• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jellyrolls - worth it?

I went last November earlyish around 8 or before & there were no seats left. We had a beer or two & left. It was a waste of $$$ :(

We always look in to see how crowded it is before we spend the money to get in. If there are no seats available. we do something else in the Boardwalk area until seats become available. We have never been able to not find a seat and have a fantastic time. A few times we sit in the back at the counter and I actually like the expereience back there just as well.

I've always wanted to try it! Hopefully we'll be able to go in January, but we have a little problem :lmao:.

Our party is 3 adults (me, DFiancee and her DMom) and 1 teen (her 16yo DBrother).

What can he do on the Boardwalk while the rest of us go in for at least an hour (9h30 to 10h30 probably after we leave HS on EMH)? :confused3

We don't want to leave him just standing there alone while we go see some nice dueling pianos! :rotfl:

If he is a sports fan, let him go to ESPN Club, grab a sandwich and take in all the sports action. There are game rooms at the hotels if he is into that. If you are only talking an hour, have him explore the Swan and Dolphin, and The Beach and Yacht Club. Plenty to do, even if it just grabbing a slice of pizza and people watching. A 16 year old will probably enjoy the break from the three adults, and may even wish it were longer.

DeaverTex et al---

Jellyrolls is one of our favorites- we usually go through hurdles to get there.

I don't t think there's anything in Austin that compares.

If he is a sports fan, let him go to ESPN Club, grab a sandwich and take in all the sports action. There are game rooms at the hotels if he is into that. If you are only talking an hour, have him explore the Swan and Dolphin, and The Beach and Yacht Club. Plenty to do, even if it just grabbing a slice of pizza and people watching. A 16 year old will probably enjoy the break from the three adults, and may even wish it were longer.

Thanks, will see with him what he would prefer! He isn't a huge sports fan, but might enjoy some time there.

DeaverTex et al---

Jellyrolls is one of our favorites- we usually go through hurdles to get there.

I don't t think there's anything in Austin that compares.

Quite possibly there isn't, but I wasn't kidding when I say we don't go to the venues here. (Well, other than La Zona Rosa for a Nightwish / Sonata Arctica concert a couple of years ago.) We're music lovers, but the places you have to go to hear it just have no appeal for us.

But, there may be enough here to convince Mrs. Tex to give it a shot next time we're there. Which won't be before 2014 at the earliest, so I hope I can keep her convinced! ;)

Im more of a watcher, join in when I want to kind of person. Is this a type of place that will come out in the audience or persuade me to go on stage if i dont want to?

luv2boys said:
Im more of a watcher, join in when I want to kind of person. Is this a type of place that will come out in the audience or persuade me to go on stage if i dont want to?

I haven't been to Jellyrolls specifically, but have been to many piano bars and haven't really seem them do that. A couple times I have seen them
bring up bachelorettes, but that's about it!

We are going in a little under a month and are planning on visiting Jelly Rolls as a date night. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to eat on the Boardwalk be fore going? :cool1:

Howl At The Moon in Austin is the same concept as Jellyrolls, if you wanted to check out the Dueling Piano thing before going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter