where you need to go without a problem.
One time I got to the BW bus stop and waited 10 minutes - no busses so I grabbed a taxi. All the other times I was able to get a bus directly back to my resort.

What time does the show get started at Jellyrolls? And what's the current cover charge? Thanks.

Peace :hippie:

Definitely go and have a good time. JellyRolls is an awesome place and a great time. When I lived down there, I drove over to go many times. And to get back to your resort, just take the DTD bus to and switch over to your resort. The piano players are awesome and they put on a great show. It's truly a unique place to have a drink. Just stay away from Cast Member Night on Tuesday.

Not sure can't you catch a bus from the Swan or is it the Dolphin behind Jellroll? I think I have done this in the past getting old can't remember.

They do not have buses to the other resorts from the Swan and/or Dolphin.

They do not have buses to the other resorts from the Swan and/or Dolphin.

Correct. Not the Swan or Dolphin.

The buses that run directly to the other WDW Resorts (they are only available late at night) can be found at the Boardwalk Resort's Bus Stop.

When I was on my CP, my friends and I would go to Jellyroll's on Tuesday nights. We would get there VERY early in order to get a table on the floor. It was always very full but fun! I would stay away on Tuesday nights for sure.

I haven't been to Jellyrolls in years...I actually miss going on a Tuesday night. My friend is actually married to the piano player Scotty. He was always my favorite piano player so I was shocked when I reconnected with her that she had married him!

Just an FYI - Cast Member night is no longer limited to Tuesday night, it is every night. So Tuesday will be no busier then any other weekday (on average).

Just an FYI - Cast Member night is no longer limited to Tuesday night, it is every night. So Tuesday will be no busier then any other weekday (on average).

OMG! That is so cool! Too bad I'm no longer working down there...granted I'm still a Disney CM, but not at the parks anymore.

The buses that run directly to the other WDW Resorts (they are only available late at night) can be found at the Boardwalk Resort's Bus Stop.

What time do these buses run, and where do we pick them up? I wanted to spend some time at the Boardwalk at night, but thought I'd have to go to DTD to board a bus to AKL.

1- What time do these buses run, and

2- where do we pick them up?

1- They begin running sometime later in the evening, after Epcot is closed.

2- At the Boardwalk Resort's Bus Stop. #21 on the map below.

Bdwk_MCU_091509.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter